~Smoking Banned Outdoors In NYC~

smoking was not banned "outdoors" it was banned in public parks and on beaches.

And yes, it's too far.

on the other hand, when you're walking on the beach and step on a cigarette ibutt when you have bare feet is pretty gross

Check out the number of cigarette butts when they rake the beaches. Your beach is one big ashtray.

Smokers have always been pigs as they flick their cigarettes away and say..."Somebody pick that up"

Really? You speak for all smokers?
I've ALWAYS been a polite smoker and I have never "flicked" my cig. I don't use a beach as an ashtray and I damn sure don't toss it in a gutter since all gutters here lead straight to the ocean. I move away from people or find a secluded corner to have my cig when I am not home and have to be in public.
Let me borrow your big assed brush for sec: It's all those nasty non smokers who gasp and wave their hands furiously while invading my space, making me gasp for air from all the perfume they drench themselves in because they refuse to bathe.

See how that goes?

I appreciate that you keep your stink to yourself. I'm afraid most smokers still revert to their old habits when no one is watching.

Is breathing clean air really that hard for you?

Check out the number of cigarette butts when they rake the beaches. Your beach is one big ashtray.

Smokers have always been pigs as they flick their cigarettes away and say..."Somebody pick that up"

I've ALWAYS been a polite smoker and I have never "flicked" my cig. I don't use a beach as an ashtray and I damn sure don't toss it in a gutter since all gutters here lead straight to the ocean. I move away from people or find a secluded corner to have my cig when I am not home and have to be in public.
Let me borrow your big assed brush for sec: It's all those nasty non smokers who gasp and wave their hands furiously while invading my space, making me gasp for air from all the perfume they drench themselves in because they refuse to bathe.

See how that goes?

I appreciate that you keep your stink to yourself. I'm afraid most smokers still revert to their old habits when no one is watching.

I breathe clean air all the time. I live on the beach. Wind is always blowing. I CHOOSE to smoke. Don't want me to smoke in your bar? Ok. Your restaurant? Ok. Your parks? Ok. Your beaches? Ok. But what I do in my car, in my house, is my business.

Unfortunately, too much focus is on smokers while how many college kids are dead from drinking and OD'ing on alcohol? How many people killed due to DUI's? How many commercials push alcohol on young people, how many movies focus on being a drunk, etc etc etc.

Not all are bad drinkers. Just like not all are bad smokers.

See how that goes?

I have to say one thing here. If trash is the problem, then the state needs to crack down on litterers no matter what their litter is.

Drinkers will be next. Watch and see. Alcohol will be served only in establishments for alcoholic beverages. Including beer. No more grocery store runs because you can't take it off the premises. Then it will be no more beer commercials. Once a few years of badgering winery makers and wine tasters and all booze where you are taxed to death, then what? Outside barbques. Hot dog stands. Etc etc etc.

Drinkers will be next. Watch and see. Alcohol will be served only in establishments for alcoholic beverages. Including beer. No more grocery store runs because you can't take it off the premises. Then it will be no more beer commercials. Once a few years of badgering winery makers and wine tasters and all booze where you are taxed to death, then what? Outside barbques. Hot dog stands. Etc etc etc.

It's already illegal to drink in public (well for the most part)

See how that goes?

I breathe clean air all the time. I live on the beach. Wind is always blowing. I CHOOSE to smoke. Don't want me to smoke in your bar? Ok. Your restaurant? Ok. Your parks? Ok. Your beaches? Ok. But what I do in my car, in my house, is my business.

Unfortunately, too much focus is on smokers while how many college kids are dead from drinking and OD'ing on alcohol? How many people killed due to DUI's? How many commercials push alcohol on young people, how many movies focus on being a drunk, etc etc etc.

Sorry, Grace, but the Central Planners have spoken: Smoking is bad. BAD! Anyone who smokes is not only unpatriotic, but an enemy of the State. What you need is some quality time at a Government Reeducation Camp where you will spend 18 hours cleaning the beaches of disgusting cigarette butts. Now get to work!

Sorry, Grace, but the Central Planners have spoken: Smoking is bad. BAD! Anyone who smokes is not only unpatriotic, but an enemy of the State. What you need is some quality time at a Government Reeducation Camp where you will spend 18 hours cleaning the beaches of disgusting cigarette butts. Now get to work!
:boobies: I'll go topless as I pick up butts and smoke my ciggie.:tongue:

Do not complain about the condoms and hypodermic needles now children. Remember.... Smokers are Very Bad!!!

:boobies: I'll go topless as I pick up butts and smoke my ciggie.:tongue:

now THAT would be funny.

See how that goes?

On the other hand, no one ever died of second hand perfume.

How can you be sure?

I doubt very highly that New Yorkers worry about the "harmful effects" of second hand smoke outdoors. When will Bloomberg ban cars?

I've lived at the beach almost my entire life. Years ago, people didn't think twice about leaving a few butts. Now they know how all those butts add up. All the smokers I see, take them with them now. Polite signs and trash cans might be a better start. But that's not what it's about. It's about telling smokers they are not welcome. Shameful and dumb for tourist areas.

When bars and restaurants can no longer tell people to step outside, many will not survive.

Years ago before the complete ban on smoking on beaches, I was vacationing in Maui. We were at the beach, snorkeling but in between dips, we would smoke while catching some rays. A guy came up to us and offered us a ALOHA! disposable ashtray and was going up and down the beaches with a bag full of them. We declined it, because we had our own container. A baggie. Full of our butts. And smokers near us were putting theirs in empty soda cans.

Not all smokers are crude.

If there is no ashtray or "butt-buddy" available, I will snuff out the butt and put it back in the pack to throw away when it is empty.

And I never smoke around a non-smoker, EVER. Even in my home or car. My wife is a non-smoker, and I wait for rest stops to smoke when we are on long trips.

But everyone wants to take every last place away from us when we want to light up. But they sure are happy to take our money from us in taxes.

One day, they will make all smoking illegal. And I'm going to giggle my ass off when government taxes other people's pleasures to make up for the lost cigarette taxes. The nanny folks are going to scream bloody murder when their oxes are being gored.

I doubt very highly that New Yorkers worry about the "harmful effects" of second hand smoke outdoors. When will Bloomberg ban cars?

I've lived at the beach almost my entire life. Years ago, people didn't think twice about leaving a few butts. Now they know how all those butts add up. All the smokers I see, take them with them now. Polite signs and trash cans might be a better start. But that's not what it's about. It's about telling smokers they are not welcome. Shameful and dumb for tourist areas.

When bars and restaurants can no longer tell people to step outside, many will not survive.

Years ago before the complete ban on smoking on beaches, I was vacationing in Maui. We were at the beach, snorkeling but in between dips, we would smoke while catching some rays. A guy came up to us and offered us a ALOHA! disposable ashtray and was going up and down the beaches with a bag full of them. We declined it, because we had our own container. A baggie. Full of our butts. And smokers near us were putting theirs in empty soda cans.

If there is no ashtray or "butt-buddy" available, I will snuff out the butt and put it back in the pack to throw away when it is empty.

And I never smoke around a non-smoker, EVER. Even in my home or car. My wife is a non-smoker, and I wait for rest stops to smoke when we are on long trips.

But everyone wants to take every last place away from us when we want to light up. But they sure are happy to take our money from us in taxes.

One day, they will make all smoking illegal. And I'm going to giggle my ass off when government taxes other people's pleasures to make up for the lost cigarette taxes. The nanny folks are going to scream bloody murder when their oxes are being gored.
:eek: Butt-buddy? BUTT-BUDDY???

Bite your tongue.

:eek: Butt-buddy? BUTT-BUDDY???

Bite your tongue.

I wonder why your mind is in the gutter. :eek:

I'm taking about one of these...

OP-0603.jpg

Forty years ago the pot heads would have been rioting in the streets over their loss of liberty. Today they are members of the robitc masses who obey every order from the left wing administrations. I can't imagine getting a ticket from the smoke police on the mean streets of NYC. That's life under liberalism.

Link Ms. Beck?

Do you have a link that proves she's Mrs Beck? Let me guess you'll prove it Friday right? See you in 3 months bitch.
Edited. No Discussing PM's or Banning on the Open Boards.

Bitch.

Conhog, you were banned, how can you come back? Fucking sock puppet.

We have been waiting for his SELF banning for a week.... he claimed he was NOT conjob and if it was proved he was he would self ban for a week.

seems as if the SELF part he didnt get.

Sad part is...you're not far from the truth.

Forum List

Back