Smashing Sweetpacks

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I've gotten pretty good advice on this board so far so.... anyone know how to get rid of the Sweetpacks hijacker?

Ever since I chose to go with Chrome as my browser on a brand new laptop, this thing has popped up every single time I open a new tab and tries to take me off to some bogus "cleanup" link. I can get rid of it and go where I want, but it's a PITA.

I've seen several pages that purport to offer a removal tool but I don't know what's trustworthy. Going into Control Panel and uninstalling doesn't do it -- it opened IE (which I never use) and displayed a bogus "your software has been uninstalled" page which is a Sweetbacks URL and obviously bogus.

Neither Norton nor AVG has flagged this thing; it's just playing annoying-man over and over and over.

TIA

These kinds of adaware are amazing PITA's...and can and usually take 20 to 30 minutes of hacking to get rid of them, especially since many of them install themselves in the Windows recovery partition.
Good luck...just reiterating what ceral posts - don't skip any steps.

Start.sweetpacks.com Redirect Virus Removal

Watch the video too. You need to manually remove some of things as well. So don't skimp on anything

Thanks.
That video is useless though.

Follow steps 1 and 2, follow up with step 4 unless you want to try the tool suggested in step 3.

Remove Sweetpacks Toolbar (Removal Guide)

I would like to officially nominate Ringel for King. :udaman:

That worked. It seems to be entirely gone. :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back