Smart Move By Rick Perry

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
The more people see of Rick Perry the more they find out he's not right for America. Rick's solution? Stay off of national TV.

Rick Perry, who earlier this week called his participation in recent presidential debates a "mistake," plans to limit his participation in upcoming forums heading into the heat of the primary season

On Tuesday, Perry told Fox's Bill O'Reilly that the biggest mistake he's made so far in his campaign was agreeing to participate in debates at all.

Political observers have linked Perry's dramatic drop in the polls in recent weeks to his shaky debate appearances.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rick-perry-plans-skip-upcoming-debates-140004904.html

Hes a not so bright Texan with lots of swagger.

We already had one of those and it didnt turn out too well.

The more people see of Rick Perry the more they find out he's not right for America. Rick's solution? Stay off of national TV.

Rick Perry, who earlier this week called his participation in recent presidential debates a "mistake," plans to limit his participation in upcoming forums heading into the heat of the primary season

On Tuesday, Perry told Fox's Bill O'Reilly that the biggest mistake he's made so far in his campaign was agreeing to participate in debates at all.

Political observers have linked Perry's dramatic drop in the polls in recent weeks to his shaky debate appearances.

Rick Perry plans to skip some upcoming debates | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
There's already a thread on this.
And the announcement was he would skip debates. He is right. The debates are worthless, a barrage of sound bites at each other. Who needs that?
He will do better doing interviews and appearances. That ought to propel him to the nomination, to the extreme discomfort of the lefties and their allies in the Paul camp.

Rick Perry plans to skip some upcoming debates | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
There's already a thread on this.
And the announcement was he would skip debates. He is right. The debates are worthless, a barrage of sound bites at each other. Who needs that?
He will do better doing interviews and appearances. That ought to propel him to the nomination, to the extreme discomfort of the lefties and their allies in the Paul camp.

I agree. Its high time the children left the debates to the men that want to debate real issues and actually try and solve our problems. Rick Perry can shove his tort reform right up his ass, and when he is done with it he can pass that tort reform to every rich dumbfuck in the country so they can do likewise.

Asshole neocons need to learn that Americans like civil liberties.

I tend to agree.

Perry is not a good debater.

He probably would fair better with personal appearances and interviews.

Despite what some may think he doesn't strike me as a dummy and I think it would be worth his while to showcase himself by doing what he is good at.

I tend to agree.

Perry is not a good debater.

He probably would fair better with personal appearances and interviews.

Despite what some may think he doesn't strike me as a dummy and I think it would be worth his while to showcase himself by doing what he is good at.

Great, what used car lot is going to go work for?

He will do better doing interviews and appearances. That ought to propel him to the nomination (wishful thinking), to the extreme discomfort of the lefties and their allies in the Paul camp.
Right. Who needs the candidates defending their positions in a debate style under pressure?

"Gardasil" Rick and his nice hair should stick to softball questions only from interviewers who are his supporters.

I've already seen hacks on FauxNews saying he can mount a comeback if he does the right things.

Yeah, like avoid debates. :lol:

"Uh, Governor Perry. Our focus groups have learned that your approval numbers go up when you can't be seen or heard!" :lol:

Something come to mind about this, if the Gov. skips the debates will that reduce his exposure to people who have not decided as of yet? I am led to believe there is a large majority of Republican voters who fall into that catagory. The other thing that comes to mind here, is if the Gov. makes it as far as being nominated then will he apply the same thought process in a national debate where he has to appeal to not only his base but also a very large and ever increasing independent voting block. It would seem to me that this tactic while on the surface might seem like a good thing to the Gov. might spell his campaign falling out of contention.

Something come to mind about this, if the Gov. skips the debates will that reduce his exposure to people who have not decided as of yet? I am led to believe there is a large majority of Republican voters who fall into that catagory. The other thing that comes to mind here, is if the Gov. makes it as far as being nominated then will he apply the same thought process in a national debate where he has to appeal to not only his base but also a very large and ever increasing independent voting block. It would seem to me that this tactic while on the surface might seem like a good thing to the Gov. might spell his campaign falling out of contention.

Good point Navy.

Perry may be able to duck out on the GOP debates but no way could he duck debating Barry. If the got the nom that is.

Food for thought.

Perry is as done as bachman, palin, paul, newt and any of the other single digiters.

Romeny will be your guy.

Perry is as done as bachman, palin, paul, newt and any of the other single digiters.

Romeny will be your guy.
As usual, you haven't done your homework.

Paul is not a "single digiter" as you say and has won more than his fair share of polls. I believe that qualifies you as a "liar".

Also, Palin isn't running. Never was.

Hes a not so bright Texan with lots of swagger.

We already had one of those and it didnt turn out too well.

he was in for 8 years...and the economy turned for the worse AFTER the houses went democratic.

SO I would say things went quite well with the last one.

However, whereas I do not doubt Perry's intelligence, he is not my candidate of choice.

Oh yeah..and you TM?

You are a hack.

Just needed to remind you of that.

Romeny will be your guy.

Paul is not a "single digiter" as you say and has won more than his fair share of polls. I believe that qualifies you as a "liar".

Paul's support is below 10%. His rabid supporters flood polls, artificially raising his ranks.
When Paul craps out are you throwing your vote to your second choice, Obama, or just burying your head in the sand swearing the establishment did him in?

Romeny will be your guy.

In fact, many of them are double digiters.

I think this is a foolish move for Perry. He is going to have to debate if he wants to be President. Instead of running away from it, he needs to embrace it and become better.

To pretend the economic crash was caused by a dem congress is the definition of partisan hackery.

How can you lie to yourself like that?

Forum List

Back