Smart Democrats Should Be Worried

Why would they take away the mortgage interest deduction? Do they not want people to be able to afford homes? Do you know how many more foreclosures there will be as a result?

From someone who is impressed by Breitbart

Oooooo lookie....that hurt.

Only the ill educated cite the Times, thats just the way it is.

I have a BA from CAL and a Masters from San Francisco St. U. You?

Is that supposed to impress me?

You have degrees from two of the most liberal schools in the nation and you cite the NYT, you are dismissed spanky.

You weren't taught how think, you were taught to regurgitate progressive bullshit.

Oooooo lookie....that hurt.

Only the ill educated cite the Times, thats just the way it is.

You have degrees from two of the most liberal schools in the nation and you cite the NYT, you are dismissed spanky.

You weren't taught how think, you were taught to regurgitate progressive bullshit.

Your posts do not suggest brilliance. But good effort to censor my point, evidence that you have nothing of substance to offer but silly personal attacks.

Link to a thoughtful article on Ryan, Romeny and their economic policy ideas:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/us/politics/ryan-and-his-budget-are-a-gamble-for-romney.html?_r=1

P.S.

I'm off to dinner in the City, hopefully I'll be stimulated by a wonderful menu since the posts by the conservatives on this thread would cure sleeplessness and put even a well rested person to sleep.

Last edited:
"The New York Times is the most distinguished source for news in the US."

No, fox news is. LOL. The anti worker, pro CEO news network.

Your posts do not suggest brilliance. But good effort to censor my point, evidence that you have nothing of substance to offer but silly personal attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/us/politics/ryan-and-his-budget-are-a-gamble-for-romney.html?_r=1

P.S.

I'm off to dinner in the City, hopefully I'll be stimulated by a wonderful menu since the posts by the conservatives on this thread would cure sleeplessness and put even a well rested person to sleep.

My point stands, you are ill educated....you've not been taught to think, you've been taught to regurgitate...I'll also bet you teach.

"Nonpartisan analyses of Mr. Ryan’s proposed income tax cuts reached conclusions much like those of Mr. Romney’s tax proposals in recent weeks. “The tax cuts in Paul Ryan’s 2013 budget plan would result in huge benefits for high-income people and very modest — or no — benefits for low-income working households,” Howard Gleckman, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute, a policy research organization, wrote in summarizing the findings of the Tax Policy Center.

"The center is a joint effort of the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution that includes economists and tax experts with experience in both Republican and Democratic administrations. It concluded that a tax-code overhaul meeting Mr. Romney’s goal — a 20 percent cut in all rates without adding to annual budget deficits — would leave wealthy taxpayers with a large tax cut but 95 percent of Americans with a net tax increase once tax breaks for items like mortgage interest are curtailed to keep deficits in check."

I cherry pick because I know the willful ignorant won't bother to read an ariticle from the New York Times, link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/us/politics/ryan-and-his-budget-are-a-gamble-for-romney.html

Entire article linked for the curious.

What makes a study written by a Democratic donor non partisan?

The fact that the NYT agrees with it.

P.S.

If you were half as smart as you pretend you are you would know that you are misusing the word censor.

Why would they take away the mortgage interest deduction? Do they not want people to be able to afford homes? Do you know how many more foreclosures there will be as a result?
Middle income people dont itemize generally. So the mortgage deduction actually benefits high income people more.
Or did you not consider that?

P.S.

If you were half as smart as you pretend you are you would know that you are misusing the word censor.

Maybe he means "censure".
But who knows? He doesn't know what he means. That's the problem with cock-suckers.

Middle income people dont itemize generally. So the mortgage deduction actually benefits high income people more.

Those who have a mortgage almost always itemize.

Ryan is almost as extreme as Obama, ie. not at all. You really need to stop spouting sound bites in an attempt to look intelligent and informed, it makes you look as dumb as rdean.

Ryans "non extreme" budget plan managed to hit all the rightwing talking points. Cut taxes on the wealthy, slash social spending, increase military spending, kill Medicae, kill Obamacare

Ryan's budget plan actually hit quite a few of the Democratic talking points too, why don't you mention them?

Your fingers broken?

P.S.

No big deal, he must pretend to be the smartest guy in the room...me?

I'm just some schmuck in Omaha that has no use for pretense.

Um,no.
http://www.urban.org/uploadedpdf/412099-mortgage-deduction-reform.pdf
Check P2. The MID disproportionately benefits upper income taxpayers. No wonder you like it so much. Lefties are the biggest fucking hypocrites on the planet.

Nice try but those wars were in full gear when Bush was in office and the debt was nowhere near as high. This is why I talk about your lack of intellectual honesty.

And anyone knows that if you have certain unexpected expenses then you cut spending elsewhere. Even FDR rationed during WWII. Even Carter rationed during the gas shortage. Obama thinks he has a blank check and he spends with no concern to the future b/c for him there is no future. He'll be dead in 20 years from all his smoking. He's fine with living the high life while he can.

Gasbag, you're full of shit as always. You're obviously still very young, and your immaturity shows.

No real answer and you get a thanks from Macdoffus.

What a pair of low brow lefty retards.

The mortgage interest deduction amounts to less than the standard deduction for most filers. In order to itemize they would have to properly understand tax laws, or hire an account to do their taxes for them, and then still have deductions that add up to more than the standard deduction. Most people do not go to the trouble even if you can sit down and prove to them they would benefit.

Romney had been running on a platform of.......We gave Obama a chance and he failed
That tactic had no legs and Romney fell further back in the race

With the selection of Ryan, Romney is embracing extreme rightwing economic ideology. He is firmly abandoning the middle class in favor of supply side solution to our economy

Double down on Trickle Down

Ryan is almost as extreme as Obama, ie. not at all. You really need to stop spouting sound bites in an attempt to look intelligent and informed, it makes you look as dumb as rdean.

Reform is reform; Ryan's ideas maybe reform but seem at first look to be radical. Imagine paying into social security for 30 or more years and learning on your 54th birthday the supplemental retirement income you counted on evaporated as did you IRA in October 2008?

The left's biggest strawman.

Even if the trust fund goes belly up, the current predictions are that people will get 75% of benefits.

That's not going to change. What might change is that you will have more flexibility in where you put your benefits.

Choice => A four letter word to the left.

BTW: Nobody is going to put SS funds in the stock market. It's the lie the left makes love to on a nightly basis.

As usual your ignorance and dogma prevent you from knowing the truth.

Only someone who worships the opulent and hates working Americans could hate the Kennedy family

Ted Kennedy helped MILLIONS. Eunice Kennedy Shriver helped MILLIONS.

Ted Kennedy helped leaches and parasites destroy America. He was the enemy of every hard working productive American.

Leaches and parasites?

Do you mean seniors who get Meals on Wheels?

Do you mean women who want the same classroom and athletic opportunities?

Do you mean Americans with disabilities who now have real opportunity to be a contributing member of society?

Do you mean women who now receive the best quality cancer-screening tests?

Do you mean workers who no longer lose their jobs when employees take unpaid leave for up to twelve weeks to care for a new baby (by birth, adoption, or foster care), an ill family member, or when a serious health condition makes that employee unable to work?

Do you mean American workers who now have their health insurance protected when they lose or change jobs?

Do you mean American workers who now have a law that protects the security of their health records and their privacy as patients?

Do you mean all American citizens who have enhanced security of the nation’s drinking water, food and drug supply and biological agents?

Do you mean all American citizens who now have enhanced border security that requires all travel documents be tamper resistant and machine readable, and also extends the communication between law enforcement agencies?

Do you means senior citizens who now have Medicare prescription drug coverage?

Do you mean children who now have more intense security and Amber Alerts along the nation’s roadways?

Do you mean American workers who can now get COBRA to continue their group health insurance?

Do you mean all American citizens who benefit from funding for new research in early detection of cancer, including access to clinical trials and information and the strengthening of research and cancer prevention and detection?

Yea, what a bunch of fucking leaches and parasites!!!

Yep thoes are the ones that Ryans Rollers are talking about.

Forum List

Back