Smart
Lolololol
Democrats
lolololol
Lolololl
What a scream
Lolololol
Lololo

Well it does sound like the democrats posting here are not worried.

not at all maybe the Ryan threads will stop because hes a non factor. Hes sooo not helping Romney u can tell by the 10 or so threads about how much he sucks.

You have to wonder when if ever Romney is going to stop catering to his own party's rightwing and instead make some effort to win votes in the center,

because that is where he is going to lose this election.

Romney chose to double down on trickle down.

Middle class America will love it

Ryan's district is rated +2 R in the Cook index of partisanship. It's not a Democratic district.

Let's wait and see if this puts Wisconsin in play.

Well, thanks at least for admitting that Wisconsin is currently not in play, IOW, you're admitting that all the idiots who've been saying it was in play are full of shit.

Secondly, Romney has to win 91 electoral votes from Obama's total in 2008. Let's then decide who cares if a VP pick creates a special favorite son type situation in Wisconsin and flips it red.

Smart Democrats Should Be Worried - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online

Are there smart democrats ? Just asking.

There are five reasons. I'll post them one at a time.

Liberal pundits are already fanning out in force to attack and discredit Paul Ryan. Michael Tomasky, who recently wrote a Newsweek cover story calling Mitt Romney a “wimp,” has now decided that Romney’s bold move is “a terrible choice” because Ryan has proven himself to be an extremist on budget issues.

No doubt there are many Democrats rubbing their hands in glee in contemplation of reviving some version of the ad that featured an actor playing Paul Ryan pushing a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff. But the smarter ones are worried.

First, if Ryan is an extremist and his proposals are so unpopular, how has he won election seven times in a Democratic district? His lowest share of the vote was 57 percent — in his first race. He routinely wins over two-thirds of the vote. When Obama swept the nation in 2008, he carried Ryan’s district by four points. But at the same time, Ryan won reelection with 65 percent of the vote, meaning that a fifth of Obama voters also voted for him.

Ryan has pointed out to me that no Republican has carried his district for president since Ronald Reagan in 1984. “I have held hundreds of town-hall meetings in my district explaining why we have to take bold reform steps, and I’ve found treating people like adults works,” he told me. “All those ads pushing elderly woman off the cliffs don’t work anymore if you lay out the problem.”

I respectfully disagree with your points.

I think at this moment, Barack Obama really likes that Paul Ryan was chosen, that way we get to have a national referendum on Medicare and the Social Safety Net as a whole, instead of it being a referendum on him.

If Christie had been the guy, the Democrats wouldn't know wtf to do.

But Paul Ryan's budget reveals the ultimate difference between the core philosophies of both parties: Democrats say "We're stronger if we share the burden, share the pain, and share the prosperity", while Republicans say, "Every man for himself".

Cut and dry. Take it or leave it. One side says we should negotiate fixed prices for seniors and give them Medicare. The other side says we should give them a percentage of what their health care costs are and let them leave their houses and go shopping for insurance themselves.

Main Street voters are pissed: They're pissed at Wall Street for creating an economic crisis, and they're pissed at the government for enabling Wall Street, then rescuing them with our money, and now telling us we're broke as a result and so bye-bye Medicare.

With the Paul Ryan pick, everything crystallizes now into two fundamentally different visions for the future of America. Will Main St. voters decide that we should punish ourselves for what the Wall Streeters did by actually voting to gut our own health care? We'll have to see, but I highly doubt it.

You don't screw around with America's third rail like this in a general election, and the choice of Paul Ryan brings that idea front and center now.

I'd say it's game over once the Obama Super PACS start using clips from townhall meetings like this from last year-- [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnIcvgFe1Y&feature=related]The GOP Meets the Main Street Movement - YouTube[/ame] --featuring craggy old white conservative voters yelling and booing at their Republican representatives for actually voting yes to end Medicare as we know it.

None of this would even be coming up had Pawlenty, Rubio, Christie or Portman been announced today. But no, just like McCain, Romney went and got mavericky and decided to appease the Kochs and the Cons, which is great for them and for folks like yourself who get to invent things like "smart Democrats are worried", but it's meaningless to the moderates among us out there.

For three months now Obama has been hammering away at the wishy washy Romney, and for three months people like yourself keep saying how afraid the Democrats are.

Yeah, I'm sure Obama is just shaking in his turban at the thought of that 9 point lead in the latest FOX poll.
One word...POWERFUL!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Well it does sound like the democrats posting here are not worried.

not at all maybe the Ryan threads will stop because hes a non factor. Hes sooo not helping Romney u can tell by the 10 or so threads about how much he sucks.

It's the hot topic. Chik-Fil-A was the hot topic a few weeks ago. Now there is just one lone thread that goes on and on.

There is zero reason for any Democrat to give the VP nomination of the opposition party more or less attention than any other member of the opposition party. Palin was the exception, of course, because the GOP played her up so hard. And she was slapped down harder by Katie Couric of all people. If Tim Russert had gotten a chance at her, we may have had our first live-TV suicide.

Smart Democrats Should Be Worried - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online

Liberal pundits are already fanning out in force to attack and discredit Paul Ryan. Michael Tomasky, who recently wrote a Newsweek cover story calling Mitt Romney a “wimp,” has now decided that Romney’s bold move is “a terrible choice” because Ryan has proven himself to be an extremist on budget issues.

No doubt there are many Democrats rubbing their hands in glee in contemplation of reviving some version of the ad that featured an actor playing Paul Ryan pushing a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff. But the smarter ones are worried.

First, if Ryan is an extremist and his proposals are so unpopular, how has he won election seven times in a Democratic district? His lowest share of the vote was 57 percent — in his first race. He routinely wins over two-thirds of the vote. When Obama swept the nation in 2008, he carried Ryan’s district by four points. But at the same time, Ryan won reelection with 65 percent of the vote, meaning that a fifth of Obama voters also voted for him.

Ryan has pointed out to me that no Republican has carried his district for president since Ronald Reagan in 1984. “I have held hundreds of town-hall meetings in my district explaining why we have to take bold reform steps, and I’ve found treating people like adults works,” he told me. “All those ads pushing elderly woman off the cliffs don’t work anymore if you lay out the problem.”

I think at this moment, Barack Obama really likes that Paul Ryan was chosen, that way we get to have a national referendum on Medicare and the Social Safety Net as a whole, instead of it being a referendum on him.

But Paul Ryan's budget reveals the ultimate difference between the core philosophies of both parties: Democrats say "We're stronger if we share the burden, share the pain, and share the prosperity", while Republicans say, "Every man for himself".

Cut and dry. Take it or leave it. One side says we should negotiate fixed prices for seniors and give them Medicare. The other side says we should give them a percentage of what their health care costs are and let them leave their houses and go shopping for insurance themselves.

Main Street voters are pissed: They're pissed at Wall Street for creating an economic crisis, and they're pissed at the government for enabling Wall Street, then rescuing them with our money, and now telling us we're broke as a result and so bye-bye Medicare.

With the Paul Ryan pick, everything crystallizes now into two fundamentally different visions for the future of America. Will Main St. voters decide that we should punish ourselves for what the Wall Streeters did by actually voting to gut our own health care? We'll have to see, but I highly doubt it.

You don't screw around with America's third rail like this in a general election, and the choice of Paul Ryan brings that idea front and center now.

I'd say it's game over once the Obama Super PACS start using clips from townhall meetings like this from last year-- [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCnIcvgFe1Y&feature=related]The GOP Meets the Main Street Movement - YouTube[/ame] --featuring craggy old white conservative voters yelling and booing at their Republican representatives for actually voting yes to end Medicare as we know it.

None of this would even be coming up had Pawlenty, Rubio, Christie or Portman been announced today. But no, just like McCain, Romney went and got mavericky and decided to appease the Kochs and the Cons, which is great for them and for folks like yourself who get to invent things like "smart Democrats are worried", but it's meaningless to the moderates among us out there.

For three months now Obama has been hammering away at the wishy washy Romney, and for three months people like yourself keep saying how afraid the Democrats are.

Yeah, I'm sure Obama is just shaking in his turban at the thought of that 9 point lead in the latest FOX poll.

They're pissed at Wall Street for creating an economic crisis, and they're pissed at the government for enabling Wall Street, then rescuing them with our money, and now telling us we're broke as a result and so bye-bye Medicare.

The Wall Street rescue, TARP, was paid back at a profit to the Treasury, so that is not why we're broke.
Medicare has a $60 trillion long-term shortfall. That's why we'll be broke.

Off course Odd-Dude would attempt to censor this substantive post with his usual idiotgam.

Smart Democrats lololololol
Oloollolo
Lolll
Lolollllooolllll
Lolololllolool
Lololo
Lolol
Lolol
Lololol
Omfg
Lolollolol

This post is what goes for a smart Republican (Smug, Mendacious, Absurd, Reality challenged and Torpid of mind - SMART)

And, cocksucker you are, you responded to it.

"cocksucker"? Now, now child, we both know you wouldn't call me that to my face and only cowards do so while hiding behind their keyboard. You are mindful of those punks, handcuffed and safely enclosed in the cage of a patrol car, who call the driver names and insult his family. In common parlance, felony stupid and a lowly punk.

This post is what goes for a smart Republican (Smug, Mendacious, Absurd, Reality challenged and Torpid of mind - SMART)

And, cocksucker you are, you responded to it.

"cocksucker"? Now, now child, we both know you wouldn't call me that to my face and only cowards do so while hiding behind their keyboard. You are mindful of those punks, handcuffed and safely enclosed in the cage of a patrol car, who call the driver names and insult his family. In common parlance, felony stupid and a lowly punk.

No, I'd call you that to your face. If I could see it behind that cock in your mouth.

yes we still worry even though the Ryan choice was dumb as fuck.

You guys cheat your asses off in elections
Election Day impersonation, an impetus for voter ID laws, a rarity, data show - The Washington Post

One word...POWERFUL!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sure to shake the confidence of the SMART Republicans; watch as they post idiotgrams in a futile effort to censor this post.

While Romneys waffling on key issues make him hard for Democrats to target, there is no waffling on Ryans position

He has documented his views on the future of America and will make a great target

Hey no worries here since I can remember..................

Its pretty fundementally simple.

Item: McCain lost most of the swing states by 5 points or less back in 2008, and that was with an economic crash AND McCain being the worst candidate in the last 100 years for the GOP.

Item: No incumbent has ever won in a general election in over 6 decades when under 50% even with a decent economy. Obama has been under 50% for well over a year and the economy is in the shitter.

Item: Been to a gas pump lately?

Item: 42 straight months of unemplyment over 8%

Item: US National Debt up 5 trillion in the past 4 years

Item: Majority hate Obamacare

So what are the Dums hanging their hats on exactly? That Romney will lose because he's a bit stiff?

OK

If this doesnt feel like 1979, dont know what does s0ns........and all the k00ks talked about back then was how Reagan had zero chance!!! In August of that election year, Carter was up by a few points. We all know how that turned out!!!:coffee:

Last edited:
And a very interesting poll......

Rasmussen shows on yesterday's LV poll that 39% have a favorable opinion of Ryan, 25% unfavorable, 36% no opinion.

If 39% already have a good opinion of him even after seeing Granny in her wheelchair crash on the rocks below, it looks to me as if the Dems are up against a high wall if they think they can convince a large enough % of those "no opinion" folks to turn Ryan's positive into a negative.

They are either incredibly stupid or showing nothing more than an overly full sack of political bravado.

And a very interesting poll......

Rasmussen shows on yesterday's LV poll that 39% have a favorable opinion of Ryan, 25% unfavorable, 36% no opinion.

If 39% already have a good opinion of him even after seeing Granny in her wheelchair crash on the rocks below, it looks to me as if the Dems are up against a high wall if they think they can convince a large enough % of those "no opinion" folks to turn Ryan's positive into a negative.

They are either incredibly stupid or showing nothing more than an overly full sack of political bravado.

Yeah........the goofball ad's only play with the incredibly dumb. Most independents laugh at that stuff. I couldnt be happier.............the debate of Ryan and Biden will be one of the all time classic blowouts. People will get to see how fucking smart this guy Ryan is...........and think about how many fucked up misspeaks Ryan has to throw at that dummy Biden.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back