Small engine torque converter....

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I suppose I'm paying the price for never owning a gocart and jumping right into dirt bikes...but I had never seen one of these. My friend brought over a hotrod T-bucket gocart he was building for his kids and I was like "what's that?".
IMG_20230812_172000253.jpg

IMG_20230812_172006624.jpg

It's a torque converter for small engines.

I had no idea they existed.

I'm immediate started thinking bandsaw sawmill...and a host of other uses.

Since I'd never heard of them, I figured I'd share my newly discovered knowledge with you.

The one pictured is a Vevor Torque Converter from Amazon mounted on a 6hp tiller motor.

Know of people who have put them on golf carts but beyond that, not the kind of monkey I have ever wrenched.

I suppose I'm paying the price for never owning a gocart and jumping right into dirt bikes...but I had never seen one of these. My friend brought over a hotrod T-bucket gocart he was building for his kids and I was like "what's that?".
View attachment 814854

View attachment 814855

Since I'd never heard of them, I figured I'd share my newly discovered knowledge with you.

The one pictured is a Vevor Torque Converter from Amazon mounted on a 6hp tiller motor.

They're pretty common.
Polaris SxS's use em as do snowmobiles.
The polaris has 100 HP.

IMG_1980.jpeg

View attachment 814854

View attachment 814855

nice bugger welds
it looks like my welds

It don't look like no stinking torque converter! :)

Forum List

Back