Slummin' It

ZackB

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Deep South
I visited the local cigar shop after work today to buy a couple more Cohiba Black maduros. The one I had Saturday was phenomenal. They were a little pricey at the brick and mortar store at $18.00 a pop, but I bought 2 of them. I knew that I wanted one tonight but I also had to go by the store tonight to pick up some stuff, make dinner and do stuff, so I would not have time to devote to the Cohiba. So I picked up a cheapo that I had never tried.

I chose a Don Tomas Classico Allegro with a maduro wrap and large ring (50). I must say, under the circumstances I am thus far impressed. It is full bodied with a very woody and peppery taste. It's only a couple notches below a Cammacho Maduro in strength. The most amazing thing is that is cost less than 6 bucks (5 and some change). I don't think that I will change from my Padron 3000s as my everyday smoke anytime soon, but this is definitely worth the price if you like a full bodied, woodsy taste, and I do. Honestly, this is a damn fine smoke!

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1460416041.170397.jpg
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1460416055.061804.jpg

• Banned
Still going strong. No re-lights, good smoke, ash fell off at maybe a little over an inch. The taste and strength are definitely getting strong in the second third.

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1460417180.056038.jpg

• Banned
Final verdict: Don Tomas Classico Allegro maduro is the real thing. For under $6.00, you cannot beat it. I will smoke these again.

Forum List

Back