Sleep Walking??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I know many of us have an active dream life, just wondering if anyone here sleep walks, or sleep eats.

There was something on this the other night, more specifically that it's being used as a defense for some who have committed murder...while sleepwalking.

I know I have fallen out of bed a few times while dreaming, but I have never been seen walking or eating cerial like some have claimed they do.

Bonnie said:
I know many of us have an active dream life, just wondering if anyone here sleep walks, or sleep eats.

There was something on this the other night, more specifically that it's being used as a defense for some who have committed murder...while sleepwalking.

I know I have fallen out of bed a few times while dreaming, but I have never been seen walking or eating cerial like some have claimed they do.
I don't sleep walk, but I have been witnessed to have sat straight up in bed, start talking as though in the middle of a conversation with eyes wide open, then slam back down onto the mattress, all the while asleep.

I've probably mentioned this before - but as a Kid I was VERY sleep-walky...I'd wake up wondering the house, groping the walls crying my eyes out in panic. That was fixed after a spiritual experience when I was about 5 though.

:D

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't sleep walk, but I have been witnessed to have sat straight up in bed, start talking as though in the middle of a conversation with eyes wide open, then slam back down onto the mattress, all the while asleep.

YOU could be a candidate for this... :D
It seems that there is this condition that people who are in a REM state instead of being paralyzed still have their motor functions and can act out their dreams.

My ex used to have work conversations in his sleep, and say things like "I have that file in my car" it was kind of funny to listen to...

dmp said:
I've probably mentioned this before - but as a Kid I was VERY sleep-walky...I'd wake up wondering the house, groping the walls crying my eyes out in panic. That was fixed after a spiritual experience when I was about 5 though.

:D

Care to share??

Bonnie said:
YOU could be a candidate for this... :D
It seems that there is this condition that people who are in a REM state instead of being paralyzed still have their motor functions and can act out their dreams.

My ex used to have work conversations in his sleep, and say things like "I have that file in my car" it was kind of funny to listen to...
My old roomate had something similar, except he spoke gibberish.

No! The blue one. I said math going start! Peanuts!

It would always catch me off guard and freak me out like he was actually talking to me, and then I'd remember he was just crazy. I bet there were nights where he was talking all sorts of nonsense and I was up wide-eyed talking to no one... bet that would have been entertaining to watch.

Like Clay I've been known to agree to things while sleeping I have no memory of after.. :)

heh

That or she's just playin' me.

B - I'll draft up something which described what I had and post up in a bit...gotta pee now.

:(

hah

dmp said:
Like Clay I've been known to agree to things while sleeping I have no memory of after.. :)

heh

That or she's just playin' me.

B - I'll draft up something which described what I had and post up in a bit...gotta pee now.

:(

hah
Yeah, that too. There were countless times where I would wake up with my mom screaming at me, and I'd be so confused. Turns out, she would come in to wake me up, and I would sit up and acknowledge her, than immediately lay back down. After 3 or 4 times, she'd blow her top and I'd wake up all confused as to how I'd pissed her off before I even woke up. I was GOOD at getting under my mom's skin.

here's what I experienced..

As a young child - 3 or 4 and into my 5th year, I suffered what now are called 'night terrors'. I'd get out of bed, still sleeping, but in utter panic. I'd be walking along the walls, looking for a doorway to somewhere, crying and screaming in terror. After some time, I'm unsure if it were months or weeks of this, or even years...But I remember one instance of my parents huddled around me on bended knee praying for me. After they were finished, they put me back in bed. The lights in my room were off as they tucked me in - I slept in the bottom of a bunk-bed under -Cp.

Sometime after they left, I half-awoke to a tingling feeling. As I opened my eyes in the dark room, I could 'just' make out the shape of a large hand reaching down to me from across my body. Think if you were kneeling beside a bed, facing the person sleeping on their back, and you reached your right hand over to touch their chest/heart area. When the hand made contact with me I felt electrocuted, but no pain. It was as if my room became the surface of the sun because of the brightness. My head was swimming, I felt as though I were floating. I looked across the room towards my door to see, just for an instant, the figure of a bearded man wearing a robe. He was standing with arms to his side, palms facing outward. We made eye contact for a brief second, and then he was gone. The room was dark. I believe I've never suffered another 'night terror' from that moment on.

The ClayTaurus said:
My old roomate had something similar, except he spoke gibberish.

No! The blue one. I said math going start! Peanuts!

It would always catch me off guard and freak me out like he was actually talking to me, and then I'd remember he was just crazy. I bet there were nights where he was talking all sorts of nonsense and I was up wide-eyed talking to no one... bet that would have been entertaining to watch.

Hmm yes that would be funny... :eek:

A few times my ex would punch me in the back, he claims to have no memory of that either (rolls eyes) but really he was dreaming at the time. But your right it does scare the hell of you when it comes from out of the blue and usually it was loud.

dmp said:
here's what I experienced..

Wow!! That's not something anyone would likely forget or dismiss.

I still have night terrors occasionally, but I think they fall more under the realm of paralyzing dreams. I hear someone in my house or my room and I feel Im awake but I can't move or speak. Sometimes I hear footsteps coming up the stairs or shaking my bed. It's probably one of the most terrifying experiences one can have while sleeping.

Come to think of it, my best friend growing up used to wake up in the middle of the night in a panic saying "Tracy, Tracy! I dropped my cigarette!!". She did this all the time, for some reason - eyes wide open, but asleep.

Said1 said:
My ex used say "shh, sshh" in his sleep a lot. :laugh:

My other dog used to growl sometimes too, that was funny.

LOL my ex used to snore in my ear, so I would shhish him and say roll over, and without missing a beat or waking up he would....

My best friend has woken up with her husband's hands around her throat. She made him lock his guns in a cabinet and give her the key. Her oldest son sleepwalks, too.

I talk in my sleep sometimes. I've been told.

Forum List

Back