Slavery

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Does the slave class ever forgive their oppressors even after being set free?

Do some of you smart folks in here know of any ancient examples?

no such thing as a slave class,,,youre either a slave or not

if youre asking if people that have never been slaves forgive somebody for something that never happened to them I would ask why??

nothing happened to them,,

I think some people hold grudges against the history of America's peculiar institution that gave them the right to hold an entire race in bondage as property in perpetuity. Some don't.

Forgive? Yes.

Forget? No.

I still celebrate the freedom of my people from Egypt some 3000 years ago.

if youre asking if people that have never been slaves forgive somebody for something that never happened to them I would ask why??

Humans aren't rational people. There are those who have never been slaves that still hold a grudge. Is this historically consistent with past civilizations?

Those who do not know history are destined to repeat it. So what can the United States of America realistically expect to happen?

So who thinks that when slavery ended, former slaves and former slavemqaters sat around a campfire and sang Kumbya?

Historical context forces the realization that racial oppression (read Jim Crow laws) must be held accountable for racial resentment.

There are, as it turns out, many different forms of slavery. Economic, social, political.

Humans aren't rational people. There are those who have never been slaves that still hold a grudge. Is this historically consistent with past civilizations?

Those who do not know history are destined to repeat it. So what can the United States of America realistically expect to happen?
ignore them is an option,,,

or ask them what they are doing for the 30 million people living in slavery today,,,,

ignore them is an option,,,

No thanks. I prefer to accept reality instead of hiding from the parts of reality that I don't like.

This is a problem in American society. Whether it is justified or not is totally irrelevant. If a giant hurricane destroys houses and kills people then you still have to prepare for its potential destruction.

I wasn't trying to have the morally superior opinion. I was trying to understand the likely outcome of events in the United States.

Will this discussion shrink generation by generation and eventually disappear? Will this discussion escalate with the passing of time? Can we expect the crimes to be exaggerated thus creating an even more unjustified hostility?

What should happen? I don't care.

What will happen? Now that is what I want to know.

It depended on how the slaves were treated while in captivity. A large number of slaves in the American South maintained good relations with their former masters after emancipation because they had been treated humanely. I would hesitate to put a percentage on this, but, based on my reading of slave narratives and histories of the 19th-century South, I'd say perhaps 50% of slaves fell into this category.

It was not uncommon in ancient Greece and Rome for slaveholders to free their slaves, either out of kindness of heart or because they allowed the slave to earn enough money to pay for freedom. Again, how the freed slave viewed his ex-master depended on how he was treated while in captivity. If a master freed a slave because the slave was getting old and because he wanted to be rid of the cost of maintaining the old slave, that was a different story.

It depended on how the slaves were treated while in captivity. A large number of slaves in the American South maintained good relations with their former masters after emancipation because they had been treated humanely. I would hesitate to put a percentage on this, but, based on my reading of slave narratives and histories of the 19th-century South, I'd say perhaps 50% of slaves fell into this category.

It was not uncommon in ancient Greece and Rome for slaveholders to free their slaves, either out of kindness of heart or because they allowed the slave to earn enough money to pay for freedom. Again, how the freed slave viewed his ex-master depended on how he was treated while in captivity. If a master freed a slave because the slave was getting old and because he wanted to be rid of the cost of maintaining the old slave, that was a different story.

I doubt anybody remembers how they were treated as slaves. The most entertaining story of how slaves were treated will be the relevant factor not reality.

Urban slave plantations exist today. New form of slavery where they use blacks to fool blacks to stay put. And they get rewarded. But if they disobey WOW

Urban slave plantations exist today. New form of slavery where they use blacks to fool blacks to stay put. And they get rewarded. But if they disobey WOW

Is this code? I don't get it.
Urban slave plantations? Code no it’s a real thing.. Black slaves lived in squalor ,, democrats keep blacks in squalor today
If a slave was sick It got healthcare same today if a black is sick,
Democrats fed slaves, today democrats feed the slaves, it keeps them in one place,
Education
All for votes..
the 5 pillars of slavery exist today

Urban slave plantations? Code no it’s a real thing.. Black slaves lived in squalor ,, democrats keep blacks in squalor today
Democrats fed slaves, today democrats feed the slaves, it keeps them in one place,
Education
All for votes..

I still don't get it. It sounds like you are referencing living in a big city. There is actually no labor of any kind involved.

Education
All for votes..

I still don't get it. It sounds like you are referencing living in a big city. There is actually no labor of any kind involved.
They used to produce cotton now the produce votes.. and if they don’t.. they get attacked like Candace Owens was recently kicked out of a restaurant and assaulted, minority Andy ng was beaten almost to death. A Jewish speaker was almost burned alive

Education
All for votes..

They used to produce cotton now the produce votes.. and if they don’t.. they get attacked like Candace Owens was recently kicked out of a restaurant and assaulted, minority Andy ng was beaten almost to death. A Jewish speaker was almost burned alive

Ignore. (Sorry I was trying to have a serious discussion. )

Education
All for votes..

Ignore. (Sorry I was trying to have a serious discussion. )
Huh can’t handle facts? Lol

663736D8-DD2B-418B-88ED-9D66F1B497C4.jpeg

It seems that blacks refuse to accept their own culpability in slavery.

The chain began with black african tribe fighting black african tribe...the winners either killed the losers or sold/traded them to slave ship captains. (there is black culpability #1).

Next the slaves were then brought to many places...one place being America...where the slaves were sold to whites, blacks, and indians (yes there were blacks who owned black slaves...there is black culpability #2).

If you need proof just search on the words "Anthony Johnson Slave".

So why all this slavery bullshit is only aimed at whitey is beyond me!

Forum List

Back