Skin probs

Good luck, Sonny! Let us know how it goes. And remember..it WILL sting, but hell..I used to pour the stuff full strength over my head (with eyes tightly shut, lol) as a hair/scalp conditioner. If i can handle it...you can! :)
I need to read more about how much you should drink, and if you mix it with anything in order to drink it.
From what I read...it is 1 tablespoon per glass of water. Actually, it tastes really good in hot tea. I've done it that way but was too afraid to continue due to gastro probs and not know if it would make that issue worse. Anyway...1 Tbsn twice a day in a drink or just plain water.
One gal put a teaspoon of it in her babys grape drink. But it has to be ORGANIC with the "mother". The mother is dark cloudy stuff floating at the bottom of the juge. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is usually what I buy. It is not processed so all the goodies are still in it.
I just tried regular ACV that I had in the pantry. Where do you get the other kind? I just soaked my hands real good with it. I hope it helps.
Health food store, Sonny. Maybe a Walgreens. The ACV you used is fine for now. But get the organic with the Mother in it. The cloudy stuff. ACV may dry out your blisters and cracks, so if you have some VIRGIN olive oil or coconut oil, moisturize lightly. LIGHTLY. Do you have aloe? That would be good too.
I'll go to Walgreen's tomorrow and look for it. I have a ton of stuff to put on my hands. Thanks. I really appreciate everything.
Call them and ask if they have Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Save ya a trip if they don't.
Let us know how it works out for you, ok?

Once you have shingles, it generally will recur. My son deals with psoriasis in his ears and at the base of his skull...try tea tree oil as well.

For the experiment....I just now applied ACV to my neck. DAYUM it burns. And no, I didn't dilute it.

I got the shingles shot about 4 months ago. I was lucky last time. It was on the side of my knee on the inside part of my leg. Somewhere, I was researching it and according to wherever you had measles as a kid, the virus is in your body (hangs out in the spine area) and wherever it settled is where it will appear on your body. Doc made a path with his finger from my knee and the shingles up my thigh and said the virus was hanging out in my lower spine..which is why it appeared on my leg.

I shoulda kept the link to that explanation but didn't.

Once you have shingles, it generally will recur. My son deals with psoriasis in his ears and at the base of his skull...try tea tree oil as well.
Someone here said they have it in their ears too but I forget who it was. That must really REALLY hurt.

This is as close to what my doc said, that I can get. Shingles follows a nerve path.

Haha yeah it's stingy. I have a regimen for my daughter and I when we get itchy...I make a paste of baking soda and water, and work it into the scalp really thoroughly. Then rinse that out. Get it rinsed well or you will replicate soda/vinegar volcano in your head when you rinse with a wash of vinegar and water....about 1:3 parts vin to h2o. Let that sit a few minutes and rinse. Your hair will be clean and your head will feel amazing. It won't cure anything but it will exfoliate your head and remove deposits that are left on your hair by shampoos and conditioners...my daughter and I are both sensitive to those. It also balances your skin ph.

Someone here said they have it in their ears too but I forget who it was. That must really REALLY hurt.
My son's psoriasis acts up in his ears and among his forearms and shins.

My neck is all warm now. But it isn't itching. Whew. Relief for awhile.

I'm half assed tempted to dump some on my scalp and forehead but I don't wanna sit here with wet hair again.

I need to read more about how much you should drink, and if you mix it with anything in order to drink it.
From what I read...it is 1 tablespoon per glass of water. Actually, it tastes really good in hot tea. I've done it that way but was too afraid to continue due to gastro probs and not know if it would make that issue worse. Anyway...1 Tbsn twice a day in a drink or just plain water.
One gal put a teaspoon of it in her babys grape drink. But it has to be ORGANIC with the "mother". The mother is dark cloudy stuff floating at the bottom of the juge. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is usually what I buy. It is not processed so all the goodies are still in it.
I just tried regular ACV that I had in the pantry. Where do you get the other kind? I just soaked my hands real good with it. I hope it helps.
Health food store, Sonny. Maybe a Walgreens. The ACV you used is fine for now. But get the organic with the Mother in it. The cloudy stuff. ACV may dry out your blisters and cracks, so if you have some VIRGIN olive oil or coconut oil, moisturize lightly. LIGHTLY. Do you have aloe? That would be good too.
I'll go to Walgreen's tomorrow and look for it. I have a ton of stuff to put on my hands. Thanks. I really appreciate everything.
Call them and ask if they have Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Save ya a trip if they don't.
Let us know how it works out for you, ok?
I'll call them in the morning. I read the links you posted. Very interesting reads. A lot of good information. I learn something new every day. Thanks.

I believe I mentioned to you recently that my psoriasis affects my ears. It doesn't hurt at all, actually. What it does is itch.....particularly when I'm trying to go to sleep. It can be extremely annoying.

I tried apple cider vinegar for acid reflux and it didn't help at all, which left me somewhat skeptical of it. I also don't think anyone else in the house would appreciate me smelling like vinegar. :lol:

I have psoriasis on the backs of my fingers and a little bit between fingers. The worst of it is on my knuckles because it sometimes causes splits in my skin.

I use a cocoa butter moisturizer right now, and a coal tar based ointment when things are particularly bad. The coal tar one works pretty well, but is very greasy. It's almost like Vaseline, but a bit more watery. I don't like having it on too much because I know I'm going to get it on things. One of these days I'll buy some disposable gloves to help with that.

Oh, and koshergrl, it wasn't quite middle age, but my psoriasis didn't manifest until I was around 30. My younger brother had it when he was very young, but it took a long time before I showed any symptoms. I don't know if my case is particularly abnormal; when it first shows up isn't something I've looked into.

Have you tried coconut oil? It isn't as messy as cocoa butter.

I have been using (since last night), ACV on cotton balls, applied to my neck and hairline on my forehead, behind my ears, one spot under my left breast scar and under my right boob. After drying (the smell of vinegar does not stay on your skin after it dries), I have been cutting aloe off my plant outside and applying it to the areas mentioned above.
It feels MUCH better. I will take a pic tonight to show 'all of the back of my neck.

I believe I mentioned to you recently that my psoriasis affects my ears. It doesn't hurt at all, actually. What it does is itch.....particularly when I'm trying to go to sleep. It can be extremely annoying.

I tried apple cider vinegar for acid reflux and it didn't help at all, which left me somewhat skeptical of it. I also don't think anyone else in the house would appreciate me smelling like vinegar. :lol:

I have psoriasis on the backs of my fingers and a little bit between fingers. The worst of it is on my knuckles because it sometimes causes splits in my skin.

I use a cocoa butter moisturizer right now, and a coal tar based ointment when things are particularly bad. The coal tar one works pretty well, but is very greasy. It's almost like Vaseline, but a bit more watery. I don't like having it on too much because I know I'm going to get it on things. One of these days I'll buy some disposable gloves to help with that.

Oh, and koshergrl, it wasn't quite middle age, but my psoriasis didn't manifest until I was around 30. My younger brother had it when he was very young, but it took a long time before I showed any symptoms. I don't know if my case is particularly abnormal; when it first shows up isn't something I've looked into.

It generally starts to manifest around puberty but people miss it, and I'm sure there are cases where there just aren't any symptoms until later.

Mine wasn't DIAGNOSED until I was in my 40s, but I've had it forever. It just got worse then.

Well, a scant few days later and this is the back of my neck now vs then. I applied ACV 3 times a day with a cotton ball (yes, it stung at first), then when dried I smeared on a leaf of aloe guts after each ACV application.

2jbl4t3.jpg

29ohp9c.jpg

Yeah, I bought some aloe plants a month ago and put them in large pots. That stuff is great for sunburn and whatever else.

It has to be Aloe vera though.

I'm going to be eating the stuff, and making my own Aloe cocktails. Right now I'm buying Aloe water;
honeydew.jpg

Yeah, I bought some aloe plants a month ago and put them in large pots. That stuff is great for sunburn and whatever else.

It has to be Aloe vera though.

I'm going to be eating the stuff, and making my own Aloe cocktails. Right now I'm buying Aloe water;
honeydew.jpg

I tried aloe juice for reflux once.......ugh, that was pretty disgusting. :p

I have never been interested in eating aloe...it's more of a topical and the antiseptic properties might not be great for the gut. I know I have picked up pure aloe extract with a stabilizer in it at the dollar store...great for burns and various skin irritations and little infections and inflammations. I think yarrow is better for persistent or chronic stuff.

Gracie, my youngest never had eczema until puberty hit. She gets blotchy patches here and there, weird places, usually her left side of body. My son also had it since birth. We discovered that dairy exacerbates it tremendously. The less dairy, the less eczema. It's also, obviously, worse in the winter. We also discovered that dairy was thee cause of my youngest's terrible acne. The hormones in the milk wreck havoc with her skin. Again, the less dairy the less acne.

Cortisone has been pretty good at knocking down the flare ups, my son used something I think called elocon (an rx, not sure if that's the right name) years ago. He gets really bad flare ups in the winter but he also uses too hot water as well.
elecon not sure of the spelling works..................Had off and on spots with eczema for decades.................not as much now. The elecon works very well.........in a bad case you get the steroid packs to go with it..................to knock it out.

Forum List

Back