Skin probs

sonny....read this guys testimonial:

Posted by Dean (Christchurch, New Zealand) on 05/25/2015

[YEA] Been using your site for several years. I have had eczema around my right hand fingers for 4 years and in the last two years has appeared in the arch of my left foot. Very dry skin then when in contact with hot fluids gets very itchy followed by small blisters when scratched. Tried creams from doctor with little success. By chance I saw a remedy to reduce foot odour by rubbing apple cider vinigar on feet before putting on socks. Works great but could not believe that after 2 week of applying once in the morning that my eczema had completely gone...5 weeks on and still ok. I am using double strenght apc 1 capfull half in one hand rub hands together and apply to foot, repeat for other foot. The apc runs between my fingers as well....that is why eczema from hand has gone as well. No doubt this has worked, should work for other eczema sufferers aswell.
I can relate to his condition. It's in between my fingers.

[YEA] Been using your site for several years. I have had eczema around my right hand fingers for 4 years and in the last two years has appeared in the arch of my left foot. Very dry skin then when in contact with hot fluids gets very itchy followed by small blisters when scratched. Tried creams from doctor with little success. By chance I saw a remedy to reduce foot odour by rubbing apple cider vinigar on feet before putting on socks. Works great but could not believe that after 2 week of applying once in the morning that my eczema had completely gone...5 weeks on and still ok. I am using double strenght apc 1 capfull half in one hand rub hands together and apply to foot, repeat for other foot. The apc runs between my fingers as well....that is why eczema from hand has gone as well. No doubt this has worked, should work for other eczema sufferers aswell.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Good luck, Sonny! Let us know how it goes. And remember..it WILL sting, but hell..I used to pour the stuff full strength over my head (with eyes tightly shut, lol) as a hair/scalp conditioner. If i can handle it...you can! :)

I used to have it between my fingers too. And if I looked at my fingernails, I could see little blisters UNDERNEATH the nail..like the nail was a windowpane and I could see underneath it. But that was in my teens.

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. :(

The good part about all this is....I haven't had to take a pain pill in over a month! My RA is on vacation. This damn itchy skin thing took it's place. Bummer.

Good luck, Sonny! Let us know how it goes. And remember..it WILL sting, but hell..I used to pour the stuff full strength over my head (with eyes tightly shut, lol) as a hair/scalp conditioner. If i can handle it...you can! :)
I need to read more about how much you should drink, and if you mix it with anything in order to drink it.

I need to read more about how much you should drink, and if you mix it with anything in order to drink it.
From what I read...it is 1 tablespoon per glass of water. Actually, it tastes really good in hot tea. I've done it that way but was too afraid to continue due to gastro probs and not know if it would make that issue worse. Anyway...1 Tbsn twice a day in a drink or just plain water.
One gal put a teaspoon of it in her babys grape drink. But it has to be ORGANIC with the "mother". The mother is dark cloudy stuff floating at the bottom of the juge. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is usually what I buy. It is not processed so all the goodies are still in it.

G, could the eczema be related to the r/a? My mom suffered r/a but never had skin problems.
I think it is related to something I ate along with the weird weather we are having. It is NEVER humid here. Ever. Never in the 25 years I have lived here. People in town say they have never experienced this either.
If it is affiliated with the RA, then they are taking turns tormenting me cuz the RA has been MIA for over a month now.

For the past 2 years, I have been treating my psoriasis per dermatologists orders. Um. Ok. Turns out it is not psoriasis. It's eczema. Has been all along. I was always wondering WHY pics on google of psoriasis did not look anything like my hive-looking patches on the back of my neck or the hairline of my scalp during flareups. Nope. No matches at all. So...I started to look at eczema after using one of those websites to "diagnose yourself". It said dermatitis...which means skin probs. Like, no shit? But, I went and did a shitload of research on eczema. Then I went to the pharmacy and asked about OTC soaps I should buy or OTC ointments. Pharmacist said "anything Neutregena for gentle cleaning" and "coconut oil" for moisturizing. He also said "apple cider vinegar". So...bought some stuff, came home, and did more research.
Now, I know all about Apple Cider Vinegar. I swear by that stuff. But for some dumb reason, I forgot about it and have been dealing with cortisone creams. They aren't working. Derma Doc wants me to put poison on my scalp. Ain't gonna do it. Nope. The warnings on the bottle are worse than the eczema. I'll pass.

Meanwhile...re did my research and thought I'd share. I absolutely LOVE this website. And the testimonials on ACV is amazing. Why? Cuz it worked for me before. It will again. And in case anyone here has skin probs...or just want alternative methods on treating stuff, I thought I'd share. Again. I know I did this a year or so ago, but time to renew the ol' "give ACV a try" schpeel. :)

Natural Eczema Treatment

Be sure to google Medical Student's Disease at some point. ;)

For the past 2 years, I have been treating my psoriasis per dermatologists orders. Um. Ok. Turns out it is not psoriasis. It's eczema. Has been all along. I was always wondering WHY pics on google of psoriasis did not look anything like my hive-looking patches on the back of my neck or the hairline of my scalp during flareups. Nope. No matches at all. So...I started to look at eczema after using one of those websites to "diagnose yourself". It said dermatitis...which means skin probs. Like, no shit? But, I went and did a shitload of research on eczema. Then I went to the pharmacy and asked about OTC soaps I should buy or OTC ointments. Pharmacist said "anything Neutregena for gentle cleaning" and "coconut oil" for moisturizing. He also said "apple cider vinegar". So...bought some stuff, came home, and did more research.
Now, I know all about Apple Cider Vinegar. I swear by that stuff. But for some dumb reason, I forgot about it and have been dealing with cortisone creams. They aren't working. Derma Doc wants me to put poison on my scalp. Ain't gonna do it. Nope. The warnings on the bottle are worse than the eczema. I'll pass.

Meanwhile...re did my research and thought I'd share. I absolutely LOVE this website. And the testimonials on ACV is amazing. Why? Cuz it worked for me before. It will again. And in case anyone here has skin probs...or just want alternative methods on treating stuff, I thought I'd share. Again. I know I did this a year or so ago, but time to renew the ol' "give ACV a try" schpeel. :)

Natural Eczema Treatment

I am not a medical student and none of this is my imagination. If you have nothing to share that can help people with ideas to try, get the fuck out.

Natural Eczema Treatment

I am not a medical student and none of this is my imagination. If you have nothing to share that can help people with ideas to try, get the fuck out.

So much for sugar and spice and everythign nice. You really expect medical diagnostics here? K...

What age are you? Is this the first time for the blisters? If so, that could be shingles, depending on your age.
http://www.zostavax.com/about-shing...ngles&utm_content=p44pnnOf|dt_pcrid_187400717
Eczema is just a condition..it's not a specific disease. It just means you have skin issues. Psoriasis is an auto-immune disorder where your body actually attacks your own skin. I have psoriasis, and so does my oldest boy, and I think my daughter is going to have it as well.

Psoriasis results in plaque and can also inflame joints. It is painful and exhausting.
See, that is why I was like...huh? when the doc said psoriasis and plaque and whatnot. I get NONE of that. I have dandruff now when I never had it before, and I assumed it is just a side deal of the RA I was diagnosed with. Funny thing though...the RA has been MIA for over a month and now I have hive like red itchy patches on the back of my neck. But it started just a few days ago, so I think the humidity has something to do with that. I have not eaten anything different, not really stressed out, yet I itch something fierce. And something little blisters behind my ear on the earlobe that pop then crust over then flake away to appear again a week or so later. No plaques. No thick piles of dead skin. Oh, and now those little blisters are showing up in the palm of my hand. I showed the Pharmacist my hand (size of a bb in one spot) and the back of my neck (looks like hives) and he said "eczema. I have that on my neck too. Wear cotton".

Sigh. My regular doc told me I know more about my body than he ever will cuz I am always researching stuff.

Anyway..sorry you have psoriasis..and your son too. It sucks. I know it does.

Last edited:
Let's try an experiment. Just now took these two pics of the back of my neck. No ointments, no aloe, no ACV, no nothing. Tonight I will do the ACV on it. If there is improvement, I will take another two pics to see if there is any difference.

wsvb68.jpg

a3h2r6.jpg

Natural Eczema Treatment

So much for sugar and spice and everythign nice. You really expect medical diagnostics here? K...
Get. Out.

From what I read...it is 1 tablespoon per glass of water. Actually, it tastes really good in hot tea. I've done it that way but was too afraid to continue due to gastro probs and not know if it would make that issue worse. Anyway...1 Tbsn twice a day in a drink or just plain water.
One gal put a teaspoon of it in her babys grape drink. But it has to be ORGANIC with the "mother". The mother is dark cloudy stuff floating at the bottom of the juge. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is usually what I buy. It is not processed so all the goodies are still in it.
I just tried regular ACV that I had in the pantry. Where do you get the other kind? I just soaked my hands real good with it. I hope it helps.

I just tried regular ACV that I had in the pantry. Where do you get the other kind? I just soaked my hands real good with it. I hope it helps.
Health food store, Sonny. Maybe a Walgreens. The ACV you used is fine for now. But get the organic with the Mother in it. The cloudy stuff. ACV may dry out your blisters and cracks, so if you have some VIRGIN olive oil or coconut oil, moisturize lightly. LIGHTLY. Do you have aloe? That would be good too.

Health food store, Sonny. Maybe a Walgreens. The ACV you used is fine for now. But get the organic with the Mother in it. The cloudy stuff. ACV may dry out your blisters and cracks, so if you have some VIRGIN olive oil or coconut oil, moisturize lightly. LIGHTLY. Do you have aloe? That would be good too.
I'll go to Walgreen's tomorrow and look for it. I have a ton of stuff to put on my hands. Thanks. I really appreciate everything.

Forum List

Back