Skin probs

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
For the past 2 years, I have been treating my psoriasis per dermatologists orders. Um. Ok. Turns out it is not psoriasis. It's eczema. Has been all along. I was always wondering WHY pics on google of psoriasis did not look anything like my hive-looking patches on the back of my neck or the hairline of my scalp during flareups. Nope. No matches at all. So...I started to look at eczema after using one of those websites to "diagnose yourself". It said dermatitis...which means skin probs. Like, no shit? But, I went and did a shitload of research on eczema. Then I went to the pharmacy and asked about OTC soaps I should buy or OTC ointments. Pharmacist said "anything Neutregena for gentle cleaning" and "coconut oil" for moisturizing. He also said "apple cider vinegar". So...bought some stuff, came home, and did more research.
Now, I know all about Apple Cider Vinegar. I swear by that stuff. But for some dumb reason, I forgot about it and have been dealing with cortisone creams. They aren't working. Derma Doc wants me to put poison on my scalp. Ain't gonna do it. Nope. The warnings on the bottle are worse than the eczema. I'll pass.

Meanwhile...re did my research and thought I'd share. I absolutely LOVE this website. And the testimonials on ACV is amazing. Why? Cuz it worked for me before. It will again. And in case anyone here has skin probs...or just want alternative methods on treating stuff, I thought I'd share. Again. I know I did this a year or so ago, but time to renew the ol' "give ACV a try" schpeel. :)

Natural Eczema Treatment

Eczema is just a condition..it's not a specific disease. It just means you have skin issues. Psoriasis is an auto-immune disorder where your body actually attacks your own skin. I have psoriasis, and so does my oldest boy, and I think my daughter is going to have it as well.

Psoriasis results in plaque and can also inflame joints. It is painful and exhausting.

Eczema is just a condition..it's not a specific disease. It just means you have skin issues. Psoriasis is an auto-immune disorder where your body actually attacks your own skin. I have psoriasis, and so does my oldest boy, and I think my daughter is going to have it as well.

Psoriasis results in plaque and can also inflame joints. It is painful and exhausting.
See, that is why I was like...huh? when the doc said psoriasis and plaque and whatnot. I get NONE of that. I have dandruff now when I never had it before, and I assumed it is just a side deal of the RA I was diagnosed with. Funny thing though...the RA has been MIA for over a month and now I have hive like red itchy patches on the back of my neck. But it started just a few days ago, so I think the humidity has something to do with that. I have not eaten anything different, not really stressed out, yet I itch something fierce. And something little blisters behind my ear on the earlobe that pop then crust over then flake away to appear again a week or so later. No plaques. No thick piles of dead skin. Oh, and now those little blisters are showing up in the palm of my hand. I showed the Pharmacist my hand (size of a bb in one spot) and the back of my neck (looks like hives) and he said "eczema. I have that on my neck too. Wear cotton".

Sigh. My regular doc told me I know more about my body than he ever will cuz I am always researching stuff.

Anyway..sorry you have psoriasis..and your son too. It sucks. I know it does.

See, that is why I was like...huh? when the doc said psoriasis and plaque and whatnot. I get NONE of that. I have dandruff now when I never had it before, and I assumed it is just a side deal of the RA I was diagnosed with. Funny thing though...the RA has been MIA for over a month and now I have hive like red itchy patches on the back of my neck. But it started just a few days ago, so I think the humidity has something to do with that. I have not eaten anything different, not really stressed out, yet I itch something fierce. And something little blisters behind my ear on the earlobe that pop then crust over then flake away to appear again a week or so later. No plaques. No thick piles of dead skin. Oh, and now those little blisters are showing up in the palm of my hand. I showed the Pharmacist my hand (size of a bb in one spot) and the back of my neck (looks like hives) and he said "eczema. I have that on my neck too. Wear cotton".

Sigh. My regular doc told me I know more about my body than he ever will cuz I am always researching stuff.

Anyway..sorry you have psoriasis..and your son too. It sucks. I know it does.
That sounds like psoriasis to me, just not a super duper horrible case of it. But psoriasis doesn't usually just *start* in middle age..people who have it have symptoms when they're young and it gets progressively worse as they age.

I'm gonna start putting a tablespoon of ACV in my tea each morning and in a water bottle each night and drink it. Hell...it would be great tossed in a salad but I am not eating salads until after the 23rd, which is when I meet up with the gastro doc and he lets me know what he found when he excavated me last week.

It sounds like it, but doesn't look anything like it. I looked at pics for hours last night and this morning.."mild psoriasis" vs "mild eczema"...."psoriasis vs eczema"....etc etc etc. All the descriptions from Mayo Clinic, WebMD, etc...ALL point to eczema. But the point is..both suck big hairy ones and I think the treatment is pretty much the same.

I use vinegar a lot. We use it to rinse our hair in the shower and it does help overall...

I go through a lot of different topicals though. They work a little for a bit, then they don't and I have to move on to something else. Right now I use a lot of vicks mentholatum and bag balm, of all things, on my hands, which does help. I also have prescribed stuff, and steroids that I use. But they only work for a while, then they have to find something new for me.

For the past 2 years, I have been treating my psoriasis per dermatologists orders. Um. Ok. Turns out it is not psoriasis. It's eczema. Has been all along. I was always wondering WHY pics on google of psoriasis did not look anything like my hive-looking patches on the back of my neck or the hairline of my scalp during flareups. Nope. No matches at all. So...I started to look at eczema after using one of those websites to "diagnose yourself". It said dermatitis...which means skin probs. Like, no shit? But, I went and did a shitload of research on eczema. Then I went to the pharmacy and asked about OTC soaps I should buy or OTC ointments. Pharmacist said "anything Neutregena for gentle cleaning" and "coconut oil" for moisturizing. He also said "apple cider vinegar". So...bought some stuff, came home, and did more research.
Now, I know all about Apple Cider Vinegar. I swear by that stuff. But for some dumb reason, I forgot about it and have been dealing with cortisone creams. They aren't working. Derma Doc wants me to put poison on my scalp. Ain't gonna do it. Nope. The warnings on the bottle are worse than the eczema. I'll pass.

Meanwhile...re did my research and thought I'd share. I absolutely LOVE this website. And the testimonials on ACV is amazing. Why? Cuz it worked for me before. It will again. And in case anyone here has skin probs...or just want alternative methods on treating stuff, I thought I'd share. Again. I know I did this a year or so ago, but time to renew the ol' "give ACV a try" schpeel. :)

Natural Eczema Treatment
I'll give it a try. Did the vinegar work? I've tried dozens of treatments, none work. Some were very expensive. The only thing that I haven't tried is vinegar.

Bagbalm rocks! I use it on my feet and hands. I use cocoa butter on my forehead where the skin is really dry, and on my eyelids where the eyelashes are cuz it gets dry there too sometimes. I have RX for flareups that are bad and it knocks it right out..for a few days only. So like you, I have been bouncing around with different methods. Only thing different this time is...it appeared on my neck just before that big ass storm hit and brought all that humidity. When I sweat, the back of my neck burns like crazy. So, I wet my head a lot in the shower...and my neck as well.

Aloe is also helpful, and so is yarrow just as a topical. Actually, yarrow is amazing.
I have aloe in my yard. I was looking at it earlier thinking..hmm...maybe time for that. I put some on my leg when I got a rash there thinking a mosquito had a field day but it was Shingles. Did pretty well, too, but doc had a cow and said no..use this RX stuff. Which I did.

Natural Eczema Treatment
I'll give it a try. Did the vinegar work? I've tried dozens of treatments, none work. Some were very expensive. The only thing that I haven't tried is vinegar.
Yes, it works. And its great after washing your hair. You will smell like salad dressng but once it dries, the hair is so soft and CLEAN. ACV will sting, but not long. And its bearable. Just get the organic ACV with the "mother" in it. Click my link and read up, Sonny. You will be happy you did.

btw....add a tablespoon to your pets water. Bathe them with diluted ACV. Fleas HATE it. You can even put a couple of drops in the birdbath water...it's good for the birds.

Gracie, my youngest never had eczema until puberty hit. She gets blotchy patches here and there, weird places, usually her left side of body. My son also had it since birth. We discovered that dairy exacerbates it tremendously. The less dairy, the less eczema. It's also, obviously, worse in the winter. We also discovered that dairy was thee cause of my youngest's terrible acne. The hormones in the milk wreck havoc with her skin. Again, the less dairy the less acne.

Cortisone has been pretty good at knocking down the flare ups, my son used something I think called elocon (an rx, not sure if that's the right name) years ago. He gets really bad flare ups in the winter but he also uses too hot water as well.

Natural Eczema Treatment
Yes, it works. And its great after washing your hair. You will smell like salad dressng but once it dries, the hair is so soft and CLEAN. ACV will sting, but not long. And its bearable. Just get the organic ACV with the "mother" in it. Click my link and read up, Sonny. You will be happy you did.

We rinse the one dog w/vinegar when they get baths and she doesn't smell 'doggy' for a lonnng time!

Natural Eczema Treatment

btw....add a tablespoon to your pets water. Bathe them with diluted ACV. Fleas HATE it. You can even put a couple of drops in the birdbath water...it's good for the birds.
I have it on my hands. Do you think the vinegar will work on my hands? I just read the information on the site you directed me to, thanks. I'm willing to try almost anything.

I have a couple of blotches on the back of my neck, Zoom. One ear lobe (left side), forehead where hair starts (left side), small speck in the fold of my elbow arm (left side) and a small itchy spot under my boob (right side since there is not left boob), right side of my scalp above my ear in the hairline. They have all been manageable, until the back of the neck flareup from 2 days ago, and the forehead where I am getting a receding hairline from my hair falling out due to me scratching in my sleep. I wore gloves last night to keep from doing that.
The small speck on the inside of my arm is almost gone. I used coconut oil on that. Tonight for my neck, I am going to do the ACV, then apply coconut oil on for moisturizing it. I'll find out tomorrow which method is working best. Like KG, gotta flip around using different stuff.

Natural Eczema Treatment

I have it on my hands. Do you think the vinegar will work on my hands? I just read the information on the site you directed me to, thanks. I'm willing to try almost anything.
I read where someone said they had it on their hands and feet too....and it worked wonders. Keep reading that link. There are 4 pages of testimonials...many with it on their hands and what ACV did for them.

sonny....read this guys testimonial:

Posted by Dean (Christchurch, New Zealand) on 05/25/2015

[YEA] Been using your site for several years. I have had eczema around my right hand fingers for 4 years and in the last two years has appeared in the arch of my left foot. Very dry skin then when in contact with hot fluids gets very itchy followed by small blisters when scratched. Tried creams from doctor with little success. By chance I saw a remedy to reduce foot odour by rubbing apple cider vinigar on feet before putting on socks. Works great but could not believe that after 2 week of applying once in the morning that my eczema had completely gone...5 weeks on and still ok. I am using double strenght apc 1 capfull half in one hand rub hands together and apply to foot, repeat for other foot. The apc runs between my fingers as well....that is why eczema from hand has gone as well. No doubt this has worked, should work for other eczema sufferers aswell.

sonny....read this guys testimonial:

Posted by Dean (Christchurch, New Zealand) on 05/25/2015

[YEA] Been using your site for several years. I have had eczema around my right hand fingers for 4 years and in the last two years has appeared in the arch of my left foot. Very dry skin then when in contact with hot fluids gets very itchy followed by small blisters when scratched. Tried creams from doctor with little success. By chance I saw a remedy to reduce foot odour by rubbing apple cider vinigar on feet before putting on socks. Works great but could not believe that after 2 week of applying once in the morning that my eczema had completely gone...5 weeks on and still ok. I am using double strenght apc 1 capfull half in one hand rub hands together and apply to foot, repeat for other foot. The apc runs between my fingers as well....that is why eczema from hand has gone as well. No doubt this has worked, should work for other eczema sufferers aswell.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Forum List

Back