SJW's next tactic in their battle against Freedom

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The New York Times columnist Andrew Ross Sorkin wrote on Monday that he had spent several days speaking with "a handful of chief executives" to discuss how banks and credit-card companies could intervene in gun sales. Sorkin said he found universal enthusiasm, though none of the executives would speak on the record.

Sorkin drew upon Visa's espousal of "corporate responsibility" to argue that financial companies should change their terms of service to cut business ties with retailers that sell assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and bump-stock devices designed to accelerate the firing rate of semiautomatic rifles. Banks are mulling a creative way to enforce gun control even if the US government doesn't make a single change
Again the trope that all gun stores sell assault weapons. Moving past that I think something like this fails bigly and could do permanent harm to credit card co's who engage.

Move all firearms sales to the cartels!

Banks and credit card companies can do more. Stop processing credit cards from restaurants that sell meat. No more steakhouse charges. We can be forced into the leftist utopia.

Doesn't Bank of China offer credit cards?

Fella's, get used to it. This is what happens when Congress fails to govern properly. Guns have grown completely out of control from when I was an NRA member in high school and a year round hunter/shooter. Nature abhors a vacuum and that's exactly what we have in Washington on many levels. The tide is turning.

Fella's, get used to it. This is what happens when Congress fails to govern properly. Guns have grown completely out of control from when I was an NRA member in high school and a year round hunter/shooter. Nature abhors a vacuum and that's exactly what we have in Washington on many levels. The tide is turning.
do tell

I couldn't agree more. The lack of inaction by moderates is pushing this argument to the extremes. The argument (on both sides) becomes increasingly emotional and less rational. I keep telling my "gun crazy" friends they better start supporting some moderate rational changes before the political wind blows increasingly in favor to the anti-gun crowd (as they put traumatized teens on TV) and they have all the political capital to enact irrational rules and laws (and apparently corporate deals) that strip gun rights and ignore the Constitution or any semblance of process with the justification that the ends justify the means.

Personally, I'm more worried about the fact that we are entering into a time when populism is taking over, established norms and processes are ignored.

I've always said, if something good can be accomplished ignoring the rules that have been created, then something can (perhaps more easily) be done on the same justification ignoring the same rules and processes.

I couldn't agree more. The lack of inaction by moderates is pushing this argument to the extremes. The argument (on both sides) becomes increasingly emotional and less rational. I keep telling my "gun crazy" friends they better start supporting some moderate rational changes before the political wind blows increasingly in favor to the anti-gun crowd (as they put traumatized teens on TV) and they have all the political capital to enact irrational rules and laws (and apparently corporate deals) that strip gun rights and ignore the Constitution or any semblance of process with the justification that the ends justify the means.

Personally, I'm more worried about the fact that we are entering into a time when populism is taking over, established norms and processes are ignored.

I've always said, if something good can be accomplished ignoring the rules that have been created, then something can (perhaps more easily) be done on the same justification ignoring the same rules and processes.
Can you name a lib moderate....class....anyone.....

Can you name a lib moderate....class....anyone.....

Me

Weird,

What freedom are you talking about? You're against most freedoms from being able to smoke a leaf, marry who you wish or be who you wish.

You fucking right wing idiots have turned this nation into a police state. Please don't lecture me on freedom as you are destroying it.

Forum List

Back