Sioux leader to Trump "and take your Swamp Things with you"....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Seems not everyone is thinking Trump's "Pocahontas" comment was funny or in good taste. There is a Sioux leader who is speaking out about Trump's comments when he had the Navajo over to the awards ceremony.

17.11.29 Sioux Leader To Trump: 'Leave The Office You Bought And Take Your Swamp Things With You'

Harold Frazier, chairman of the South Dakota-based tribe, said he was “deeply ashamed” of Trump’s “disgusting” treatment of the World War II veterans and appeared to suggest that the president should resign.

“The President of the United States had an opportunity to honor veterans and bridge gaps in the relationship Tribes have with the Federal government,” Frazier said in a statement sent to HuffPost. “Instead, he chose to disgrace himself, his position and the nation he represents.”

Frazier continued, “The President of the United States wanted to utilize an opportunity to honor native warriors who defended this land to make a political attack. I have one for him, leave the office you bought and take your swamp things with you.”

Swamp thing is awesome ...

Knightmage-Swamp-Thing-4.jpg

And you guys were saying just the other day how much the Native Americans loved Trump and didn't mind his insensitive comments.

Guess you were wrong.

Are you putting all Indians in the same teepee?

Actually, no. I am simply responding to others who said that no Native Americans would have troubles with Trump's comments, because they were more pissed at Elizabeth Warren.

If they are FOX viewers, that might be true, but not all Native Americans think Trump's comment was okay.

And.................to tell you the truth, there are a lot of others out there who are pissed that Trump authorized Keystone XL, and now it's leaking.

Actually, no. I am simply responding to others who said that no Native Americans would have troubles with Trump's comments, because they were more pissed at Elizabeth Warren.

If they are FOX viewers, that might be true, but not all Native Americans think Trump's comment was okay.

And.................to tell you the truth, there are a lot of others out there who are pissed that Trump authorized Keystone XL, and now it's leaking.

Keystone XL isn't leaking. The Keystone pipeline did.

Someone has been into the firewater.

Democrats said they would attack everything Trump did no matter how small. They are making good on their word.

Tough shit.

They're scraelings, they got conquered. Suck it up.

Same thing for those confederate flag wavers right? You got beat in a war so your entire culture needs to be marginalized and oppressed now right?

Or does it not apply to people the left hates? Tear down some statues, build monuments to others?

My peoples lived in wigwams not teepees...... :eusa_whistle:

Interestingly enough Ringel, did you know that it was the woman who was responsible for setting up, taking down, and transporting the teepee? And, because she was the one who did all the work with setting up and upkeep, if a couple ever split, the woman was the one who kept the teepee and it was the male who had to go find someplace to live.

Learned that at a rest stop outside of Walsenberg CO.

Seems not everyone is thinking Trump's "Pocahontas" comment was funny or in good taste. There is a Sioux leader who is speaking out about Trump's comments when he had the Navajo over to the awards ceremony.

17.11.29 Sioux Leader To Trump: 'Leave The Office You Bought And Take Your Swamp Things With You'

Harold Frazier, chairman of the South Dakota-based tribe, said he was “deeply ashamed” of Trump’s “disgusting” treatment of the World War II veterans and appeared to suggest that the president should resign.

“The President of the United States had an opportunity to honor veterans and bridge gaps in the relationship Tribes have with the Federal government,” Frazier said in a statement sent to HuffPost. “Instead, he chose to disgrace himself, his position and the nation he represents.”

Frazier continued, “The President of the United States wanted to utilize an opportunity to honor native warriors who defended this land to make a political attack. I have one for him, leave the office you bought and take your swamp things with you.”
Pocahontas is a name not a slur and it's not even a Sioux name and the Sioux already oppose Frump because of his support for the Dakota Pipeline which they vehemently oppose so it's not surprising they would find something to attack him over. Their response is to be expected from a purely political standpoint.

My peoples lived in wigwams not teepees...... :eusa_whistle:

Interestingly enough Ringel, did you know that it was the woman who was responsible for setting up, taking down, and transporting the teepee? And, because she was the one who did all the work with setting up and upkeep, if a couple ever split, the woman was the one who kept the teepee and it was the male who had to go find someplace to live.

Learned that at a rest stop outside of Walsenberg CO.
I thought that was common knowledge. :dunno:

Pocahontas is a name not a slur and it's not even a Sioux name and the Sioux already oppose Frump because of his support for the Dakota Pipeline which they vehemently oppose so it's not surprising they would find something to attack him over. Their response is to be expected from a purely political standpoint.

Depends on how you use the name Ringle.

Gomer is a name, and I have actually known a person named Gomer. However, if your name is not Gomer, and you've done something stupid and I call you Gomer, then it is no longer a "name" and now it's an insult.

Same thing for when people say "way to go Einstein" when someone does something stupid. They aren't insulting Einstein, and they aren't using his name properly. They are using the name as an insult.

See the difference? Calling Warren "Pocahontas" isn't calling her by her name, it is using that name as an insult against Warren.

Gomer is a name, and I have actually known a person named Gomer. However, if your name is not Gomer, and you've done something stupid and I call you Gomer, then it is no longer a "name" and now it's an insult.

Same thing for when people say "way to go Einstein" when someone does something stupid. They aren't insulting Einstein, and they aren't using his name properly. They are using the name as an insult.

See the difference? Calling Warren "Pocahontas" isn't calling her by her name, it is using that name as an insult against Warren.
It's used as an insult because of her claim (so far unsubstantiated) that she's part Injun, less than 1% and directed only at her. Hell I'm about 1/3rd Ojibwa and that's stretching my Injun status according to some but legally I'm considered Native American even though I don't use that status for anything legal or otherwise.
There are even Dems in the halls of congress which used (as an aside) that nom de guerre in reference to Warren as an inauthentic phony. What's happening now is pure politics, nothing more, nothing less.

Besides, Frump is a New Yorker, every single New Yorker I've ever known is highly opinionated about everything and has trouble keeping their mouth's shut and I've known quite a few New Yorkers. Frump will continue to stuff his foot in his mouth because he can't help himself, New Yorkers are experts on everything....... Just ask them....... :lol:

Funny thing is, the part of the pipeline which sprang the leak, was constructed and flowing oil, long "before" Trump ever took office. .... :cool:
And that makes a difference? The danger to the Stand Rock people is that if it springs a leak by the reservoir their drinking water is polluted, as well as the water used agriculture.

Forum List

Back