Since we need jobs why not?

We already have a damn train that is subsidized by the taxpayers

Statists want to throw more taxpayer money down a vortex to pretend they're doing something...and then blame others when it doesn't work as usual.

no kidding,
where is all them jobs that Obama said his 800 BILLION stimulus would CREATE..? down the damn toilet already..
They think just SPENDING the taxpayers money by the Federal Government is the cure all for everything, screw REAL jobs

Last edited:
To sum up the demented mind of a liberal.....

We must gut the US military to build high speed trains across the USA that will employ unions building the railroad system and most likely companies like GE that are big donators to the Obamination so they can get the lucrative contracts building the "green" trains and facilities.

Meanwhile we don't need to worry about Iran because they are friendly but have reasons to hate us because of the Shah. Russia and China are also friendly but they have good reasons to hate the USA too despite being saved by the USA in World War II.

Fighting terrorists is also a waste of money since they are like cockroaches and only kill one will make more of them, so just ignore them too and concentrate on building green stuff here in the USA with that defense money. Nobody will ever, ever, ever blow up the high speed trains.....

That about sums it up.

Who ever said friendly? Just not a direct threat to the USA. Caue god knows you have failed to make that case over and over again.

Are you really that slow?

We already have a damn train that is subsidized by the taxpayers

Statists want to throw more taxpayer money down a vortex to pretend they're doing something...and then blame others when it doesn't work as usual.

no kidding,
where is all them jobs that Obama said his 800 BILLION stimulus would CREATE..? down the damn toilet already..
They think just SPENDING the taxpayers money by the Federal Government is the cure all for everything, screw REAL jobs

Indeed...obama's porkulus 1 &2 was FAILURE. here we are with mass unemployment...48% more folks on foodstamps...people OUT of the workforce...

And ALL of it GOVERNMENT CAUSED with thier tinkering on the free market.

no kidding,

Indeed...obama's porkulus 1 &2 was FAILURE. here we are with mass unemployment...48% more folks on foodstamps...people OUT of the workforce...

And then we have the idiot in chief STILL going around saying this

SNIP:

Obama calls for rebuilding of US economy
AFP – 8 hrs ago...
Obama calls for rebuilding of US economy - Yahoo! News

And some people are still BUYING it.

no kidding,

And then we have the idiot in chief STILL going around saying this

SNIP:

Obama calls for rebuilding of US economy
AFP – 8 hrs ago...
Obama calls for rebuilding of US economy - Yahoo! News

And some people are still BUYING it.

the very #1 question on ANY Liberty-minded citizen should be..."Where the HELL have you been the past 3 1/2 years Mr. President?

It's just more demegogury by Obama targeted at the shallow-minded.

If High speed Rail is such a Efficient Viable Proposition, We would have Private Companies lining up for chance to do it. Why does everything always have to be with Public Funds? I mean I can Understand in Certain Corridors having High Speed Rail, But I am not about to sit by and Watch another Government Subsidized Industry set up.

Has anyone checked out Am Track lately? To Go from New Orleans to LA, Cost a Total of 857 Dollars, Almost 3 Times the average Air Fair for the Same Trip. While Both Air Lines and Am Track receive some Government subsidies. Airlines get about 1 Cent per Passenger Mile, while Amtrak Gets about 32 Cents per Passenger mile.

So that 857 Dollar 1 Way Ticket only costs the Rider 450, the rest is paid for by you guessed it, the Tax Payer. I don't expect any Government run high Speed Rail system to be any less inefficient and costly.

As Opposed to Am Track you have Freight Rail, which is not Ran by the Government, and was in fact deregulated about 25 Years ago. The Result. While Am Track continues to Lose money, and Cost way to much, Freight by rail continues to Grow, and become more and more affordable.

The Difference between having the Government run something, and letting private business do it.

Odds, are a Private company maybe with some Tax Incentives to do it, could set up a High Speed Rail Corridor that would cost less to Ride, and actually Turn a Profit, than any Government could.

If High speed Rail is such a Efficient Viable Proposition, We would have Private Companies lining up for chance to do it. Why does everything always have to be with Public Funds? I mean I can Understand in Certain Corridors having High Speed Rail, But I am not about to sit by and Watch another Government Subsidized Industry set up.

Has anyone checked out Am Track lately? To Go from New Orleans to LA, Cost a Total of 857 Dollars, Almost 3 Times the average Air Fair for the Same Trip. While Both Air Lines and Am Track receive some Government subsidies. Airlines get about 1 Cent per Passenger Mile, while Amtrak Gets about 32 Cents per Passenger mile.

So that 857 Dollar 1 Way Ticket only costs the Rider 450, the rest is paid for by you guessed it, the Tax Payer. I don't expect any Government run high Speed Rail system to be any less inefficient and costly.

As Opposed to Am Track you have Freight Rail, which is not Ran by the Government, and was in fact deregulated about 25 Years ago. The Result. While Am Track continues to Lose money, and Cost way to much, Freight by rail continues to Grow, and become more and more affordable.

The Difference between having the Government run something, and letting private business do it.

Odds, are a Private company maybe with some Tax Incentives to do it, could set up a High Speed Rail Corridor that would cost less to Ride, and actually Turn a Profit, than any Government could.

Thread ender...

Thread ender...

Perhaps for high speed rail but there are other things that should be done a la infrastructure.

How is improving the nation's infrastructure liberal bs?

Sounds like a smarter use of money than many other things.

How many people are going to use a coast to coast bullet train?

Compare that to how many of us will be paying for it.

The cost benefit analysis doesn't favor the project

Have you ever been out of the United States?

I suggest you go to Europe (or Japan).

Been there and to three other continents as well as several Island nations. Lots more people in a much smaller place makes rapid transit work. Every government owned and operated transit system that I know of in the US would cease to operate without massive government subsidies.

Thread ender...

Perhaps for high speed rail but there are other things that should be done a la infrastructure.

And a lesson that taxes should be used for thier intended purpose rather than being diverted to fund something else.

Politicians should be keenly aware...that WE are tired of thier power plays at OUR expense. Enough! :mad:

Thread ender...

Gasoline taxes:eusa_shhh:

gasoline taxes are for upgrading the power grid? Kewl.

Time to go back and hit the books, son.

Revenues from fuel taxes are deposited into the Highway Trust Fund, which in turn is distributed to several accounts. Percentages to those accounts vary by fuel type, but the majority (approximately 83 to 87 percent) is deposited into the Highway Trust Fund account. This is used on road construction and maintenance.
Seven things you should know about gas taxes in 2010 | Pothole.info

That would include bridges, also. But, that fund has been raided so many times

gasoline taxes are for upgrading the power grid? Kewl.

Time to go back and hit the books, son.

Revenues from fuel taxes are deposited into the Highway Trust Fund, which in turn is distributed to several accounts. Percentages to those accounts vary by fuel type, but the majority (approximately 83 to 87 percent) is deposited into the Highway Trust Fund account. This is used on road construction and maintenance.
Seven things you should know about gas taxes in 2010 | Pothole.info

That would include bridges, also. But, that fund has been raided so many times

Sadly that seems to be one thing that both parties are good at . . . raiding funds that are already set aside for a purpose.:eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back