Since we need jobs why not?

Where did I say let the roads decay?

I said building a ridiculously expensive high speed rail that will undoubtedly cost at least twice as much as proposed is not a prudent use of taxpayer dollars .

Yes you keep carping about the high speed rail. However, that is not the only infrastructure project that is being discussed in the thread.

We get it you hate high speed rail.

So how about grid improvements (though I see less chance of return on that investment than rail) or highway and bridge improvement (oh wait you seem to think all bridges lead to nowhere).

I don't "hate" anyhting.

The fact that you can't separate you emotions from your decisions on how to spend other people's money is your problem not mine.

Grid improvements should be done by the utility companies. If there's a return to be had then it will be had. The minute you throw the federal government in the mix all hopes of fiscal responsibility flies out the window.

And gives the Federals an excuse to run the show for political purposes like everything else they get thier meathooks on.

Provinces? A slip of the brain, Canuck?

China, Russia, North Korea, Iran and the terrorists support you wasting taxpayer money on green energy scams lining the pockets of liberals while you gut the national defense capabilities of the US which in turn harms the national defense of Europe and Asia.

Harm National defense? I think you mean harm the empire's defense.

We could cut the DoD by a third and the nation would be just as secure. Some of the provinces might suffer but we never should have started meddling in lots of those places to begin with.

Hardly. Follow the line of thinking all the way to the end.

Our overseas bases and all the support we pour into other nations are what I am calling provinces. Let Europe and Asia figure it out for themselves.

North Korea is ready to implode shaking in your boots about another paper tiger like Sadam?

What is China gonna do but foreclose on us for the money we owe them. RUssia? Seriously? Is it 1946 again? Oh no the Communist menace (extreme sarc).

How much are we giving to Egypt? How much in aid to Africa, Haiti, or the UN's many global projects. The money speng on Iraq and Afghanistant is miniscule, nothing, trivia, compared to what we're shelling out for nothing but to help terrorists get more countries under their control.

How much are we giving to Egypt? How much in aid to Africa, Haiti, or the UN's many global projects. The money speng on Iraq and Afghanistant is miniscule, nothing, trivia, compared to what we're shelling out for nothing but to help terrorists get more countries under their control.

There are many who say that we give Egypt lots of money to keep Israel safe (or safeish might be closer to reality).

How is several trillion nothing.

$4.4 trillion by some estimates.

If it is trivial then why is the right whining about a couple trillion for health care here at home?

So we should just leave Europe and Asia? You want to go back to the 1930s....that worked out well in the 1940s.

Russia and China are harmless in your simpleton mind. Ask Georgia about Russia, ask Taiwan about China.

I'm guessing you also think Iran is a joke.

Provinces? A slip of the brain, Canuck?

China, Russia, North Korea, Iran and the terrorists support you wasting taxpayer money on green energy scams lining the pockets of liberals while you gut the national defense capabilities of the US which in turn harms the national defense of Europe and Asia.

Harm National defense? I think you mean harm the empire's defense.

We could cut the DoD by a third and the nation would be just as secure. Some of the provinces might suffer but we never should have started meddling in lots of those places to begin with.

Hardly. Follow the line of thinking all the way to the end.

Our overseas bases and all the support we pour into other nations are what I am calling provinces. Let Europe and Asia figure it out for themselves.

North Korea is ready to implode shaking in your boots about another paper tiger like Sadam?

What is China gonna do but foreclose on us for the money we owe them. RUssia? Seriously? Is it 1946 again? Oh no the Communist menace (extreme sarc).

Are we really back to "investing" in a bullet train? TO WHERE? Can you get a map out and even plot a course for this train in any meaningful area in America and not run through 70,000 someone’s backyard?

Oh I get it, the idea sure is nice to have a train mindlessly running from pointless location A to pointless location B, but what’s the cost? 3 Trillion over 10-15 years to build? Last time we had this mindless discussion someone wanted a Bullet train from LA to fucking SF...

WHY: For jobs or to visit family?

FOR WHO? Rich people that can afford the 200+ $ tickets and have 4 extra hours a day to sit on a train outside of work?

HOW MUCH: What’s the cost of this train and when will it break even on costs, year 3426?

Why does no one ever look at costs when they say they want massive spending on projects? You have to pay this money back, at this rate an 80% unavoidable tax one EVERYONE won't pay down the deficit in our lifetime... So by all means, demand more spending.

National Defense is in the US Constitution.....but not free healthcare, asshole.

We've been giving Egypt billions to keep them friendly to us and Israel, but your messiah fucked that up in one term by helping the radicals remove our friend from power. Now you have an islamic terrorist group that has ties to Al Qaeda's #1 man going back to the 1970s.

Idiots like you fuck things up so that the US military has to fight wars to fix things back to normal.

There are many who say that we give Egypt lots of money to keep Israel safe (or safeish might be closer to reality).

If it is trivial then why is the right whining about a couple trillion for health care here at home?

So we should just leave Europe and Asia? You want to go back to the 1930s....that worked out well in the 1940s.

Russia and China are harmless in your simpleton mind. Ask Georgia about Russia, ask Taiwan about China.

In their quest for more free gubmint stuff, Libtards are willfully ignorant as to why America defends the free world.

National Defense is in the US Constitution.....but not free healthcare, asshole.

We've been giving Egypt billions to keep them friendly to us and Israel, but your messiah fucked that up in one term by helping the radicals remove our friend from power. Now you have an islamic terrorist group that has ties to Al Qaeda's #1 man going back to the 1970s.

Idiots like you fuck things up so that the US military has to fight wars to fix things back to normal.

What the US does today is not even close to constitutional. Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam... None of that is constitutional.

Liberals and Paulbots that want to gut the US military ignore the money saved by not having to fight wars vs China, Russia, etc because we scare them to keep them in check.

Also, the free trade and human rights to protect worldwide by having our bases worldwide to scare certain countries from doing bad things.

Saddam didn't fear us before he invaded Kuwait, now look at the costs of removing him from Kuwait and from power over not using our military to scare him from invading Kuwait years ago.

Fighting wars is more costly to the US military than detering your enemy from doing what they want to do. Make it costly in money and life for the enemy to do something counter to mankind.

In their quest for more free gubmint stuff, Libtards are willfully ignorant as to why America defends the free world.

We have the money, we just do not have republicans in government that give a shit about anything other than making the president look bad.

A 16 Trillion Dollar national debt and Trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see and along comes a babbling idiot saying "We have the money."

Whaaa!

Crying like a little bitch as I expected.

Our friend was a brutal oppressive thug. Oh but that is fine cause he was our thug?

You've got your freedom so fuck everyone else? Your ideology is just charming.

Iran is a problem because we backed the Shah, another thug. Iran? Why the hell should I give a damn about Iran? What possible harm can they do right now that Pakistahn couldn't do first?

Who's normal is the army fighting to get things back to? Yours?

Did I say Harmless? No I'm saying it's not 1946.

Why this irrational fear of Russia? Are you a duck and cover kid? Afraid the godless commies are gonna come and get you?

As for China yeah we'd better watch them but what are our few thousand troops in THAT part of the world gonna do to stop the Chinese if they decide they want to tango? Not a fucking thing.

And Why has NK got you shaking? Cause someday they might be able to launch a missle?

uh, wrong.

Killing terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan is defending the USA. Also, removing Saddam from power when he threatened the oil we need and our allies in the region helps our national defense.

I'm not going to argue the Vietnam craphole.

Libya could be justified for killing a terrorist dictator that only killed "Americans" for years. I guess that doesn't fall under national defense in your world.

I don't like the way Obamination carried out Libya, but it does fall under national defense policy.

People like you must live a hole to believe the national defense of the US doesn't extend to every corner of this planet given the economic and human impact of any military action.

It is a national defense issue if Iran gets nukes and threatens to shut off the oil from the middle east.:eusa_whistle:

What the US does today is not even close to constitutional. Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam... None of that is constitutional.

The rant of an uneducated madman.

Iran is so friendly and innocent....because we supported some guy before you were born, insane. Strange the Arab muslims don't think Iran is so friendly.

Russia, yeah they're a bunch of nice guys....just ask Eastern Europeans ruled by them during the USSR reign of terror. But of course, they just quit being that way after the communist experiment failed. Russia supporting Saddam and today Iran and Syria just shows they're a model citizen of the world in your fucked up head.

China, strange that all their neighbors fear them over fishing and oil rights in the region. China using their navy to push smaller countries out of international waters, in addition to attacking the US Navy a couple times going back to 2000. Why is Vietnam asking for our help today? Come on asswipe.

Next, you'll claim Al Qaeda is just a friendly group guys that are misunderstood over cultural differences. It is Buuuuuuuuuuush's fault they hate us.

Whaaa!

Crying like a little bitch as I expected.

Our friend was a brutal oppressive thug. Oh but that is fine cause he was our thug?

You've got your freedom so fuck everyone else? Your ideology is just charming.

Iran is a problem because we backed the Shah, another thug. Iran? Why the hell should I give a damn about Iran? What possible harm can they do right now that Pakistahn couldn't do first?

Who's normal is the army fighting to get things back to? Yours?

Did I say Harmless? No I'm saying it's not 1946.

Why this irrational fear of Russia? Are you a duck and cover kid? Afraid the godless commies are gonna come and get you?

As for China yeah we'd better watch them but what are our few thousand troops in THAT part of the world gonna do to stop the Chinese if they decide they want to tango? Not a fucking thing.

And Why has NK got you shaking? Cause someday they might be able to launch a missle?

Well my guess is because the right are a bunch of jumpy, easily led suckers who want to play with their new toys whatever the cost to soldiers in the field.

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

So why wasn't the stimulus spent on this ?

What is your military background.....zero.

Oh, but you think you can talk on behalf of the "troops." Uh, bullshit.

Conservatives like me, especially with a DD214, understand it is important to have better weapons than the enemy and to be able to deter them from doing what they want to do......because that stops wars or limits any war from getting too big like say World World II.

You see idiot, your strategy of ignoring threats and giving the enemy hope they can win actually kills more people and cost more money in the end.

Well my guess is because the right are a bunch of jumpy, easily led suckers who want to play with their new toys whatever the cost to soldiers in the field.

Because they are the same thing, throwing good money that we can't afford, after bad money that we couldn't afford when we threw it.

The rant of an uneducated madman.

Iran is so friendly and innocent....because we supported some guy before you were born, insane. Strange the Arab muslims don't think Iran is so friendly.

Russia, yeah they're a bunch of nice guys....just ask Eastern Europeans ruled by them during the USSR reign of terror. But of course, they just quit being that way after the communist experiment failed. Russia supporting Saddam and today Iran and Syria just shows they're a model citizen of the world in your fucked up head.

China, strange that all their neighbors fear them over fishing and oil rights in the region. China using their navy to push smaller countries out of international waters, in addition to attacking the US Navy a couple times going back to 2000. Why is Vietnam asking for our help today? Come on asswipe.

Next, you'll claim Al Qaeda is just a friendly group guys that are misunderstood over cultural differences. It is Buuuuuuuuuuush's fault they hate us.

The ME is still pissy about the crusades and you think a few decades will erase the fact that we continually and repeatedly back thugs (still do) who use and abuse their people? You clearly knwo very little about the enemy you seem so terrified of.

Ok So we can back whomever we want for our own and thats cool. Some other nation (Russia) backs someone for their advantage and they are the evil menace but we are pure as driven snow? We backed syria until their craziness became too public for our liking.

Of course they fear china it's the biggest kid on the block. What you don't think our neighbors fear what we might do? Clearly your vision is lacking.

No AQ is a menace to the world. But we are spending Trillions of dollars and are reaaly no closer to destroying AQ than we were right after the big push into tora bora. SO way to piss good money after bad.

Still not seeing what about Iran has your panties in a wad. Big Deal Arab muslims don't care for them . . .who do arab muslims like? Certainly not you and me.

Why not do what the previous administrations did and work on US infrastructure? Start up a project that would employ people that connects major cities and towns with data, shipping, and people traveling.

You could make a project to put High speed rail across the US, and couple large data and even power conduits along it. The present power system could be redone and made better.

Basically what i see is a web of high speed rail connections running between big cities. Along the rail system you would also run your power and data lines. This would create a lot of jobs and really make the US infrastructure so much better. It is the next generation of transportation systems, and it would really be great if they started this project.

Like AMTRAK??? Great Idea? California is currently doing that right? Between LA ans SF? I bet they finish that for under a Trillion. ;) Only an hour commute to reach it, from either side,cool. Yeah, there are projects that do actually make sense, once the Jackass factor is removed. Throwing money away does not make sense though. It only compounds the problem.

Forum List

Back