Since Obama is failing so horrifically, Will Hillary run against him?

If the economy does not improve
then chances of her running will go up..

I would put nothing past her

Under normal circumstances, neither would I.

But the political reality is that no party has replaced an incumbant president since 1968, and to find a case where the incumbant was defeated for the nomination by a person who wanted to take the party in another direction, I think you'd have to go back into the bowels of the 19th century for that one.

When it comes to people who show up to Democratic Primaries, the people who vote for the Democrat no matter how badly he's screwing things up, Obama's got no problem with them. Even if they are completely unhappy with his performance and not fulfilling his promises, any challenge at this level would just weaken their chances of getting re-elected.

Getting the nomination is one thing

Trying is another

Look at Ted Kennedy and Carter

Actually, I lived through that. I'm like really old. And gnarly.

The difference there was that a lot of liberal Democrats, the Rust Belt base of the party, never liked Carter from day one. They didn't like the fact he was chummy with the religious right. They didn't like the fact that on some issues, he was moderate to conservative. The Kennedy challenge to Carter was an idealogical one. (Remember, when Kennedy started, the economy hadn't quite gone south yet like it would in 1980.) The same could be said of Ronald Reagan's challenge to Gerald Ford in 1976. These were idealogical fights for the sould of the party.

When it comes to philosophy, there really isn't a whit of difference between Obama and Clinton. They are singing from the same liberal hymnbook. The rational behind her candidacy would be that Obama has failed miserably, which of course, I think you and I can agree he has. But convincing Democratic faithful of that?

I wouldn't want to try to pee up that rope.

It would have to be all or nothing for her

After any attempt, she and Bill would be let loose from the party, not officially

But since she too is getting old and gnarly
you never know
:eusa_angel:

Well if the economy was recovering then the president should've been able to say that he would guarantee that Social Security checks would go out on August 3rd then and seniors and veterans would have nothing to worry about. Right Chris????

The Left always likes to claim that the SS money is there
In reality, the only thing there is yellowing IOU's from the gov't

That's not true at all.

Do you do any reading outside of crazy right wing websites?
yes and here's some facts for you#1 the climate is and always has been in a state of constant change.#2 killing an unborn child is murder.#3 higher taxes stunt economic growth ie...[sec state clinton tells greece that U.S. agrees with spending and tax cuts greece is implementing to save their economy]. #4 when gas hit 4$a gallon after catrina bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling which helped to lower gas prices to less than 2$ a gallon [one of Obama's 1st acts as president was to reinstate the drilling ban to help raise gas prices and kill economic growth. #5 we have plenty of oil#6 business owners are afraid of left wing policy and will not invest or hire[so much for job creation]#6 the race card has been used by the left so much nobody pays it any attention.and so on and so on . i could go on for ever about fanny and freddy the community reinvestment act bush being called a racist by a liberal majority in congress for trying to get oversight on banks and on and on and on.[the only people backing you are gullible guilt ridden whites[which by the way are starting to wise up, and gays,blacks and people that hate America.]#7 911 was caused by islamic terrorist not the U.S.government.#8 Israel is a good and honorable country we should not abandon #9 Obama after 20 yrs of attending church service [ was married by, children baptized by, this anti American ass hole]new damn well rev Wight hates America. #10 their is a GOD!! :clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I don't think she will. The deals have already been struck. She'll go for it in 2016. Although i think she would beat him if she did run. I wouldn't support her though.

No--I don't think so. The biggest mistake she made was becoming part of this administration--as secretary of state. Now's she a part of it--she can't run against it.

Good point!

Of course, she is not getting any younger...
I have no doubt, many in the party would hate her for it
But like most politicians, they put themselves first

She could argue, honestly, that she was never involved with the economic policy of the administration

who knows

When will Republicans ever get a decent candidate to run? :lol:

Maybe you should sit around on your fat ass and contemplate that..
maybe you should look at all the fat lazy libbs on the gubment dole before you start calling productive humans names ,maybe you should get off your fat lazy ass and destroy a bible,kill an unborn child,and burn the flag,like libbs love to do you idiot!! ps. in 2012 get ready RICK PERRY:clap2::clap2:

Good point!

Of course, she is not getting any younger...
I have no doubt, many in the party would hate her for it
But like most politicians, they put themselves first

She could argue, honestly, that she was never involved with the economic policy of the administration

who knows

When will Republicans ever get a decent candidate to run? :lol:

Maybe you should sit around on your fat ass and contemplate that..
maybe you should look at all the fat lazy libbs on the gubment dole before you start calling productive humans names ,maybe you should get off your fat lazy ass and destroy a bible,kill an unborn child,and burn the flag,like libbs love to do you idiot!! ps. in 2012 get ready RICK PERRY:clap2::clap2:

Rick Perry? Wow. That is your future?

then chances of her running will go up..

I would put nothing past her

Link? Or is this you raving about nothing?

it's called his opinion. Look into it.

He stated chances of her funning will go up. i though maybe he had a link to something, ANYTHING that would make him think she would run. I could provide a link to her saying SHE WOULD NOT RUN.

See where I am going here....

Link? Or is this you raving about nothing?

it's called his opinion. Look into it.

He stated chances of her funning will go up. i though maybe he had a link to something, ANYTHING that would make him think she would run. I could provide a link to her saying SHE WOULD NOT RUN.

See where I am going here....

we don't need links for crap like that... but here's my take.
the odds WILL go up..... as in from .005 percent to .006 percent.

The Republicans in the House are the ones that don't want to raise the debt ceiling.

But thanks for playing.

And when you don't get your monthly check, you will know who to blame...the Tea Party!
Sorry but not true. The dems have been in charge for 5 total years and under Obama he has spent more money than all presidents combined in their first term. Why are you forgetting that? This nightmare is Obama's baby and that's what we get when we have a affirmative action usurper acting as president.

Are you a GI Bill usurper? Did you parents use the GI Bill to usurp what other Americans were denied? Bush was president until Jan 2009. You claim he wasn't responsible, yet Obama is? This is the rightwing stupidity that makes your argument sound oh so dumb.
a veteran is a gi bill usurper???man you are a absolute idiot,YOU TRULY ARE!!!my god if you can't differentiate between affirmative action and the gi bill it's proof that affirmative action was created for people with below average intelligence.:cuckoo::eek:

Sorry but not true. The dems have been in charge for 5 total years and under Obama he has spent more money than all presidents combined in their first term. Why are you forgetting that? This nightmare is Obama's baby and that's what we get when we have a affirmative action usurper acting as president.

Are you a GI Bill usurper? Did you parents use the GI Bill to usurp what other Americans were denied? Bush was president until Jan 2009. You claim he wasn't responsible, yet Obama is? This is the rightwing stupidity that makes your argument sound oh so dumb.
a veteran is a gi bill usurper???man you are a absolute idiot,YOU TRULY ARE!!!my god if you can't differentiate between affirmative action and the gi bill it's proof that affirmative action was created for people with below average intelligence.:cuckoo::eek:

Salt is USMB's newest addition to the rubber room crew. He's rarely on topic and rarely makes a lick of sense.

I knew I'd find a sucker to take the bait. What percentage of white WWII veterans used the original GI Bill to get a home loan or to pay for college? What percentage of black WWII veterans were ALLOWED by the government to use the GI Bill for home Loans or college. Didn't the GI Bill allow white veterans to improve their and their families lives? Weren't Jim Crow rules used to deny education benefits and better housing opportunities to blacks, even black veterans who were eligible for and had earned the right to use the GI Bill?

The GI Bill was Affirmative Action for white veterans, ask your parents or grandparents.

Salt is USMB's newest addition to the rubber room crew. He's rarely on topic and rarely makes a lick of sense.

Really?

then chances of her running will go up.. I would put nothing past her

HRC will not run, period, even if the world blows up after August 3. BHO has the nomination in the bag for his party. My concern is that the GOP finds a candidate that we can run against your hero Obama, NeoFascist, and beat him. Romney can do it. Perry possibly, just possibly.

I knew I'd find a sucker to take the bait. What percentage of white WWII veterans used the original GI Bill to get a home loan or to pay for college? What percentage of black WWII veterans were ALLOWED by the government to use the GI Bill for home Loans or college. Didn't the GI Bill allow white veterans to improve their and their families lives? Weren't Jim Crow rules used to deny education benefits and better housing opportunities to blacks, even black veterans who were eligible for and had earned the right to use the GI Bill?

The GI Bill was Affirmative Action for white veterans, ask your parents or grandparents.

I worked for the US Postal Service bulk mail center in Atlanta, Ga for several years where there was 1 white guy for every 50 black guys. I knew of 4 black vets that signed up for college and got the GI Bill. 3 of them went for a few classes, dropped out, and kept getting their GI Bill check for at least 6 more months. That was about 30 years ago. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back