Since 1999 the chance a public school student being killed by a gun in school is 1 in 614,000,000

The MSM blows these events so out of proportion so as to sell advertising!
When will you people that get so agitated about banning guns wake up to reality!
Perspective | School shootings are extraordinarily rare. Why is fear of them driving policy?

View attachment 192252

You are correct. Kids are statistically safe from gun violence in schools. Safer than in their own homes.

Therefore, gun free schools is not something that leads to school shootings.

Glad we agree.

I don't know the statistics on "gun free" schools being something that leads to shootings.

I do KNOW that 7/24 coverage by the news media definitely influences future maladroits to want their 15 minutes of fame.

Studies indicate that the more media attention a shooter gets, the more likely the event will inspire a future mass shooter. For example, a 2015 study found that after a mass shooting, there was an increased chance of another one occurring in the next 13 days.
A 2017 study found that media coverage of a mass shooting may increase the frequency and lethality of future shootings, but the contagion period might not be within the first two weeks, but instead might inspire the frequency of mass shootings in the future.

Does Media Coverage Inspire Copy Cat Mass Shootings? | National Center for Health Research

You want to talk about the media being complicit in mass shootings? Really,

YES.. I REALLY do and more importantly... I am not saying that...researchers are. Words from a mass killer...
Does media coverage of mass murders encourage others to kill?
The most compelling anecdotal evidence of a copycat effect may have come from the
26-year-old who killed 10 students at Umpqua Community College in Oregon in 2015.

In a blog post about the television journalist who killed two of his former colleagues in Virginia earlier that year, he wrote,
“I have noticed that so many people like him are all alone and unknown,
yet when they spill a little blood, the whole world knows who they are.
A man who was known by no one, is now known by everyone.
His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day.
Seems the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight.”

Now from researchers:
Writing in The Atlantic in 2012, sociologist Zeynep Tufekci argued that the news media ought to tone down coverage of shooting sprees in the same way they modulated their coverage of suicides when it was feared that such deaths had become “contagious” in the 1980s. Among Tufekci’s recommendations:
Avoid specifying the killer’s choice of weapons, avoid quoting his writings or utterances, delay releasing the suspect’s name
and, to not add to the traumatizing of victims and their loved ones, resist the urge to interview victims and loved ones.

So WHERE is YOUR proof that MSM blasting the airwaves 7/24 DOESN"T INFLUENCE these weak minded people that want their 15 minutes of FAME?

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Your own thread title tells us that we need not worry about school shooters.

Why not just be consistent.

More guns in schools are not needed for student safety.

Next fake outrage. Asshole.

I guess more useless gun law aren't needed either, RIGHT? Why not be consistent? Or are you just another typical regressive hypocrite?

You are correct. Kids are statistically safe from gun violence in schools. Safer than in their own homes.

Therefore, gun free schools is not something that leads to school shootings.

Glad we agree.

I don't know the statistics on "gun free" schools being something that leads to shootings.

I do KNOW that 7/24 coverage by the news media definitely influences future maladroits to want their 15 minutes of fame.

Studies indicate that the more media attention a shooter gets, the more likely the event will inspire a future mass shooter. For example, a 2015 study found that after a mass shooting, there was an increased chance of another one occurring in the next 13 days.
A 2017 study found that media coverage of a mass shooting may increase the frequency and lethality of future shootings, but the contagion period might not be within the first two weeks, but instead might inspire the frequency of mass shootings in the future.

Does Media Coverage Inspire Copy Cat Mass Shootings? | National Center for Health Research

YES.. I REALLY do and more importantly... I am not saying that...researchers are. Words from a mass killer...
The most compelling anecdotal evidence of a copycat effect may have come from the
26-year-old who killed 10 students at Umpqua Community College in Oregon in 2015.

In a blog post about the television journalist who killed two of his former colleagues in Virginia earlier that year, he wrote,
His face splashed across every screen, his name across the lips of every person on the planet, all in the course of one day.

Now from researchers:
Writing in The Atlantic in 2012, sociologist Zeynep Tufekci argued that the news media ought to tone down coverage of shooting sprees in the same way they modulated their coverage of suicides when it was feared that such deaths had become “contagious” in the 1980s. Among Tufekci’s recommendations:
Avoid specifying the killer’s choice of weapons, avoid quoting his writings or utterances, delay releasing the suspect’s name
and, to not add to the traumatizing of victims and their loved ones, resist the urge to interview victims and loved ones.

So WHERE is YOUR proof that MSM blasting the airwaves 7/24 DOESN"T INFLUENCE these weak minded people that want their 15 minutes of FAME?

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I guess more useless gun law aren't needed either, RIGHT? Why not be consistent? Or are you just another typical regressive hypocrite?

No. Dumbshit.

The gun problem is way larger than school shootings.

We def need more gun laws. Smart people know this.

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Your intelligence is showing if you can't even take the time to complete a word!
"def"????
More importantly how many "gun laws" do you stupidity and ignorantly believe there are in America?
Because you are so lazy to even spell a word here I'll help you as most intelligent people have to do with backwards people like you.

How many towns, counties, and cities are in the USA? Counties:
A) but there are about 18,443 towns (after taking out bouroughs and counties).
Source: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/..
B) there are 3,086 counties http://wliqlite1530.com/there-are-how-many-counties-in-the-us/
C) There are 50 states.
It is conceivable that every town, every county ever state has at least ONE or more laws regarding fire arms .
That is 21,579 laws regarding fire arms.

What will MORE laws do?????

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Your intelligence is showing if you can't even take the time to complete a word!
"def"????
More importantly how many "gun laws" do you stupidity and ignorantly believe there are in America?
Because you are so lazy to even spell a word here I'll help you as most intelligent people have to do with backwards people like you.

How many towns, counties, and cities are in the USA? Counties:
A) but there are about 18,443 towns (after taking out bouroughs and counties).
Source: http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/..
B) there are 3,086 counties http://wliqlite1530.com/there-are-how-many-counties-in-the-us/
C) There are 50 states.
It is conceivable that every town, every county ever state has at least ONE or more laws regarding fire arms .
That is 21,579 laws regarding fire arms.

What will MORE laws do?????

You should go back to posting about the ACA.

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Maybe it would be smarter to actually enforce the laws already on the books.

Which red state school has the kind of security that you’d like to model?
Texas

Teachers/staff can apply for a license and special release to carry concealed at school.

Also, public universities are no longer "gun-free" zones, meaning anyone with a license can carry concealed on any state college or university campus.

That's what caused the whole "cocks not glocks" campaign at the burnt orange school for the retarded hippie in Austin.
Which school? How many armed defenders per student? What’s required to determine a school safe?

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

The Parkland shooter could have been arrested multiple times, it wasn't done, who's fault is that?

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

The Parkland shooter could have been arrested multiple times, it wasn't done, who's fault is that?

As a juvenile, for misdomeanors . Wouldn’t show up on a background check .

In other states they would’ve stopped him. Not Florida .

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

Wrong.....he was protected by the Promise Program, where they refused to arrest him...

BOMBSHELL: Parkland Shooter Was Assigned To Obama-Era Program, Superintendent Lied, Report Suggests

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

No...what we need is for democrats to stop letting violent gun criminals out of jail......

No. Dumbshit.

Yeah. That’s a plan.

Wrong.....he was protected by the Promise Program, where they refused to arrest him...

BOMBSHELL: Parkland Shooter Was Assigned To Obama-Era Program, Superintendent Lied, Report Suggests

What’s wrong? The program only covers misdemeanors.

Texas

Teachers/staff can apply for a license and special release to carry concealed at school.

Also, public universities are no longer "gun-free" zones, meaning anyone with a license can carry concealed on any state college or university campus.

That's what caused the whole "cocks not glocks" campaign at the burnt orange school for the retarded hippie in Austin.
Which school? How many armed defenders per student? What’s required to determine a school safe?

Just getting rid of the democrat gun free zone status will do the trick....since we know from actual mass shooters that they target democrat gun free zones.....armed guards are nice, but trained and armed staff are better since shooters can't know who is and isn't carrying a gun, which will make them stop targeting schools

Now from researchers:

Blah. Blah. Blah.

No. Dumbshit.

No...what we need is for democrats to stop letting violent gun criminals out of jail......

Yeah ok. How about we just keep Big guns away from psychos .

Texas

Just getting rid of the democrat gun free zone status will do the trick....since we know from actual mass shooters that they target democrat gun free zones.....armed guards are nice, but trained and armed staff are better since shooters can't know who is and isn't carrying a gun, which will make them stop targeting schools

Parkland had an armed deputy .

Forum List

Back