Simple questions - never answered.

Section 8. Don't get me started. I had an inspection one year and they found some things. We fixed them, at great cost. The tenant was no better off because we had grates over the tiny openings in the crawlspace. But OK.
The next year they came back with another laundry list of things that were fine the previous year and hadn't changed at all.
Section 8 drives up costs for landlords and limits choice for tenants. That is one program that can be easily cut.
Section Eight provides that the rentals are decent, safe and sanitary. The Housing quality Standards (HQS) are quite broadly written and easily complied with. Section Eight pays off like an ATM every month for you landlords. Never late, never a bounced check. Section Eight provides an annual inspection of your properties. Do you inspect your rentals regularly?

Section 8 provides standards that are cavalier and capricious and subject to whatever the hell the inspector thinks they ought to be. The last inspection cost about $2500 to be "easily complied with." On a $430 apartment you can do the math. Actually you probably can't. The next year came back with another $3k list of repairs.
I do not inspect my properties annually. But my tenants inspect it daily. And when they have a problem they call me. Shockingly I have never had a tenant injured or killed in 17 years of being a landlord with up to 15 units under management. All this despite not having Section 8 inspections.
Dump the whole fucking useless gov't program, give people vouchers and let them live where they want.
You must practice at being wrong. You're so good at it.

Please point out which of the HQS standards you find cavalier and capricious. Here they are:Notice - HUD. Yhe standards are written to be easily complied with in units from Maine to Hawaii.

You must have had a real dump to require $3,000 in repairs! Was it a roof? A foundation?

It certainly wasn't handrails (required on every flight of steps,interior or exterior with four or more risers. It could have been lead based paint, but without government standards, people could still get sick from their home and you would not hold any liability! Goody!

And it's been my professional experience that tenants don't call their landlords with conditional issues quickly or often enough. Some tenants are intimidated. Others attempt a half assed repair on their own exacerbating the problem. An annual inspection both ensures decent, safe housing and a quality check on the investment of the landlord.

Further, it's also been my professional experience that the landlords most resistant to safety and environmental renovations to their properties are, by in large, slum lords. just sayin'

Oh, by the way, I'm also a certified engineer in the states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey. I've got some math skills.

You're either painfully naive or just good ole fashioned dumb as a bag of hammers. If you think everything was fine until 2007.....

So, let's get to the heart of the matter... what is it that GWB did in 2007 that caused the mess?
It's not that simple! If we could just pin this one on one act that the moron Bush did at one particular occasion, don't you think that this sort of simple mistake could be simply remedied?

I blame Phil Gramm (R) Texas chairman of the Senate Banking committee for rolling back regulations (something the Right loves to do but never thinks through) which made the derivative market possible. Friends of his were bankers and investment houses. They asked Phil if he could change the law so they wouldn't actually be breaking it. He owed them his Senate seat and here we are!

So in your world, Dodd, Frank, Waters, Clinton, etc. who proudly declared there to be no problems, along their fierce defense of CRA mandates, etc. played no role? Yep, its all the fault of the (R)'s. I recall Bush banging the drum on more than one occasion that this was a mess in the making... and then he was basically called a racist for even suggesting such.

Clinton got rid of Glass-Stegall. That was a big problem. CRAs weren't the problem..

The stereo-typical RWer ~ Probably because such a RWer doesn't think of the consequences.

This sums the rightwingers up. Whenever a Democrat makes a proposal, it is always accompanied by the long range projections, but you will never see a rightwinger do that. They shoot from the hip and don't care who they hit in the process. That's not said to be mean, it is just a fact.

Sure... like unemployment will not go over 8%... Obamcare will cause premiums to go down, the Summer of Recovery, Shovel ready Jobs... I remember all these long range projections.

So what? All of that is true had it not been for the republican Party of No do whatever it takes to slow it down assholes. Go on, complain about what your party did to you. LMAO!! :lol:

The stereo-typical RWer ~ Probably because such a RWer doesn't think of the consequences.

This sums the rightwingers up. Whenever a Democrat makes a proposal, it is always accompanied by the long range projections, but you will never see a rightwinger do that. They shoot from the hip and don't care who they hit in the process. That's not said to be mean, it is just a fact.

ROFLMAO!!!! Once again, the Left sees itself as cool, rational and scientific while the Right is emotional, religious, and out of control. ROFL!
It isn't true.

How is your ME "We will be in & out" war coming along? LMAO!!!! I don't think the right is emotional, I think they are cognitive defunked.

It is the very opposite of reality. What kind of "long range projections" were given for Obamacare?.

You off your meds again? National Health Care is going to work, it will just take a few years to get it shoved down your throat. Just like SS, it took time, and assholes like you think miracles occur with your phony god BS. How is the in-out ME war working for you??

Last edited:

Sure... like unemployment will not go over 8%... Obamcare will cause premiums to go down, the Summer of Recovery, Shovel ready Jobs... I remember all these long range projections.

So what? ...

:lmao:

I hope you aren't thinking too hard about why the dems will get their asses kicked tomorrow. :lol:

Section Eight provides that the rentals are decent, safe and sanitary. The Housing quality Standards (HQS) are quite broadly written and easily complied with. Section Eight pays off like an ATM every month for you landlords. Never late, never a bounced check. Section Eight provides an annual inspection of your properties. Do you inspect your rentals regularly?

Section 8 provides standards that are cavalier and capricious and subject to whatever the hell the inspector thinks they ought to be. The last inspection cost about $2500 to be "easily complied with." On a $430 apartment you can do the math. Actually you probably can't. The next year came back with another $3k list of repairs.
I do not inspect my properties annually. But my tenants inspect it daily. And when they have a problem they call me. Shockingly I have never had a tenant injured or killed in 17 years of being a landlord with up to 15 units under management. All this despite not having Section 8 inspections.
Dump the whole fucking useless gov't program, give people vouchers and let them live where they want.

Please point out which of the HQS standards you find cavalier and capricious. Here they are:Notice - HUD. Yhe standards are written to be easily complied with in units from Maine to Hawaii.

You must have had a real dump to require $3,000 in repairs! Was it a roof? A foundation?

It certainly wasn't handrails (required on every flight of steps,interior or exterior with four or more risers. It could have been lead based paint, but without government standards, people could still get sick from their home and you would not hold any liability! Goody!

And it's been my professional experience that tenants don't call their landlords with conditional issues quickly or often enough. Some tenants are intimidated. Others attempt a half assed repair on their own exacerbating the problem. An annual inspection both ensures decent, safe housing and a quality check on the investment of the landlord.

Further, it's also been my professional experience that the landlords most resistant to safety and environmental renovations to their properties are, by in large, slum lords. just sayin'

Oh, by the way, I'm also a certified engineer in the states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey. I've got some math skills.

If the best job you can find is Section 8 inspector then your engineering certs must be about on par with your math skills.

If the best job you can find is Section 8 inspector then your engineering certs must be about on par with your math skills.
I'm not a Section Eight inspector, although I work with section Eight inspectors. I am the Building Inspector for the county. As such, I also work with fire chiefs, contractors, developers, road construction contractors and engineers, bridge and railroad construction firms and public utilities.

By my count, you're 0 for 3.

I'm not a Section Eight inspector, although I work with section Eight inspectors. I am the Building Inspector for the county. As such, I also work with fire chiefs, contractors, developers, road construction contractors and engineers, bridge and railroad construction firms and public utilities.

Like I implied, your math skills suck.

So what? ...

I hope you aren't thinking too hard about why the dems will get their asses kicked tomorrow. :lol:

Well, no I am not, and those that get the shaft deserved it. But it won't change anything, as Obama can shut down anything the retards want to do. We already have gridlock, so that won't change. I guess it might give the retards more excuses to whine about.

What makes this election interesting is millions are being spent, yet there is little mention of what retards are being sent to congress to do. It is anyones guess what T-Party members will do. They rant about cutting taxes, and retards say they have to raise taxes, just as dems do. Will they raise taxes? I doubt it. They have a dream that tax cuts means more revenue to pay off the war.

So what? ...

Well, no I am not, and those that get the shaft deserved it. But it won't change anything, as Obama can shut down anything the retards want to do. We already have gridlock, so that won't change. I guess it might give the retards more excuses to whine about.

What makes this election interesting is millions are being spent, yet there is little mention of what retards are being sent to congress to do. It is anyones guess what T-Party members will do. They rant about cutting taxes, and retards say they have to raise taxes, just as dems do. Will they raise taxes? I doubt it. They have a dream that tax cuts means more revenue to pay off the war.

Becoming what you hated. The party of no has a new name and that name is Democrat.

So what? ...

What I find hilarious is that all these "retards" you talk about have a higher IQ than you and they surely gets paid a whole lot more money. :lol:

Like I implied, your math skills suck.
Fresh out of arguments I see. You're excused.

Becoming what you hated. The party of no has a new name and that name is Democrat.

Exactly! They haven't said it yet, the will display it. I guess where the anger should be is on the system that allows it to happen.

What I find hilarious is that all these "retards" you talk about have a higher IQ than you and they surely gets paid a whole lot more money. :lol:

A few errors in your thinking, which is your problem. I have a high IQ and you or no one else can intimidate me with money. But it does show what is most important to you. For instance you didn't say they have a better life style, or have better health, or are more patriotic than me. You didn't say they are worth more me, or have more toys. You use money as if it holds some great importance to you. I value my time to do as I please, and not many of those retards retired at 45 years of age, have a college degree, and have secured the future for several generations of their family members. So, no, you can't play the cash card and intimidate me. Even if they make more than me, some probably do, so what is that a measure of if I have everything I want?:eusa_angel:

Simple questions - never answered.
The stereo-typical RWer wants to cut taxes and cut regulations and cut government but never suggests which taxes will be cut & the impact of such cuts; which regulations to eliminate and the impact of less oversight; and which government agencies to cut and the consequences of those cuts.

Why even respond to this much arrogance and untruth?

Let the former hack government worker see the people's voice on this issue tomorrow. It will not be a vote FOR Republicans, it will be AGAINST his beloved Democrats, and why Wry will NEVER understand anyways.

...they surely GETS paid a whole lot... LOL

A few errors in your thinking, which is your problem. I have a high IQ and you or no one else can intimidate me with money. But it does show what is most important to you. For instance you didn't say they have a better life style, or have better health, or are more patriotic than me. You didn't say they are worth more me, or have more toys. You use money as if it holds some great importance to you. I value my time to do as I please, and not many of those retards retired at 45 years of age, have a college degree, and have secured the future for several generations of their family members. So, no, you can't play the cash card and intimidate me. Even if they make more than me, some probably do, so what is that a measure of if I have everything I want?:eusa_angel:

You were wrong on the general welfare clause and you are wrong on this too Shintao. Time is money. If you value your time here on earth than you value money. That is the fundamental difference in mindset between most of the haves and most of the have nots. They want time. Time to get out of life what they wnat to get out of it. That costs money. We're all after the same thing. The difference is most people work hard for money which lessens the free time they crave, while the uber wealthy let money work for them which increases the free time they crave.

You were wrong on the general welfare clause and you are wrong on this too Shintao. Time is money. If you value your time here on earth than you value money. That is the fundamental difference in mindset between most of the haves and most of the have nots. They want time. Time to get out of life what they wnat to get out of it. That costs money. We're all after the same thing. The difference is most people work hard for money which lessens the free time they crave, while the uber wealthy let money work for them which increases the free time they crave.

Wrong. We are not "all after the same thing"; that is a very narrow and cynical perspective on life.

Wrong. We are not "all after the same thing"; that is a very narrow and cynical perspective on life.

Depends on what you think the 'thing' I'm talking about is. I would contend that most people want to get all they can out of life. I think you're being disagreeablee simply for the sake of being disagreeable.

Last edited:

No it's not. It's his attempt to say look...we're all reasonable and as humans have similar wants and needs. Which is true.

Forum List

Back