Simple questions - never answered.

Is it clear and obvious to everyone else that Progressives think that the Federal government is the US Economy?

How does either one of these ideas help to pay down the debt?

Wingnuts think they can balance the budget with programs that cost trillions.:cuckoo:

You mean like the 850 Billion Stimulus and the $1.3 TRILLION deficit!

I know!

When will you ever learn?!!

:cuckoo:

No, I mean the Iraq Occupation and Arghanistan invasion (1trillion and counting) and out of control entitlement spending like earmarks, bank bailouts, socialized prescription drugs, oil subsidies, etc

How would you balance the budget Frank? Consider, if you can (to do so requires thought, so I'm not sure you can, but try) that you are a homeowner.
Your home was purchased with all of your savings and money borrowed from the bank. You knew the home was in need of some repair, expecially the roof was old. During a few early fall lows the light rain leaked and stained the walls and now you've learned a large storm was blowing in with high winds and record rainfall expected.
Do you borrow money to fix the roof? Or do you let nature take it's course?

Wingnuts think they can balance the budget with programs that cost trillions.:cuckoo:

I know!

No, I mean the Iraq Occupation and Arghanistan invasion (1trillion and counting) and out of control entitlement spending like earmarks, bank bailouts, socialized prescription drugs, oil subsidies, etc

Bwahaha! A trillion! It took Bush 7 years to spend a trillion in the GWOT! Fuck! Obama can spends that in a few weeks!

Yes entitlements are out of control, but thankfully, Obama cutting back on Medicare will force elderly into early and permanent retirement

I know!

Bwahaha! A trillion! It took Bush 7 years to spend a trillion in the GWOT! Fuck! Obama can spends that in a few weeks!

Yes entitlements are out of control, but thankfully, Obama cutting back on Medicare will force elderly into early and permanent retirement

If wingnuts didnt lie, they'd have nothing to say.

I only included the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I didn't include the HSA boondoggle. That's another couple of trillions

How would you balance the budget Frank? Consider, if you can (to do so requires thought, so I'm not sure you can, but try) that you are a homeowner.
Your home was purchased with all of your savings and money borrowed from the bank. You knew the home was in need of some repair, expecially the roof was old. During a few early fall lows the light rain leaked and stained the walls and now you've learned a large storm was blowing in with high winds and record rainfall expected.

Extremely poor analogy. In this asanine hypothetical why did you spend all your money on him that you were going to need to spend more money on? That's just dumb. Oh wait, maybe this is a good illustration of our government after all.

I've answered this any number of times. This seems to be a pattern with Progressives that I need to repeat myself countless times only to have it ignored and have them trot out their psuedo-Intellectual talking points.

One more time for the learning disabled.

If I was that homeowner I would utter a phrase never heard before in Washington DC: "We can't afford it" For example, the roof is leaking but we're spending money to do research on how primates respond to classical music, or spending money to build sidewalks in upstate NY.

What that means in reality is we close the Depart of Education, we sell Fannie and Freddie, we have an immediate freeze in all spending, we let the private sector expand the sources of energy, we cut capital gains tax to 5%, we have a 5 year tax holiday on any new business, we repeal ObamaCare in favor of the Whole Food Care program and so on and so on

I've answered this any number of times. This seems to be a pattern with Progressives that I need to repeat myself countless times only to have it ignored and have them trot out their psuedo-Intellectual talking points.

If I was that homeowner I would utter a phrase never heard before in Washington DC: "We can't afford it" For example, the roof is leaking but we're spending money to do research on how primates respond to classical music, or spending money to build sidewalks in upstate NY.

What that means in reality is we close the Depart of Education, we sell Fannie and Freddie, we have an immediate freeze in all spending, we let the private sector expand the sources of energy, we cut capital gains tax to 5%, we have a 5 year tax holiday on any new business, we repeal ObamaCare in favor of the Whole Food Care program and so on and so on

Republican "solutions" have led to an explosion of debt

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

The repubsa ren't too good at creating jobs either

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speakerpelosi/4691566101/in/set-72157623367757714

Last edited:

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

The Bush Administration's Dismal Jobs Record | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:eusa_eh: :eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Obama ran deficit up into the TRILLIONSSSSSSSSSSS

That's more than Reagan entire budget!!!

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say. The deficit is currently about 1.5trillion

bush* and the rightwingers ran up $9trillion in debt
The Bush Deficit | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Obama is reducing the deficit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speakerpelosi/4328757508/in/set-72157623367757714/

Last edited:

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say. The deficit is currently about 1.5trillion

PRESIDENT OBAMA'S PROPOSED BUDGET SLASHES DEFICIT IN HALF IN JUST FIVE YEARS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I said

reagan.jpg

yet you're talking about Bush?

Who's a wingnut, wingnut?

Extremely poor analogy. In this asanine hypothetical why did you spend all your money on him that you were going to need to spend more money on? That's just dumb. Oh wait, maybe this is a good illustration of our government after all.

Now whose being disagreable. The analogy is close to what Obama inherited from Bush&Co. To deny our nations 'roof' was incapable of protecting the rest of the assets is absurd, we were in free fall, panic had set in, blue chip companies failed or were in danger of failure and each day things looked darker.
IMO the stimulus was way too small, and there was no effort on the part of those who brought us to the brink to help.
Obama should be given credit for stepping up, instead he is blamed for eight years of fiscal irresponsibility by Bush&Co and six years of a Republican controlled Congress and their combined out of control spending.
If I understood, "...why did you spend all your money on him that you were going to need to spend more money on?", I'd provide an answer, but word salad makes little sense even when prefaced with an ad hominem attack.

Yes, clearly the Stimulus was a failure and because it was too small...$850B is fucking peanuts!

We needed a Stimulus of um, er, scientifically speaking, um using round numbers, um $5 Trillion. Yeah, that seems right, $5 Trillion of Stimulus an we could have kept unemployment to 9% ...I'm sure of it

PRESIDENT OBAMA'S PROPOSED BUDGET SLASHES DEFICIT IN HALF IN JUST FIVE YEARS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I said

reagan.jpg

You seemed worried about running the deficit up into the TRILLIONS

except when bush* and the republicans do it.

And the proof that you don't care about budget deficits IN THE TRILLIONS is that you don't care about bush*'s deficits. You're concerned that you're talking about Reagan and I'm talking about bush*.

Wake up wingnut. The issue being discussed is "deficits in the trillions". In fact, it was YOU who first mentioned it.

Now that I've proven your hypocrisy, you don't want to talk about the republican deficits under bush*

I said

reagan.jpg

And the proof that you don't care about budget deficits IN THE TRILLIONS is that you don't care about bush*'s deficits. You're concerned that you're talking about Reagan and I'm talking about bush*.

Wake up wingnut. The issue being discussed is "deficits in the trillions". In fact, it was YOU who first mentioned it.

Now that I've proven your hypocrisy, you don't want to talk about the republican deficits under bush*

I'm against all deficits Democrat or Republican. Bush and Delay are fucking Progressives traitors for not tackling gubbamint spending

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

Do you perhaps have a visual aid of this substituting which party was president with which party controlled congress (seeing as how it's congress that actually sets the budget and all).

Last edited:
I said

reagan.jpg

I'm against all deficits Democrat or Republican. Bush and Delay are fucking Progressives traitors for not tackling gubbamint spending

bush* and Tom Delay are leftists?:cuckoo:

And what about all those other republicans who voted for those huge deficits?

And what about Reagan? The man you laud is also responsible for a large portion of the national debt. The only President who increased the national debt more than Reagan was bush*

I guess Reagan was also a progressive traitor:cuckoo:

bush* and Tom Delay are leftists?:cuckoo:

And what about all those other republicans who voted for those huge deficits?

And what about Reagan? The man you laud is also responsible for a large portion of the national debt. The only President who increased the national debt more than Reagan was bush*

I guess Reagan was also a progressive traitor:cuckoo:

Progressives are so fucking clueless on the economy and government.

1. Congress controls spending

2. Reagan was President not dictator, he did not control Congress

3. Bush and Delay were Big Spenders, just like Democrats

4. The only Congress to control spending was under Newt

Forum List

Back