SIAP:Apple announces plans to repatriate $350 billion in overseas cash, add 20,000 jobs in America

Idiot, you still do not get it, Apple will pay ZERO tax rate on profits that pay for these EXPENSES.

Apple doesn't build anything or hire anyone because they got a tax cut, they build it because they think it is good for their company.

And when were you the CEO of a major corporation, assclown?

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

Democrats are going to rue the day they voted against the tax cuts. lol

We also have this to celebrate.....
Dow surges 322 points, closes above 26,000 for first time

:2up:
Well I'm a dem a stock holder and had a great day Still despise trump, but not for this move. Wish Obama did it
It’s a damn shame obama wasn’t as smart as Trump.
Please lol it isn't close, Obama brilliant and a gentleman, Trump and idiot and an AH

Idiot, you still do not get it, Apple will pay ZERO tax rate on profits that pay for these EXPENSES.

Apple doesn't build anything or hire anyone because they got a tax cut, they build it because they think it is good for their company.

They said specifically said, "Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy in part because of the new tax law."

So it was a major factor in this decision. I realize it's bad news for a Marxist like you to see the successes of Capitalism in action, but do try to contain your flaming butt hurt.

HA! Way to be a total assclown - since when is being CEO a requirement to understand basic economics?

I'm also not an English teacher but I'm pretty sure "in part" DOES NOT mean "major factor".

They aren't going to put out a presser on this, but Apple's lobbying, like many other corporations spiked big time ahead of the tax reform and sure enough it was money well spent for them.

Game plan now is to be able to ride out the populist outrage and actually keep these low rates along with all the sweetheart deals long term.
I doubt there will be much of a problem keeping the low rates when all the foriegn money comes flooding in.

Yea yea, we are going to swim in our free lunches :rolleyes:

You have to be a special kind of moron to believe that high taxes are the way to make the economy grow.

You have to be a special kind of moron to believe that high taxes are the way to make the economy grow.
not high,,just their fair share ,,,no beating the taxman like trump has done for years

Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas cash, says it will 'contribute' $350 billion to the economy over 5 years

MORE BAD NEWS FOR PROGS.....APPLE REPATRIATING $350 BILLION.....that's alot of taxes at 21%.

Sorry the economy is doing well, Progs. It sucks, i know. More people working and those people keeping more fo their money is BAD FOR PROGS.

Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy.

The headline from Apple is that it will "contribute" $350 billion in the U.S. economy over the next five years, although it's unclear exactly how the company came to that number.

But the company did say promise to create 20,000 new jobs and a new campus thanks, in part, to the prospect of tax reform. It said it would spend over $30 billion in capital expenditures over the next five years.

It also said it anticipates a $38 billion tax bill for repatriated cash, as a result of the new tax bill. This implies it will bring back virtually all of its $250 billion in overseas cash.

Apple was very careful not to mention tax reform as the reason for this announcement or their plans. It’s hard to imagine that they would be repatriating the offshore profits without the tax reform but there are lots of good and valid reason for expanding US operations having nothing to do with the new tax reform package.

not high,,just their fair share ,,,no beating the taxman like trump has done for years
Whatever the current tax rate is, douchebag snowflakes like you want it to be higher. The old tax rate was disfunctional. Why do we even tax corporations at all? Do you think only rich people own stock? Everyone who has a 401K or a pension owns stock. Taxing corporations means you are screwing grandma.

You're an idiot.

Apple announces plans to repatriate billions in overseas cash, says it will 'contribute' $350 billion to the economy over 5 years

MORE BAD NEWS FOR PROGS.....APPLE REPATRIATING $350 BILLION.....that's alot of taxes at 21%.

Sorry the economy is doing well, Progs. It sucks, i know. More people working and those people keeping more fo their money is BAD FOR PROGS.

Apple on Wednesday made a slew of announcements about its investment in and contribution to the U.S. economy.

The headline from Apple is that it will "contribute" $350 billion in the U.S. economy over the next five years, although it's unclear exactly how the company came to that number.

But the company did say promise to create 20,000 new jobs and a new campus thanks, in part, to the prospect of tax reform. It said it would spend over $30 billion in capital expenditures over the next five years.

It also said it anticipates a $38 billion tax bill for repatriated cash, as a result of the new tax bill. This implies it will bring back virtually all of its $250 billion in overseas cash.

Apple was very careful not to mention tax reform as the reason for this announcement or their plans. It’s hard to imagine that they would be repatriating the offshore profits without the tax reform but there are lots of good and valid reason for expanding US operations having nothing to do with the new tax reform package.

Yeah, right. That's why they did it a few weeks after tax reform passed. What are these "good reasons" for repatriating overseas profits and paying 35% tax on them?

The corporate tax cuts will not only bring in more tax revenue, it’ll lower unemployment and welfare expenses.
This is something democrats can’t seem to understand.

They do understand it, and it's driving them crazy.

and they're paying 15,16 percent

The corporate tax cuts will not only bring in more tax revenue, it’ll lower unemployment and welfare expenses.

Democrats are already starting to question the sanity of their party. lol
I’ve talked with several who won’t be voting for them in the upcoming elections. :)

I’ve talked with several who won’t be voting for them in the upcoming elections. :)
When the economy is booming in 2020, do you imagine any of the Trump voters are going to choose some snowflake like Bernie of Kamila Harris?

When the economy is booming in 2020, do you imagine any of the Trump voters are going to choose some snowflake like Bernie of Kamila Harris?
I can see Trump being a two term president.

Democrats would rather burn and go to hell before voting for that drumph POS

Democrats would rather burn and go to hell before voting for that drumph POS
I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

If he gets his wall and ends chain migration, he is a shoe-in to win in 2020.

If he gets his wall and ends chain migration, he is a shoe-in to win in 2020.
I can see him getting help from the voters after the midterms. People aren’t happy with the resistance he’s been getting.

Forum List

Back