Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Hope he does a good job...
Shulkin confirmed to lead Dept. of Veterans Affairs

The Hill

Jordain Carney 4 hrs ago

AAmSpN9.img

The Senate unanimously confirmed David Shulkin to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs Monday evening, capping off a relatively drama-free confirmation for the Obama-era official.

Senators praised Shulkin from the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

"Although progress has been made in recent years there are still changes at the VA we need to address. ... I look forward to working with Dr. Shulkin on these matters," Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.)-the No. 2 Senate Democrat said.

"I believe he's the right person to head the VA today."

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) boasted about a trip Shulkin made to Maine, noting he had had a town meeting with constituents in her state.

"I was impressed and remain truly impressed with Dr. Shulkin's understanding of the needs of rural veterans of the challenges of providing healthcare in rural settings," she said. "Dr. Shulkin is an excellent nomination."

In a sign of how uncontroversial his nomination is considered, senators agreed to vote after only 10 minutes of debate, following a week of Democratic all-night talk-a-thons against some of Trump's more controversial nominees.

Shulkin cruised through his confirmation hearing, where he touched on the department's backlog of benefits appeals and holding VA employee accountable.

Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.)-the top Democrat on the committee-pointed to the committee's unanimous vote for Shulkin as a sign of the level of support he expected to see before the full Senate.

Shulkin confirmed to lead Dept. of Veterans Affairs

"Although progress has been made in recent years there are still changes at the VA we need to address"
Really because all I see is the same tired old shit

Forum List

Back