Show Me the Fossils!

Volcanos and floods can happen fast but did volcanos build the Himalayas? If not what did and how long did it take?

What created the Atlantic Ocean, Hawaiian Islands, and Alaskan exotic terrain and how long did they take

Plate tectonics and tectono stratigraphic terranes for your questions. And they are still being built.

But so far all you are doing is showing your ignorance because you have to keep moving goal posts

Plate tectonics. Spreading takes place at about as fast as your fingernails grow. The Atlantic has taken about 60 million years to form.

Or is there another theory that you can share?
thanks for your opinion,, now do you have any proof of that??

Try and be more clear then. What do you consider an 'opinion'? Plate tectonics? Sea floor spreading? Magnetic banding? Like swimming in the Atlantic, you can see all these for yourself.
what happened and how long it took,,

all youve given is opinions based on assumptions,,

what happened and how long it took,,

all youve given is opinions based on assumptions,,
The science of geology is founded on uniformitarianism, the present is the key to the past. That is an observation confirmed by many geologists over the past several centuries.

The Atlantic Ocean is opening by seafloor spreading from the Mid Atlantic Ridge at a rate of about 0.02 metres per year. This means that North America and Europe are moving away from each other at about the rate it takes for your fingernails to grow.

Based on the width of the Atlantic and confirmed by isotope dating and magnetic banding, the Atlantic is at least 145 million years old. That is based on observation and measurements NOT opinions based on assumptions.

The science of geology is founded on uniformitarianism, the present is the key to the past. That is an observation confirmed by many geologists over the past several centuries.

The Atlantic Ocean is opening by seafloor spreading from the Mid Atlantic Ridge at a rate of about 0.02 metres per year. This means that North America and Europe are moving away from each other at about the rate it takes for your fingernails to grow.

Based on the width of the Atlantic and confirmed by isotope dating and magnetic banding, the Atlantic is at least 145 million years old. That is based on observation and measurements NOT opinions based on assumptions.
not a single geologist has ever observed what happened in the past and can only give opinions based on assumptions of observing things in the present,,

and the idea that using the present as an example of the past is what makes it laughable,,,
the planet in its infancy is far different that what it is today,,

thanks for your opinion,, now do you have any proof of that??

Yes, we do. Both sides of the Mid Atlantic Ridge have matching magnetic reversals. It is quite simply a time stamp in the rock that we can use to measure the rate of spread and the time intervals for the pole reversals.

not a single geologist has ever observed what happened in the past and can only give opinions based on assumptions of observing things in the present,,

and the idea that using the present as an example of the past is what makes it laughable,,,

Yes, it is called the Principle of Uniformitarianism. The Earth is the same today, as it was billions of years ago. I will grant you that no one knows what the Earth was like when it formed, and for millions of years afterwards, but once it was set, the processes have remained constant.

Not a single geologist has any reason to believe the past was any different than the present. You are the one making assumptions based on your opinions/biases.

That is an opinion based on an assumption that is completely unsupported by any evidence.

Not a single geologist has any reason to believe the past was any different than the present. You are the one making assumptions based on your opinions/biases.

That is an opinion based on an assumption that is completely unsupported by any evidence.
so youve talked to every geologist that there is in the world,, that must have taken a long time to do,,

Yes, it is called the Principle of Uniformitarianism. The Earth is the same today, as it was billions of years ago. I will grant you that no one knows what the Earth was like when it formed, and for millions of years afterwards, but once it was set, the processes have remained constant.
you just said two different things,,

Thankfully there are geologic journals and the internet so it was not difficult. Have you found any geologists that doubt uniformitarianism?
so you were just making it up,,,

at least the creationist admit it all on faith,, your guys religion is just crazy people talking out your ass's,,

you just said two different things,,

Yes, I did, I stated what we can scientifically prove, and what we surmise based on observation.

However, the Earth when it was being formed CAN'T be observed. So, we have to make educated guesses based on physics, and geologic processes that exist now.

I can tell you without reservation that starting 4.2 billion years or so ago, the Earth began behaving like it does now.

I CAN'T tell you what it was like as it was forming, or for about 100 million years afterwards. We simply don't know. But we are honest enough to admit it.

so you were just making it up,,,

at least the creationist admit it all on faith,, your guys religion is just crazy people talking out your ass's,,

Geology isn't a religion. We can only report on what we can measure, and observe.

Yes, I did, I stated what we can scientifically prove, and what we surmise based on observation.

However, the Earth when it was being formed CAN'T be observed. So, we have to make educated guesses based on physics, and geologic processes that exist now.

I can tell you without reservation that starting 4.2 billion years or so ago, the Earth began behaving like it does now.

I CAN'T tell you what it was like as it was forming, or for about 100 million years afterwards. We simply don't know. But we are honest enough to admit it.
and it also cant be observed beyond written records,,,

Forum List

Back