SHOW me one developed first world nation that uses libertarian economics

Sorry, still don't see where your analogy is remotely applicable

But as a libertarian, can you point out a single state that has adopted libertarian values and has been successful? You have 50 to choose from
Can you point to a single nation on earth that has adopted libertarian values and is successfuL? You have close to 200 to choose from

As someone opposed to murder, can you point out a single state that has adopted anti-murder laws and has been successful in stopping all murder? You have 50 to choose from
Can you point to a single nation on earth that has adopted anti-murder values and is successfuL? You have close to 200 to choose from

For the third time, your analogy has no merit

We do not have any "anti-libertarian" laws. Libertarians are free to run in any state. If their theories are so appealing......Why has no country adopted them? Why has no state adopted them?

If ending murder is so appealing, why has no country done it? Why has no state done it?

As someone opposed to murder, can you point out a single state that has adopted anti-murder laws and has been successful in stopping all murder? You have 50 to choose from
Can you point to a single nation on earth that has adopted anti-murder values and is successfuL? You have close to 200 to choose from

We do not have any "anti-libertarian" laws. Libertarians are free to run in any state. If their theories are so appealing......Why has no country adopted them? Why has no state adopted them?

If ending murder is so appealing, why has no country done it? Why has no state done it?

Sorry...but it does not get better with age

analogy_police.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry...but it does not get better with age

analogy_police.jpg

Sounds to me as if he cannot answer your question .....

The United States used to be during the years of its greatest economic expansion. So I would say the USA. Now, since the communist insurgency of the 1960's that has changed, but we can only hope its not too late to save America from liberals who want to destroy it.

The United States used to be during the years of its greatest economic expansion. So I would say the USA. Now, since the communist insurgency of the 1960's that has changed, but we can only hope its not too late to save America from liberals who want to destroy it.

This was covered previously.

The U.S. circa 1880 was as close to Libertarian as anyone has been able to come up with.

And only folks who know absolutely nothing about history want to return to that.

The problem is that many Rightwingers are not smart enough to see past the emotional feelings they have when they think of the words "freedom" and "government". Their logic becomes very black and white and thus illogical.

Last edited:

The U.S. circa 1880 was as close to Libertarian as anyone has been able to come up with.

And only folks who know absolutely nothing about history want to return to that.

It's true no one wants to go back to living without antibiotics, the airplane, television, the automobile electricity, computers, yada, yada, yada.

No one has proposed doing that. However, abolishing the FDA doesn't mean abolishing penicillin. Abolishing DOT doesn't mean abolishing the automobile. Abolishing the Dept of Education doesn't mean abolishing education.

Your attempt to equate the two things is a pathetic argument. Millions of televisions aren't going to evaporate because Congress disbands the FCC.

The problem is that many Rightwingers are not smart enough to see past the emotional feelings they have when they think of the word "freedom". Their logic becomes very black and white and thus illogical.

Oh Puhleeze. Emotional arguments are the liberal stock in trade. What do you think turds like you are doing whenever you accuse your critics of "hate" because they point out the flaws in your agenda?

Last edited:
Sorry, still don't see where your analogy is remotely applicable

But as a libertarian, can you point out a single state that has adopted libertarian values and has been successful? You have 50 to choose from
Can you point to a single nation on earth that has adopted libertarian values and is successfuL? You have close to 200 to choose from

You may be cited by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for beating a dead horse.

Things have to be explained to dunces 100 times before it penetrates their skulls.

Libertarian economics does not exist. What is it? Libertarians for the most part subscribe to free market capitalism. For example Libertarians believe one should be able to sell his pot to anyone within the borders or outside the borders of America. LOL

Libertarian economics does not exist. What is it? Libertarians for the most part subscribe to free market capitalism. For example Libertarians believe one should be able to sell his pot to anyone within the borders or outside the borders of America. LOL

And then you give an example of libertarian economics.

SHOW me one developed first world nation that uses libertarian economics of super limited government without investment within its own borders. Maybe once you do, we can talk about if it is a good idea or not.

Show me....ONE..
-That doesn't Invest in tech outside of the private sector doing it for their own benefit.
-Doesn't have an Educational system that allows for a large percentage of the population to be educated. Yes, you either have a shit load of money to send your children to private or you don't get it..
-No regulations on the business sector and monopolies' are welcome.
-Doesn't allow science institutions for the benefit of the nation. Want warning? Pay a private corp for it or you're out of luck.
-Allows a monopoly to pave the roads and charge as much as it damn well wishes.
-That allows slave labor or child labor. You see there's no federal laws and businesses shouldn't be regulated, you say.:eusa_silenced:
-Environmental laws that demand that we don't fuck up the air or water. India or china you could say, but I wouldn't say they're first world in that area.:eek:

Show me one with a federal government that sit there with its finger up its ass looking at a wall. One with at least $20,000/year per capita for the common man would be a good clue on what I am talking about. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The closest if memory serves would be Hong Kong before China took over and Singapore.

Which countries recovered quickly?

USA 1921-1928

The Roaring Twenties

Hoover and FDR went Keynesian and gave us a Depression worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

It does not seem to dent your theory about Hoover and FDR that the 1930's depression was a worldwide event?

No, because the Depression was monumentally less severe in every other country and recovery happened much sooner.
Oops.

So, let's see: We're $17 trillion in debt and counting, running huge deficits, and have had weak growth for years--and you think Keynesian economic theory works?

There are a number of states that have used some libertarian principles and have done very well by doing so.

It's just common sense: Let people keep more of their money. Limit government spending to tax revenue. Not only balance the budget but start to build up a reserve fund. Reduce waste and duplication as much as possible. Allow the free market to work and only impose regulations that make sense and that do not needlessly hinder economic growth.

If both chambers of Congress would work together, guess what: things would work.

1880's saw Andrew Carnegie perfect production of the steel that would build America...states still had power and were ending child labor...women could vote in almost every state...Blacks could vote in almost every state...US victorious in war with Spain and for first time since Civil War the nation was united again...people went to church and nobody was getting divorced...immigrants came to US legally and were needed. So what was so bad about it?

And then you give an example of libertarian economics.

Libertarian economics are simply the logical corollary of libertarian ethics.

Forum List

Back