Shouldn't we all feel a little sorry for Jefferson Beauragard Sessions, III?

Trump needed to light a fire under his ass. I love Sessions. He's the doppleganger of the Keebler Elf; who couldn't love the guy.

BUT man oh man has he ever dropped the ball on several fronts.

#1 Leakers. A crime. No investigations.

#2 Comey/Loretta Lynch. Feinstein started an investigation. Now ditto the House. Not the DOJ.

#3 the DNC/Ukrainian collusion. Grassley started an investigation and had to send a letter to DOJ to find out what they were doing about it.

#4 here's a BIGGIE. The DOJ leaving the mega IT scandal in the hands of the Capitol Police.

I could go on and on but I'm only on my first coffee.

A LEADER calls the person into their office and chews them out. They do NOT publicly humiliate their subordinate and avoid confronting them face to face. That's Leadership 101, retard.

Trump is a coward. A yellow belly. A chickenshit.

And I'll put you down as one of the ones so far gone around the bend for the New York huckster that you shit even on a man like Sessions.

alabama.jpg

:lmao:

As compared to the Clintons who just have people killed.
Ahhhhh...the old standby when cornered.

"B-b-b-b-but Clinton!"

What a pathetic submissive you are!

You are just a parrot of pre-recorded messages.

Look in the mirror g5000. All you do daily is regurgitate talking points. I actually visit TPM and MM and other websites before I come here to see what you are going to barf up today at USMB.

:lol:

Loser. You need to get over your butt hurt that Hillary isn't President.
You visit TPM and MM (no idea what those are) to find out what I'm going to say today?

Pretending that is true...wow! I am flattered you take such an interest in me!

Ah mean here he was the beloved crazy ass racist uncle in the Senate, who couldn't really do much damage, beyond nearly giving himself and the Turtle a damn stroke when Obama nominated a Roman Catholic Puetro Rican woman, never married and raised by a widowed mamasita, and now he finds himself working fer a insecure sociopath who views taking a morning dump as an issue of national interest, ah mean who saw that coming?

Donald Trump says White House staff are fighting over who loves him the most

I keep seeing him called a racist without any actual proof.

I thought it was just common knowledge. Jeffry was sooo racist that even in the 80s he was too racist to make a fed judge . In the 80s!!!

Ah mean here he was the beloved crazy ass racist uncle in the Senate, who couldn't really do much damage, beyond nearly giving himself and the Turtle a damn stroke when Obama nominated a Roman Catholic Puetro Rican woman, never married and raised by a widowed mamasita, and now he finds himself working fer a insecure sociopath who views taking a morning dump as an issue of national interest, ah mean who saw that coming?

I thought it was just common knowledge. Jeffry was sooo racist that even in the 80s he was too racist to make a fed judge . In the 80s!!!

"Common knowledge" is a term used by people with nothing to back their bullshit up,

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the Thoid is going to be a great Attoiney General sir. However, this man somehow lost his better southern sense when he recused himself from a Russia investigation that is going nowhere, and allowing a partisan Washington DC insider to become Special Prosecuta to an investigation to nowhere. Now all this unsavory character Muella shall do is go afta our good and honorable President Donald John Trump.

Back it up. Or shut the fuck up.

I feel sorry for him. At least to the extent that I try not to celebrating anybody's mistake or misfortune. He gave up a Senate seat to take this job, that's a lot to give up especially if this doesn't work out for him.

"Common knowledge" is a term used by people with nothing to back their bullshit up,

If I go find some links, will that make you happy ?

Despite his racist past, Jeff Sessions confirmed as attorney general

Sessions was up for a federal judgeship in 1986, Coretta Scott King — the late widow of Martin Luther King, Jr. — beggedthe Senate Judiciary Committee to vote against his appointment. Senators on both sides of the aisle ultimately considered him too racist for the job, based on his disparaging comments about African Americans. He reportedly said the NAACP and ACLU were “Communist-inspired” and “un-American,” called one of his black staff members “boy,” and joked that the worst thing about the KKK was its marijuana-smoking members.

In general I like Sessions. He just needs to remember that the point of every cabinet member is to uphold the ideals of the POTUS relative to their department.

Feel sorry for Sessions are you kidding me? Look, if you interview for a job and intentionally fail to disclose a serious issue that will create a shit storm distraction for the president who's just trying to get his presidency up and running, then you begin the process of recusing yourself due to that issue within hours of being sworn in...that gets your ass FIRED in the real world. Good grief enough with the poor Sessions bullshit.
Sessions HAD TO RECUSE HIMSELF, he had no choice, it was against the law if he had not.

And there is no way that Sessionscould have known that the Russian investigation would have turned out the way it is...

Only due to WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE....by firing the acting AG, and firing Comey, and lying about Obama wire tapping him, and lying about Susan rice and leaking, and threatening to fire anyone that is investigating the Russians, etc etc etc etc....

Trump has caused a nothing burger to become one that is 'all the way' or 'with the works' and he's blaming Sessions (and everyone else around him), for following his oath of office and the law....imo.

President Trump has something MAJOR to hide, and he wears this on his coat sleeve, daily.

you can't get more bizarre!

If I go find some links, will that make you happy ?

Despite his racist past, Jeff Sessions confirmed as attorney general

Sessions was up for a federal judgeship in 1986, Coretta Scott King — the late widow of Martin Luther King, Jr. — beggedthe Senate Judiciary Committee to vote against his appointment. Senators on both sides of the aisle ultimately considered him too racist for the job, based on his disparaging comments about African Americans. He reportedly said the NAACP and ACLU were “Communist-inspired” and “un-American,” called one of his black staff members “boy,” and joked that the worst thing about the KKK was its marijuana-smoking members.

You provide a link with a "begging the question" title from think progress and you expect me to believe the information contained within?

The wikipedia article:

At Sessions's confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, four Department of Justice lawyers who had worked with Sessions testified that he made racially offensive remarks. One of those lawyers, J. Gerald Hebert, testified that Sessions had referred to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) as "un-American" and "Communist-inspired" (Sessions said he was referring to their support of the Sandinistas[22]) and that they did more harm than good by trying to force civil rights "down the throats of people".[23] Hebert, a civil rights lawyer,[24] said that he did not consider Sessions a racist, and that Sessions "has a tendency sometimes to just say something, and I believe these comments were along that vein".[25] Hebert also said that Sessions had called a white civil rights attorney "maybe" a "disgrace to his race". Sessions said he did not recall making that remark and he did not believe it.[22]

Thomas Figures, a black Assistant U.S. Attorney, testified that Sessions said he thought the Ku Klux Klan was "OK until I found out they smoked pot". Sessions later said that the comment was not serious, but did apologize for it, saying that he considered the Klan to be "a force for hatred and bigotry".[26] Barry Kowalski, a prosecutor in the civil rights division, also heard the remark and testified that prosecutors working such a gruesome case sometimes "resort to operating room humor and that is what I considered it to be". Another DOJ lawyer, Albert Glenn, said, "It never occurred to me that there was any seriousness to it."[27][22][25][26] Figures testified that on one occasion, when the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division sent the office instructions to investigate a case that Sessions had tried to close, Figures and Sessions "had a very spirited discussion regarding how the Hodge case should then be handled; in the course of that argument, Mr. Sessions threw the file on a table, and remarked, 'I wish I could decline on all of them'", by which Figures said Sessions meant civil rights cases generally. Kowalski, however, testified that he believed "[Sessions] was eager to see that justice was done in the area of criminal civil rights prosecutions."[27]

Figures also said that Sessions had called him "boy", which Sessions denied. Figures testified that two assistant prosecutors had also heard Sessions, including current federal judge Ginny Granade. Granade denied this.[19][28] He also testified that "Mr. Sessions admonished me to 'be careful what you say to white folks'." Sessions denied this.[29] In 1992, Figures was charged with attempting to bribe a witness by offering $50,000 to a convicted drug dealer who was to testify against his client. Figures claimed the charge was retaliation for his role in blocking the Sessions nomination. Sessions denied this, saying that he recused himself from the case. Figures was ultimately acquitted.[30][31][32]

Hebert, Kowalski and Daniel Bell, deputy chief of the criminal section in the Civil Rights Division, testified that they considered Sessions to have been more welcoming to the work of the Civil Rights Division than many other Southern US Attorneys at the time.[22][25]Sessions has always defended his civil rights record, saying that "when I was [a U.S. Attorney], I signed 10 pleadings attacking segregation or the remnants of segregation, where we as part of the Department of Justice, we sought desegregation remedies".[33] Critics later argued that Sessions had exaggerated his involvement in civil rights cases. Michigan Law professor Samuel Bagenstos, reviewing Sessions's claims, argued that "[a]ll this shows is that Sessions didn't completely refuse to participate in or have his name on pleadings in cases that the civil rights division brought during his tenure ... These four cases are awfully weak evidence of Sessions's supposed commitment to civil rights."[34]

Coretta Scott King, the widow of Martin Luther King Jr. wrote to the Senate Judiciary Committee to oppose the nomination. In her letter, she wrote that "Mr. Sessions has used the awesome powers of his office in a shabby attempt to intimidate and frighten elderly black voters."[35]

On June 5, 1986, the Committee voted 10–8 against recommending the nomination to the Senate floor, with Republican Senators Charles Mathias of Maryland and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania voting with the Democrats. It then split 9–9 on a vote to send Sessions's nomination to the Senate floor with no recommendation, this time with Specter in support. A majority was required for the nomination to proceed.[36] The pivotal votes against Sessions came from his home state's Democratic Senator Howell Heflin of Alabama. Although Heflin had previously backed Sessions, he began to oppose Sessions after hearing testimony, concluding that there were "reasonable doubts" over Sessions's ability to be "fair and impartial". The nomination was withdrawn on July 31, 1986.[21]

Sessions became only the second nominee to the federal judiciary in 48 years whose nomination was killed by the Senate Judiciary Committee.[26] He was quoted then as saying that the Senate on occasion had been insensitive to the rights and reputation of nominees.[37] A law clerk from the U.S. District Court in Mobile who had worked with Sessions later acknowledged the confirmation controversy, but stated that he observed Sessions as "a lawyer of the highest ethical and intellectual standards".[38]

When Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania left the GOP to join the Democratic Party on April 28, 2009, Sessions was selected to be the Ranking Member on the Senate Judiciary Committee. At that time, Specter said that his vote against Sessions's nomination was a mistake, because he had "since found that Sen. Sessions is egalitarian".[39]

Jeff Sessions - Wikipedia

so you can take your Thinkprogress cherrypicking article and cram it up your ass.

Forum List

Back