Seriously, for a moment, what do you think about Gop conference committee hammering out Healthcare

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
for all of us? That's where this is heading. The senate will pass bill that just repeals the individual mandate, and refer that to the House. The House will then request a conference to negotiate a compromise beteween that and it's own bill described by Trump as "mean." A conference committee of gopers from the House and Senate will draft a unified bill. That bill will be given an up or down vote by both the House and the Senate.

No democratic input. A republican bill. Is that what we want?

for all of us? That's where this is heading. The senate will pass bill that just repeals the individual mandate, and refer that to the House. The House will then request a conference to negotiate a compromise beteween that and it's own bill described by Trump as "mean." A conference committee of gopers from the House and Senate will draft a unified bill. That bill will be given an up or down vote by both the House and the Senate.

Sure....which Democrats are willing to get involved?

Actually Schumer said they were refusing to help with it.
Saw it come from his own lips.

Chuck Schumer: Democrats refuse to offer amendments until final Obamacare repeal bill revealed
That's not on point. McCain argued the whole shebang should go back to a Senate committee and legislation drafted without precondition. Is that the right way, or is it better to send a committee of gop senators to reconcile a bill passed by the gop in the House that was called "Mean," by Trump? There are pros and cons.

Considering that's how Obamacare was passed in the first place, payback is a bitch.

Lets figure out the best way to work out unconstitutional actions!

Considering that's how Obamacare was passed in the first place, payback is a bitch.
Oh that's sweet Marty. I thought the goal was to improve things, not payback. But you certainly illustrate why gummit is broken

The skinny is only repealing the individual, employer mandates and sun tanning tax.

If this is what you all want don't blame anyone except yourself and legislator when your rates topple 50% by 2019.

Oh that's sweet Marty. I thought the goal was to improve things, not payback. But you certainly illustrate why gummit is broken

Getting Obamacare repealed will improve things, doing it the same way it got passed is just poetic icing on the cake.

I came for the repeal, I stayed for the poetic justice.

Getting Obamacare repealed will improve things, doing it the same way it got passed is just poetic icing on the cake.

But the senate getting to conference IS NOT ABOUT REPEALING OBAMACARE. JFC

I'll take a partial repeal. As Dems said, we have to pass it to see what's in it.

Would government politicians be willing to hand over the whole healthcare issue to a independent council of experts on healthcare, keeping their greedy paws off? Hell no, you are talking about control of 1/6th of the US economy THAT'S why the politicians are drooling on themselves.

I'll take a partial repeal. As Dems said, we have to pass it to see what's in it.
My own preference is that I don't want to be in the same pool as people who don't want jobs, so I want to avoid single payer. However, we've already lumped in people who don't work with people who do work but don't earn much and with kids with disabilities and workers who were injured, and that sucks.

But the gop is about to do entitlement reform without input from the other party. That is not how the Founders viewed doing legislation. Of course the founders never envisioned entillements.

But the gop is going to cut Medicaid and taxes on the 1%. I don't think that's politically wise. But McConnell is gambling on coming up with something his party can run on in 18 and 20.

Forum List

Back