Should you need an ID to get a driver's license AND to vote?

Should voters be required to show a photo ID?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
More than 24 million voter-registration records in the United States— about one in eight — are inaccurate, out-of-date or duplicates. Nearly 2.8 million people are registered in two or more states, and perhaps 1.8 million registered voters are dead.

So should states require a photo ID to vote?

When my boy got his driver's license, he was was also registered to vote. You can do both at once here in Oregon.

Of course he can't vote until Nov, but he is registered. That bothered me a lot and he had to show me the stub.

More than 24 million voter-registration records in the United States— about one in eight — are inaccurate, out-of-date or duplicates. Nearly 2.8 million people are registered in two or more states, and perhaps 1.8 million registered voters are dead.

Did you ever stop to wonder how they know 1.8 million registered voters are dead?

And if they know this, don't you think it would be a helluva lot smarter to just clean those dead people off the registered voters' lists?

Did you ever stop to wonder how they know 1.8 million registered voters are dead?

And if they know this, don't you think it would be a helluva lot smarter to just clean those dead people off the registered voters' lists?

And listen to you whine about purging the rolls?

Not unless the stat is going to supply it absolutely free of charge. Otherwise, it's effectively a poll tax.

And I suppose you want free transportation to get it, free makeup to make you look better, etc??

Hell.. why not free passports too??

Because travel isn't a right. Voting is.

And yes, the state would also have to absorb any costs associated with logistics.

And listen to you whine about purging the rolls?

Why would I whine about deleting dead people?

The only whining I hear is bitching and moaning about a problem that does not exist. Every single "voter ID" argument is easily solved by fixing voter registration and does not require new entities.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

It would be smartest to remove the dead people from the list and require a photo ID.

Because the ID would prevent people from possibly voting in multiple locations, and any illegal aliens trying to vote.

It would be smartest to remove the dead people from the list and require a photo ID.

Because the ID would prevent people from possibly voting in multiple locations, and any illegal aliens trying to vote.

Except for that pesky fact that Liberal run States are allowing illegals to get drivers licenses.

Not unless the stat is going to supply it absolutely free of charge. Otherwise, it's effectively a poll tax.

And I suppose you want free transportation to get it, free makeup to make you look better, etc??

And yes, the state would also have to absorb any costs associated with logistics.

Bearing arms is also a right. Does that mean I can just show up at a government building and demand arms?

And how, exactly, would illegal aliens be able to vote if they are not on the voter registration lists?

And how would people be able to vote in multiple locations if they are only registered in one district?

Last edited:

Bearing arms is also a right. Does that mean I can just show up at a government building and demand arms?

And you need a background check if you buy a handgun. Why aren't the lefties all over that one?

Non sequitur.

Purchasing firearms is an action between citizens and private entities. Only the government can administer elections.

And you need a background check if you buy a handgun. Why aren't the lefties all over that one?

Because Left and Right are both very particular about which rights they defend and which ones they couldn't care less about.

Voting is a right provided you meet a few requirements. Do you propose that we vote on the honor system?

And how, exactly, would illegal aliens be able to vote if they are not on the voter registration lists?

Illegal aliens could register under fake names. A state issued ID would prevent this, because they would have to provide supporting documents to prove their identities.

And how would people be able to vote in multiple locations if they are only registered in one district?

As was seen in the ACORN scandals, they got people to register numerous times so that the people getting the cards filled out could increase their pay. A photo ID would have an address on it, so a person with multiple cards could only vote in the polling place for the address on their ID.

Answers in blue above.

Exactly

There is a cost associated with me exercising that right... I don't just get a free weapon because I have the right to carry a weapon... I pay for it, pay for the materials to build it, pay for the process to obtain or register it, etc... the MINISCULE cost of obtaining an ID (which most everyone obtains anyway) would be no different than a paperwork fee for gun ownership

Can anyone prove they are a legal citizen and therefore entitled to vote without some form of ID?

Non sequitur.

Purchasing firearms is an action between citizens and private entities. Only the government can administer elections.

Only government can license arms dealers and transactions. Purchasing firearms is an action between citizens and quasi-government entities consisting of private individuals acting on behalf of government. Pretty much exactly what an election is.

Forum List

Back