Should we update the constitution?

The moral fabric of the nation has been destroyed...thus America is being destroyed.
When has this country been more "moral" than we are today? Who's morals are you referring to?
It gets worse every year. Teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, drug addicts, legitimization of homosexuality, crime...the list goes on. Look back some years, the moral fabric of this nation was tight until the hippies took over.
Some of those are the result of more freedom but I would rather have more freedom than less freedom. What's wrong with the "legitimization of homosexuality"? How does that "legitimization" hurt you ? What percent of our society are homosexuals and how does that hurts us? Homosexuality is not a new phenomenon.
Legitimizing poor behavior is never good...it excuses poor and detrimental behavior.
The so-called "moral fabric" of our society was NOT tight before the "hippies took over" , they had laws delegating people as second class citizens based solely on the color of their skin. That's hardly "moral" and the people who were inflicting those injustices were Christians who went to Church every Sunday and preached the "Gospel of Love" while they inflicted their oppression and brutality on "those people".

Sure it was. You are trying to blur the issue by using race relations as the sole definition of 'moral fabric'. It is another discussion in itself. The fact of the matter is that America's moral compass no longer points North. Much of that reason being the assault on Christianit.
LOL, no I am not, I am just showing the whole picture instead of just a handpicked "rosy" one. Facts are facts;enslaving Africans, putting Native Americans on reservations and slaughtering them, interning innocent Japanese Americans, creating the Black Codes and thus Jim Crow, anti-miscegenation laws, poll taxes, etc. was HARDLY a "moral" time in Our country.

The moral fabric of the nation has been destroyed...thus America is being destroyed.
When has this country been more "moral" than we are today? Who's morals are you referring to?
It gets worse every year. Teen pregnancies, unwed mothers, drug addicts, legitimization of homosexuality, crime...the list goes on. Look back some years, the moral fabric of this nation was tight until the hippies took over.
Some of those are the result of more freedom but I would rather have more freedom than less freedom. What's wrong with the "legitimization of homosexuality"? How does that "legitimization" hurt you ? What percent of our society are homosexuals and how does that hurts us? Homosexuality is not a new phenomenon.
Legitimizing poor behavior is never good...it excuses poor and detrimental behavior.
The so-called "moral fabric" of our society was NOT tight before the "hippies took over" , they had laws delegating people as second class citizens based solely on the color of their skin. That's hardly "moral" and the people who were inflicting those injustices were Christians who went to Church every Sunday and preached the "Gospel of Love" while they inflicted their oppression and brutality on "those people".

Sure it was. You are trying to blur the issue by using race relations as the sole definition of 'moral fabric'. It is another discussion in itself. The fact of the matter is that America's moral compass no longer points North. Much of that reason being the assault on Christianit.
LOL, no I am not, I am just showing the whole picture instead of just a handpicked "rosy" one. Facts are facts;enslaving Africans, putting Native Americans on reservations and slaughtering them, interning innocent Japanese Americans, creating the Black Codes and thus Jim Crow, anti-miscegenation laws, poll taxes, etc. was HARDLY a "moral" time in Our country.
It was a time of growth and does not define morality. Hate, racism and discrimination wasn't invented by Christians, Americans, white or black. Its existence doesn't define morality.

A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?

You really are an idiot. Go ahead yell help police and see if they arrive in time to save you from a murderous rapist thug who just broke into your house. Consider moving to Canada or North Korea we don't need your kind here in America.

A lot of the laws and rights that were originally included in the constitution were written in colonial America's mindset. We no longer need everyone and there mom, grandmother and 2nd cousin bearing arms. That's what the police/ military is for. I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people. We need to re write the constitution with today's issues in mind. What do you think?
Holy shit.....I've been around the block a few times and to be honest I have not seen anything on this level of absurdity in my adult life.

I think we need a update to high light the governments ability to invest in its own country!
How so? BTW government does not "invest".....It merely taxes and spends....Investment is a term used to define a positive return on the initial investment.
The $9 trillion and growing federal deficit is proof positive that our so called investments are not panning out....

And just who would you have rewrite it? My guess is everyone who says rewrite it would only want people who shared their political and social views doing it. I'm betting no one on the left would want a Ted Cruz being a part of the rewrite and no one on the right would want an Elizabeth Warren involved in it.

I think freedom of speech is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't have the right to offend people

You really are against the right to offend? And what are these offenses? And what are the penalties for said offenses supposed to be? And how is it freedom of speech if you're going to put extreme limitations upon speech?

I think you should move to Europe. England is a good place for people who think like you do.

The Constitution has been changed through amendments, court cases, usage, laws and other means. If all goes well it will continue to be changed. If people believe it will be changed back to 1789 they may be wrong. America, the Constitution, our way of life and all about us continues to be more liberal. Too liberal for some, not liberal enough for some and pretty close to just right for others.

"and other means" is correct.

By nominating scumbags to the federal bench who have never read or heard of the US Constitution (1787).

To be a judge on the Supreme Court one is not required to have read or even heard of the Constitution, nor to have been to law school or a lawyer. That's the job of the president and the Senate.

A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
Unless of course it was controlled by democrats, correct?

I don't think you understand the concept of a Constitutional Convention, but no - it would be just as bad if not worse if it was "controlled" by Democrats.

A new Constitutional Convention would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to this country.
I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why can't Americans speak any language they choose?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

I agree with the Pelosi comment.

No one is claiming there would be no freedom of religion. Only that christianity be protected on a equal footing as are other more politically correct religions. You would still be free to believe as you wish....
English SHOULD be our official language. English is after all the universal language of international commerce, of aviation, of science etc. Even developing nations require students to learn English in school.
Language is a common bond to culture. And no nation can survive without a common language and a dominant culture to adhere society together.
Now, this in no way states that it would be unlawful or even socially unacceptable to speak a language other than English...Having English as an official language does two things. It mandates all commerce and any business with government be conducted in English...It also ensures a public education requires the teaching of English to all students.

I don't think anything should necessarily be changed. Perhaps declaring the US to be a Christian country. Banning gay marriage. Making English the official language. Make flag burning a crime.

But in the end...a Constitutional Convention would cause more uproar than anything. Could you imagine a media blackout while Nancy Pelosi and her ilk try to take away guns and free speech? Or Ted Cruz trying to turn the US into canada?

WHy should the US be declared in Christian country? Don't we atheists have rights? Why should Constitutional law be intertwined with ecclesiastical law?

Why should flag burning be a crime, specially when the flag no longer represents a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

No one is claiming there would be no freedom of religion. Only that christianity be protected on a equal footing as are other more politically correct religions. You would still be free to believe as you wish....
English SHOULD be our official language. English is after all the universal language of international commerce, of aviation, of science etc. Even developing nations require students to learn English in school.
Language is a common bond to culture. And no nation can survive without a common language and a dominant culture to adhere society together.
Now, this in no way states that it would be unlawful or even socially unacceptable to speak a language other than English...Having English as an official language does two things. It mandates all commerce and any business with government be conducted in English...It also ensures a public education requires the teaching of English to all students.
well said

How would declaring the US a "Christian nation" put Christianity on "tthe same footing" as other religions?

You really are an idiot. Go ahead yell help police and see if they arrive in time to save you from a murderous rapist thug who just broke into your house. Consider moving to Canada or North Korea we don't need your kind here in America.

That is INCORRECT.

"COMMON LAW WAS NOT ADOPTED NOR INCORPORATED INTO THE US CONSTITUTION"

The Constitution has been changed through amendments, court cases, usage, laws and other means. If all goes well it will continue to be changed. If people believe it will be changed back to 1789 they may be wrong. America, the Constitution, our way of life and all about us continues to be more liberal. Too liberal for some, not liberal enough for some and pretty close to just right for others.

"and other means" is correct.

By nominating scumbags to the federal bench who have never read or heard of the US Constitution (1787).

To be a judge on the Supreme Court one is not required to have read or even heard of the Constitution, nor to have been to law school or a lawyer. That's the job of the president and the Senate.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

Well, in that case they have done a great job nominating SOTUS "Justices"

I think we need a update to high light the governments ability to invest in its own country!

Right, because they can spend our money so much more efficiently than we can. LMAO

A state can build a road for less than half of what it cost us with the feds, but heaven forbid they leave the money in the states where it can do much more.

The problem with a Constitutional Convention is that there are people out there that think like this person.

Any amendment would require ratification by the States and there are enough conservative States to block really stupid shit.

Forum List

Back