Should we switch to a herd immunity plan?

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
The uncomfortable truth is that this is really the only option . The “good” part is that covid ain’t bad if you aren’t elderly or have immune issues, or unhealthy . Let’s protect them .

For the rest of us? Summer is a good time to get the sickness . We can’t hide from this .

The uncomfortable truth is that this is really the only option . The “good” part is that covid ain’t bad if you aren’t elderly or have immune issues, or unhealthy . Let’s protect them .

For the rest of us? Summer is a good time to get the sickness . We can’t hide from this .
Wow Tim. I'm am astounded. Really proud of you.

I thought you lacked all ability to form an independent thought of your own.

I apologize. I was wrong about you.

Wow Tim. I'm am astounded. Really proud of you.

I thought you lacked all ability to form an independent thought of your own.

I apologize. I was wrong about you.
I agree. This is not one of our brightest bulbs.

A reasoned and lucid argument from a lefty....

giphy.gif

How about you get it and then tell me how bad it was. Jus sayin. And what of those of us who have immune "issues?"

How about you get it and then tell me how bad it was. Jus sayin. And what of those of us who have immune "issues?"
Stay home and cower under the bed.

Many of us may have well had it and not even known....I had a really weird cold in February, before all this foolishness started.....Could have been the covid.

The point of herd immunity is that the virus has fewer places to land among the healthy population, to the point that it dies off faster, making vulnerable people a lot less so and for a shorter time span.

Stay home.

Herd immunity would be a good idea, but the problem with that is that people who have caught it once, have managed to catch it again.

I read an article a few days ago that the EARLY Covid, the one that struck China and spread to Europe, then here, MUTATED and by March it was the "New Covid." Maybe the ones catching it "again" were actually infected by Covid #1, then caught Covid #2.

Either that or we don't build an immunity to this one.

Should we switch to a herd immunity plan?
Is that what 'minority' groups are doing?

Herd immunity would be a good idea, but the problem with that is that people who have caught it once, have managed to catch it again.

If you actually read the article, they are not sure about that.

"Health officials in South Korea say it’s unlikely these patients got reinfected with COVID-19 a second time since they’re testing positive for a second time so soon, but rather that some people with COVID-19 may be experiencing a viral reactivation.

Health experts in the United States don’t think a reactivation of COVID-19 is likely since we’ve never observed viral reactivation in other coronaviruses.

It could very well be that the virus never left their system. It lingered, and they were never fully cured of the disease, and that’s what the subsequent COVID-19 tests are catching."

Forum List

Back