Should we switch to a herd immunity plan?

The uncomfortable truth is that this is really the only option . The “good” part is that covid ain’t bad if you aren’t elderly or have immune issues, or unhealthy . Let’s protect them .

For the rest of us? Summer is a good time to get the sickness . We can’t hide from this .
How about you get it and then tell me how bad it was. Jus sayin. And what of those of us who have immune "issues?"
Many of us may have well had it and not even known....I had a really weird cold in February, before all this foolishness started.....Could have been the covid.

The point of herd immunity is that the virus has fewer places to land among the healthy population, to the point that it dies off faster, making vulnerable people a lot less so and for a shorter time span.
It works, but because Trump suppresses testingSTILL to avoid numbers of cases, we are going to have more deaths than necessary. And the gay caviller attitude of the Trumpanzees towards people who can live healthy and productive lives with things like Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis is not what society should be based on.

Opening up is the only option, but it's not "so much winning."
The young and the healthy wanting to get on with their lives doesn't automatically equal a cavalier attitude toward the vulnerable....This is the whole problem with the phony contrived either/or arguments being proffered by those intent on keeping us at each others throats.

Ever given a moment of thought to the proposition that we can have thriving economic conditions AND care for those who are most at risk?
it is cavilar to discard the criticism of Trump's intentional prevention of the US having the testing capacity. We are NOt caring for those at risk. That's the point. We have no choice but to open up despite the fact that people will be exposed to the infected who would not be exposed with competent testing. You Trumpturds are cheering as the fat fuck throws people under the bus is what I cavalier
Huh?....Who are the turds that sent infected people back into nursing homes and killed off hundreds?...Was that Trump or was it Cuomo and Baker?....Cavalier attitudes indeed.

And testing isn't a cure-all, especially in light of the fact that there are millions of people walking around who've been exposed and not even known it....Why do you have such a hard-on for testing?

Herd immunity would be a good idea, but the problem with that is that people who have caught it once, have managed to catch it again.

Then we need to stay home forever because it will be with us for many years into the future. Possibly 100 plus years.

No, we just need to be smart about how we open things up, and when the vaccine finally comes around, get everyone vaccinated.

Until the next virus and we go into to shutdown mode. I don't think this is the last time and I believe it will happen again in the next 3-5 years. It is where we are headed. We can all relax and go with the flow.

If Trump just reiterates what his medical experts tell him, then why is he constantly disagreeing with Dr. Fauci?
Fauci is wrong, Trump is right.

You know, we're gonna be able to see who was right in about 2 weeks or so. If there is a spike? Fauci was right. If there isn't a spike? Trump was right.

The next 2 weeks are gonna determine who is right.

Didn't Georgia already do that?

The Chinese are never to be trusted with their reporting. They are only looking out for themselves and not the world.

Racist.

Not one liberal on this site has ever blamed China.

Not one. It’s Trump’s fault. Not China.

I blame China for being dishonest.

Trump also shouldn't have minimized the seriousness of this virus.

Trump takes advice from his medical staff. He only reiterates what they tell him. So who on the left was ahead of the curve?

If Trump just reiterates what his medical experts tell him, then why is he constantly disagreeing with Dr. Fauci?

He may disagree with him on petty things, but most of the disagreements never took place. They were either manufactured, or attempted to be manufactured by the MSM.

Like I said, manufactured by the commies at MSM.

Trump tweeted it. MSM reported it.

I'm talking prior to that in the Fauci interview. It was a baited question. They wanted to make it look as if Trump responded too late. Then they reported it that way. That's why Fauci had to go to the address and straighten out what he said as well as what he meant.

The MSM would have never dreamt up a question like that for Hussein, Hillary or Creepy Joe. Only President Trump.

"I'm talking prior to that in the Fauci interview." Well, I'm not.

Trump tweeted it. The MSM reported it. Simple as that.

Only because Trump (like many of the MSM audience) thought Fauci was blaming him when that was the furthest thing he did.

Forum List

Back