Should we rebuild the Twin Towers?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
I know we won't, but I wish we would. I'd like your opinions.

Do you all get a weird feeling when you're watching old shows or movies, with the Towers in the setting or background.

How things changed that fateful day.

I think it would be cool to see them again.

What are they planning to put there? I just saw the tail end of Geraldo talking about something but missed what it was. I know they changed the name from "Freedom something" to "One World Trade Center" and some people were upset about the name change. I'm assuming it's a memorial. I always thought that on memorials you named them after what was being memorialized so the name change makes sense to me. I'd just call it 'WTC', rather than 'OWTC'.

Should we rebuild them? I don't know -- I wouldn't work in them. If they destroyed them once, they can do it again.

• Banned
One tower and four other buildings. The tower is 1776 feet but only 75 stories. The rest is all glass. The original footprints where the old towers stood will have waterfalls inside them.

Last edited:
no, i don't think we should. the twin towers were destroyed. if you want to build something new, then build something new, e.g., different.

you also have to consider the reality, if you build the same towers again, that is just a bit creepy. imagine being a tenant in those buildings....

I know we won't, but I wish we would. I'd like your opinions.

never never never never never never never never

it would be like putting a big target in downtown manhattan. was bad enough here the first time..

what do you think of what they are putting there?

If they put a memorial of any sort there, it's be a bigger bullseye than rebuilding the same thing ... people just really don't understand what terrorism is these days.

this
wtc1.jpg

is what i would like to see built there

Do you all get a weird feeling when you're watching old shows or movies, with the Towers in the setting or background.

How things changed that fateful day.

I think it would be cool to see them again.
Yes.

This week I just bought the third season of 'Barney Miller' on DVD, every episode opens with a shot of the towers.

Whoever owns the property should build whatever they please.

You mean Larry Silverstein ? The guy who bought the twins in 2001, insured them against terrorist attack, mined them with explosives and one month later took them down ? The guy who after collecting his insurance is now building Freedom tower using public money ?

Whey yes he should do what he pleases.

Frankly it doesn't matter what gets built there as long as people like Silverstein continue to get their way.

Forum List

Back