removal of "Freedom Tower" title unpatriotic?

Seems to me the best remembrance is the capitalistic system. If someone pays for the naming, they get to do so, no conditions. Now, that is not without ramifications, Macy's has not been a 'hit' in IL because of the name change. No one calls Comiskey, Cellular Park, etc.

I think it's over the top to describe it as unpatriotic. Freedom Tower had a nice ring, but if they want to keep "World Trade Center" in the title for marketing purposes, then instead of "One", I'd prefer "United".

I like that they changed the name. "Freedom Tower" sounded nice, but there's nothing more resolute than keeping the name it had before a bunch of Islamothug pigs decided to commit genocide.

Frankly, if i was offered a job in that building i would decline.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEvbPJrJyek]YouTube - Al-Qaeda Also Fed Up With Ground Zero Construction Delays[/ame]

Since a memorial is being built there, why wouldn't they name it after what is being memorialized? It should have 'World Trader Center' in the title, imo. I don't get the 'One' in the title; I like 'United'. 'New World Trade Center' might be ok but . . . . some will take the 'New World' part and run with it I suppose. Why not something like 'Freedom World Trade Center' and make everyone happy.

I think they're calling it One World Trade Center. For me, if they were going to call it that, they should rebuild the twins or call it something completely different.

Why would the name they use determine your preference for architectural style?

In other words:

Freedom Tower: okay to be one building
One World Trade Center: must be two buildings

You know what pisses me off...the over use of terms like "unpatriotic", "un-American", and "anti-American".

To me, unpatroitic implies treason, espionage, terrorism.

Not renaming a fucking building.

So, the more these words are used, the less they will mean.

In fact, I'm probably being "unpatriotic" writing this.

I think "Freedom Tower" is a little hookie anyway. They should just come up with something totally new and unique, just like the new tower will be.

I think they're calling it One World Trade Center. For me, if they were going to call it that, they should rebuild the twins or call it something completely different.

Why would the name they use determine your preference for architectural style?

In other words:

Freedom Tower: okay to be one building
One World Trade Center: must be two buildings

the World Trade Center doesn't exist anymore. It was the twin towers. if you're not going to rebuild the twins, call the new building something else.

Give me a break. You guys are telling me that it is ok the change the name cause you fear it getting attacked again? Why don't you guys just run up the white flag now and get it over with?

I'm not afraid of anything.

I could care less what they call it.

I'm just pissed at how the word "unpatriotic" is used to describe anything and everything these days.

Forum List

Back