Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, make the pigs serve their time

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes, 107 years is too long for robbery

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm all for justice and equality in punishment. 108 years does seem extreme. If the average murderer does 15 years how can he get a sentence 7 times as long? How can Madoff get 150 years? Is he worse than a murderer? 10X worse?

I'd like to see much stronger punishments enforced across the board and less parole, but I want it to be proportionate to the crime.

Hence the word "judge". Some judges have no business being on the bench like that asshole in Vermont who gave a child molestor 60 days in jail for child rape or something to that effect. I agree with what you have posted but unfortunately politics comes into play with clemency, commuted sentences and pardons.

What do you mean "politics comes into play"? It seems to me it can only be bad for the one giving it.

Do you actually think Governor's or Presidents give away something like this without getting something in return? It's probably bad in .02% of the cases....the rest is all good for the one with that power. C'mon now.....there are a thousand stories of people who have received pardons for violent crimes that went on to live productive lives. They aren't going to get any press or air time...UNLESS they go back to a life of crime.

Last edited:
If you don't plan on letting them out of a cage for 107 years, why not just exercise capital punishment?

☭proletarian☭;1776976 said:
If you don't plan on letting them out of a cage for 107 years, why not just exercise capital punishment?

Sounds good to me. Why should our tax dollars be spent keeping them alive?

grant clemency or commute sentences? Or should we keep everyone locked up for 107 years because they "might" committ a crime and then the left will have a political hammer! Which? Age doesn't matter! :lol:

Wow!!!! Just wow!!!! You as a conservative are defending the granting of clemency to a career criminal and rapist who went on to kill 4 police officers all because the one who granted the clemency was a Republican with presidential aspirations. I wonder if your attitude would be different if the exact same scenario had come to pass with the one exception being a Democrat being the one who had granted the clemency, I kind of have a feeling if that was the case you would be leading the outrage brigade against the clemency and the clemency granter.

(edited to add the rapist he gave clemency to was a different guy not the one who went on to kill these police officers, the rapist just went on to rape again and kill the victim)

Huckabee defends clemency decision for cop shooting suspect - CNN.com

During his 2008 presidential bid, Huckabee was criticized for granting clemency to another inmate, convicted rapist Wayne DuMond.

DuMond later was convicted of raping and murdering a woman in Missouri.

Last edited:
grant clemency or commute sentences? Or should we keep everyone locked up for 107 years because they "might" committ a crime and then the left will have a political hammer! Which? Age doesn't matter! :lol:

Wow!!!! Just wow!!!! You as a conservative are defending the granting of clemency to a career criminal and rapist who went on to kill 4 police officers all because the one who granted the clemency was a Republican with presidential aspirations. I wonder if your attitude would be different if the exact same scenario had come to pass with the one exception being a Democrat being the one who had granted the clemency, I kind of have a feeling if that was the case you would be leading the outrage brigade against the clemency and the clemency granter.

Looks like you've got WillowTree figured to a T.

What took you so long?

(edited to add the rapist he gave clemency to was a different guy not the one who went on to kill these police officers, the rapist just went on to rape again and kill the victim)

During his 2008 presidential bid, Huckabee was criticized for granting clemency to another inmate, convicted rapist Wayne DuMond.

what did you say? it's all jumbled! Should he or should he not have been given a second chance? And if not him then who?

most people deserve a second or third chance. but when you violate parole and commit new felonies that pretty much proves you can't be trusted to make reasonable choices. lock the bastards away!

If someone is given a 107 year sentence, unless something comes up that shows they might be innocent or extenuating circumstances come to light, why shouldn't they serve 107 years?

what did you say? it's all jumbled! Should he or should he not have been given a second chance? And if not him then who?

:lol::lol::lol: Classic!

Clemency must be availble for the following reasons:

1- numerous acts criminalized by the welfare/warfare state are not crimes at all, ie, prostitution, using "drugs", etc

2- So until the mo'fo's stop criminalizing everything under the sun , clemency will be necessary.

No he shouldnt have, clemency should only come into play in real hardship cases not for violent career criminals.

No he shouldnt have, clemency should only come into play in real hardship cases not for violent career criminals.

was he a violent career criminal at age 17? or 26?

You dont get 107 years being a boy scout, are you really this adamant in defending Huckabee that you will side with criminals?

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said he was aware of Maurice Clemmons' long and violent criminal history when he commuted his 108-year prison sentence,

You dont get 107 years being a boy scout, are you really this adamant in defending Huckabee that you will side with criminals?

No! so let me get this straight. You cannot answer the question so I automatically defend Huckabee by asking questions? And in your view it is entirely impossible that a judge may exact a too harsh sentence. Am I reading you right? Or is it possible you just like 107 year sentences imposed on a young black man for robbery BECAUSE it turns out that Huckabee showed compassion and the young black man turned into a cop killer so you now use it conveniently as a political sledgehammer? Which is it. Should the man have been shown compassion or not?

No! so let me get this straight. You cannot answer the question so I automatically defend Huckabee by asking questions? And in your view it is entirely impossible that a judge may exact a too harsh sentence. Am I reading you right? Or is it possible you just like 107 year sentences imposed on a young black man for robbery BECAUSE it turns out that Huckabee showed compassion and the young black man turned into a cop killer so you now use it conveniently as a political sledgehammer? Which is it. Should the man have been shown compassion or not?

your question is answered in my post after the one you chose to reply to.

Forum List

Back