• No, but limit th em more

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I dunno, what is the game 2nite?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I think we are better off with enemies spying on us from thousands of miles away rathyer than to have thousands of Federalis spying on us right here at home.

The FISA courts have never been more than a thin fig leaf covering Federali abuse.

We should have never had these courts in the first place, but "small government" conservatives were big cheerleaders of them because of "MOOOOOSLIMS!!!"

What's the alternative if FISA Courts are eliminated? Do we allow indiscriminate surveillance of American citizens on American soil, with no restriction or limit? Or no surveillance at all? Sure, let's allow the domestic terrorists, crooks, and bad guys to do their will without any attempt to prevent innocent lives being lost.

What's the alternative if FISA Courts are eliminated? Do we allow indiscriminate surveillance of American citizens on American soil, with no restriction or limit? Or no surveillance at all? Sure, let's allow the domestic terrorists, crooks, and bad guys to do their will without any attempt to prevent innocent lives being lost.

Begging the question isn't an argument.

I think we are better off with enemies spying on us from thousands of miles away rathyer than to have thousands of Federalis spying on us right here at home.

The FISA courts have never been more than a thin fig leaf covering Federali abuse.

Yea. Shut them down. The left is too corrupt and dishonorable to have such power.

Yeah, but if you're going to get rid of the FISA Courts then don't you think you oughta have some idea of how to handle domestic surveillance of American citizens on American soil? It's easy to say let's get rid of the FISA Courts, FBI, ICE, IRS, etc., but if you're going to advocate for that then I think you should have a plan for what to do after they're gone. Would we be better off without the FISA Courts? How?

Yeah, but if you're going to get rid of the FISA Courts then don't you think you oughta have some idea of how to handle domestic surveillance of American citizens on American soil? It's easy to say let's get rid of the FISA Courts, FBI, ICE, IRS, etc., but if you're going to advocate for that then I think you should have a plan for what to do after they're gone. Would we be better off without the FISA Courts? How?

Government officials cannot be trusted with this power. It must be eliminated.

They approve over 90% of the applications for warrants, so they are basically a rubber stamp.

The fact the corrupt Obama cabal got all these warrants based on such a flimsy basis exposes the fact they need to be shut down.

"Yeahbut" isn't an argument either.

Dr.Paul warned us that this crap was ripe for abuse and he was proved correct...If we took a cancerous tumor out of you, what would we replace it with?...Would you be better off without cancer?...How?

Yea, get rid of FISA courts -- that way you can fool yourself into believing that you aren't having your communications surveilled anymore.....

FISA courts been around since the 70's -- Trump's dumb ass getting impeached shouldn't be the reason you want to get rid of them...unless you are a sycophant....you should have been against them all along, even when they were being used against the "darkies and the others"

We still have courts dont we?

Whats wrong with these buzzards going through a set of military courts that are subject to transparency laws?

We should have never had these courts in the first place, but "small government" conservatives were big cheerleaders of them because of "MOOOOOSLIMS!!!"
terror plots are constantly being hatched, we need to be able to stop them
Can you show us a case where the FISA courts actually stopped a terrorist attack?

I dont recall such. but maybe I just missed it.

Can you show us a case where the FISA courts actually stopped a terrorist attack?

we will never know

The argument for the FISA courts system amounts to, 'Dont watch us pursue the enemy, they6 might get wind of it. So just trust us with your privacy, safety and personal data. We wont abuse it. Promise.'

Papadopolis and Carter Page would likely say, 'FUCK NO! ! ! !'

And I would have to agree with them on that.

Three ready-made neocon BS artist excuses:

"We don't want to reveal sources and methods."

"We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you."

"Why do you want to help the terrorists?"

If you folks totally ignore all investigative reports by all inspector generals now matter what... because they don't confirm your conspiracy theories -- why do you think eliminating FISA courts will change anything??

Why would the Deep State even need a court?? Don't they control everyone and everything anyway??

They approve over 90% of the applications for warrants, so they are basically a rubber stamp.

The fact the corrupt Obama cabal got all these warrants based on such a flimsy basis exposes the fact they need to be shut down.

Or maybe the FISA process or the court itself needs to be changed. Since we clearly cannot trust the FBI to provide ALL of the exculpatory evidence they were supposed to, maybe there needs to be an advocate for NOT doing the surveillance who gets to ask questions and maybe investigate the person(s). Maybe if you commit the bullshit that the Obama FBI did in their FISA applications, those responsible should go to fucking prison. Anybody and everybody who signed off on it or was involved get convicted. If it's an immediate need, fine. Approve it for the short term and then have your own independent investigators check it out. And if the Court finds an error, somebody gets fired and prosecuted.

For an issue as important as safeguarding our rights and privacy while simultaneously trying to provide national security when needed, the FISA Courts should not be disbanded. To do otherwise is nonsense. I don't know anything about the FISA Court judges, how many there are or who appointed them but caution should be exercised to ensure the Court is not politicized. Term limits should be imposed if they aren't already, and if a judge has show a political bias then he or she gets fired. The answer is NOT to get rid of the Court, it is to make it function the way it was supposed to.

Forum List

Back