Should Trump close up the Internet?

Should Trump close up the Internet?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
"Should Trump close up the Internet?"

After Trump's disastrous statement about prohibiting Muslims from entering the country, republicans would love nothing more – TV and radio as well.

So Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet to hinder ISIS from recruiting in America.

That is not what he said at all.
What did he say, then?????????

He said that he would get top people like Microsoft and others to discuss how best to shut down Radical Jihadists propaganda sites.
Which is already being done now but not completely efficiently.
He wants it done much more effectively than what is being done now.
Can you give us a source and prove all the reports are nonsense? And are facebook and twitter jihadist websites?

He campain speech was on c-span
Presidential Candidate Donald Trump Rally Mount | Video | C-SPAN.org

Start at around 36:00 minutes.
I did a search and his true words were "close up the internet maybe in certain areas".

Its not whether or not he "should". If he could, he would.

And Repubs would very quietly support him. Then, later, quietly put an end to net neutrality.

Drumpf is a dangerous fascist, yes. But, Repubs want an end to the US just as much as he does.

Well, Trump doesn't have the authority to do anything of the sort!

Could the U.S. shut down the Internet? - CNN.com

Could the United States do the same?

Technically, the United States could do the same thing Egypt did to block Internet access, Faris said.

The government would have to call four or five top internet providers and order them to disrupt Border Gateway Protocols in a way that shut down the majority of American internet traffic, he said. Others said the government would have to deal with the country's thousands of internet providers in order to fully clamp down on internet access, which would be logistically difficult.

But that's unlikely to happen here, experts said.

For one thing, the internet in the U.S. is bigger. There are more companies involved, more data at play and more locations where the internet comes in and out of the country.

Moreover, U.S. law would prevent such an authoritarian shutdown.

"The internet is a network of networks," said Andrew Blum, a correspondent for CNN content partner Wired magazine and author of an upcoming book on internet infrastructure, "and they're all commercially operated.

"They're all businesses. Their autonomy is sort of their bread and butter. And they're mostly unregulated. So the idea of having to comply fully with any government order to shut them off is pretty extreme. It's as if there were a government order to close every McDonald's -- all at once."

A country's legal framework, not its technical infrastructure, determines whether it is able to shut down its citizens' access to the internet, said Cowie.

We already have sources in place that shut these Jihadists sites down.
The problem is they keep popping up.
This is what Trump is talking about and he wants something that might be done to do it more efficiently than what we have now.

That is not what he said at all.
What did he say, then?????????

He said that he would get top people like Microsoft and others to discuss how best to shut down Radical Jihadists propaganda sites.
Which is already being done now but not completely efficiently.
He wants it done much more effectively than what is being done now.
Can you give us a source and prove all the reports are nonsense? And are facebook and twitter jihadist websites?

He campain speech was on c-span
Presidential Candidate Donald Trump Rally Mount | Video | C-SPAN.org

Start at around 36:00 minutes.
I did a search and his true words were "close up the internet maybe in certain areas".

He's usually pretty wishy-washy. Never makes a truly definitive statement. Then, if he's pushed, he answers with "I'll be the best, tremendous, amazing" shit.

BUT, everything he says is geared at him being Dictator For Life.

As far as I know, there is a central Internet hub in the US. Shut it down and thats it. One button, Mr. Trump. Dare to push it?

Complete nonsense.

The Internet is a distributed node network. There are millions of possible routes between nodes. There are thousands of DNS servers.

The Internet cannot be shut down.

IF Trump actually said this, he's a bigger moron than even I expected.

Probably something much better he could close. But then his head would explode as the bullshit backed up.

"Should Trump close up the Internet?"

After Trump's disastrous statement about prohibiting Muslims from entering the country, republicans would love nothing more – TV and radio as well.

You grasp that Trump just gained 10 more percentage point, don't you retard?

And I don't even like the guy.

You hair on fire demagogues are going to push Trump into the white house.

Look at what #fucktardObama said today;

{The Trump campaign, for months now, has had a dustbin of history-like quality to it, from the vacuous sloganeering to the outright lies to even the fake hair, the whole carnival barker routine that we’ve seen for some time now.}

White House Denounces ‘Grotesque’ Donald Trump Rhetoric And ’Fake Hair’

What a fucking embarrassment the Obama Junta is. Maybe if team Obama would shut their fucking mouth Trump would diminish, but the moron just has to throw his little fits.

As far as I know, there is a central Internet hub in the US. Shut it down and thats it. One button, Mr. Trump. Dare to push it?

Complete nonsense.

The Internet is a distributed node network. There are millions of possible routes between nodes. There are thousands of DNS servers.

The Internet cannot be shut down.

IF Trump actually said this, he's a bigger moron than even I expected.
The Internet has main hubs and the major one is located in the US. Anyone who claims to know how the Internet works, is a fool or a liar.

Scale-free network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sure that the US government has the ability to turn off the Internet.

The Internet has main hubs and the major one is located in the US. Anyone who claims to know how the Internet works, is a fool or a liar.

What are you talking about?

Hundreds of thousands of people know how the Internet works. It isn't a secret, it's mandatory for any network professional.

What are you talking about?

Hundreds of thousands of people know how the Internet works. It isn't a secret, it's mandatory for any network professional.
Read the article. Even the absolute experts can only guess. This is not about a simplified description like yours.

The government can shut down the main hub, yes.

That will damage our economy terribly.

What the government is after are the keys to the encryption codes.

The trouble with that is that creating new encryption codes can be done by skilled folks.

Link?
Me. I know what I am talking about. You can do your own research.

The government wants "the cracks" (the keys) to the codes as a matter of national security.

The trouble with that is that creating new encryption codes can be done by skilled folks.

Well??? Where is your link? Don't have one because you are making things up?
Listen to Trump. Then do research. When you come back with what you have found out, I will vet it for you. Misty, you trumpettes will not take over America.

Link?
Me. I know what I am talking about. You can do your own research.

The government wants "the cracks" (the keys) to the codes as a matter of national security.

Cypher doesn't know them. But he knows the man that can get them for you. Then the angry scrubbing bubbles will attack and Zion will fall.

Its not whether or not he "should". If he could, he would.

And Repubs would very quietly support him. Then, later, quietly put an end to net neutrality.

Drumpf is a dangerous fascist, yes. But, Repubs want an end to the US just as much as he does.

Did he mean that he wants to close down the internet literally? Or was he talking about ISIS recruitment sites?

Forum List

Back