Should the Senate trial include new information and testimony?

The House impeached President Trump a month ago, based on the evidence they had at the time. They could have subpoenaed certain people to testify and received certain documents, but elected not to do so because the President was deemed to be a threat to our democracy and a Constitutional Crisis was at hand and our free and fair elections were at risk. Okay fine, but there's a saying that justice delayed is justice denied, and that should apply to everyone including Trump.

This week it's Lev Parnas, next week it's gonna be someone else. Trump said this, did that and I have a napkin with writing on it to prove it's true. How long could this stuff go on? It's the Kavanaugh hearing all over again, disgraceful accusations and allegations surfacing one after another and all of them total bullshit. Anybody here want to wager on whether the Dems wouldn't do that again? These guys are DESPERATE; they'll do ANYTHING to get Trump removed from office, cuz frankly I think they know that if they don't he's going to get re-elected for the simple reason that their candidates all suck and he's doing a damn fine job. Failing that, they'll delay this trial as long as possible, hoping for a miracle and if possible try to make the most vulnerable Repub Senators who are up for re-election this time look as bad as possible so they can flip those seats.

The House Dems have already said that they could and would impeach Trump a 2nd time if they find enough new evidence to support that action (in their minds). Fine - it's in their Constitutional rights to do that and wouldn't surprise me at all, but in view of that fact then why should the Senate not limit their deliberations to the current Articles and current information presented by the House prosecutors next week? It seems to me that Trump's Constitutional rights would be violated by an unending stream of new witnesses and documents, plus the Senate can't go on about it's business until the trial is over.

And once again Bernie Sanders is getting screwed, as is Warren cuz they can't be out campaigning but Biden can. Except maybe on Sundays when the trial isn't in session. Also, is it possible that by keeping the Senate totally involved with the trial they aren't appointing new feral judges? Another reason why this trial shouldn't be allowed to drag on indefinitely.
Why not? That happens in real trials all the time.
This isn't a court of law. That'd what you clowns kept saying when Dimwingers were using Nazi tactics and ignoring House rules during impeachment.

Now you want to act like this is a regular court.

I kept reading here over and over last month that Impeachment was a political process. Now that the Senate is charged with trying their case, they are whining politics might be involved? Democrats have more to be nervous about than the Republicans here. Get ready for the political, and legal, show of a lifetime. I plan on watching every minute of this.

View attachment 300916
The Senators just swore an oath yesterday to be impartial. Do you think that’s what Mitch is doing?
The following Dimwingers have announced Trump should be impeached:

Fauxcohontas Warren
Commie Bernie
Kamaltoe Harris
Spartacus Booker

Oops!

The House impeached President Trump a month ago, based on the evidence they had at the time. They could have subpoenaed certain people to testify and received certain documents, but elected not to do so because the President was deemed to be a threat to our democracy and a Constitutional Crisis was at hand and our free and fair elections were at risk. Okay fine, but there's a saying that justice delayed is justice denied, and that should apply to everyone including Trump.

This week it's Lev Parnas, next week it's gonna be someone else. Trump said this, did that and I have a napkin with writing on it to prove it's true. How long could this stuff go on? It's the Kavanaugh hearing all over again, disgraceful accusations and allegations surfacing one after another and all of them total bullshit. Anybody here want to wager on whether the Dems wouldn't do that again? These guys are DESPERATE; they'll do ANYTHING to get Trump removed from office, cuz frankly I think they know that if they don't he's going to get re-elected for the simple reason that their candidates all suck and he's doing a damn fine job. Failing that, they'll delay this trial as long as possible, hoping for a miracle and if possible try to make the most vulnerable Repub Senators who are up for re-election this time look as bad as possible so they can flip those seats.

The House Dems have already said that they could and would impeach Trump a 2nd time if they find enough new evidence to support that action (in their minds). Fine - it's in their Constitutional rights to do that and wouldn't surprise me at all, but in view of that fact then why should the Senate not limit their deliberations to the current Articles and current information presented by the House prosecutors next week? It seems to me that Trump's Constitutional rights would be violated by an unending stream of new witnesses and documents, plus the Senate can't go on about it's business until the trial is over.

And once again Bernie Sanders is getting screwed, as is Warren cuz they can't be out campaigning but Biden can. Except maybe on Sundays when the trial isn't in session. Also, is it possible that by keeping the Senate totally involved with the trial they aren't appointing new feral judges? Another reason why this trial shouldn't be allowed to drag on indefinitely.
It's all evidence about the same situation, though. It's not like suddenly investigating a blow job instead of a real estate deal. We should get all the relevant evidence presented. What are you worried about? You folks have already decided Trump is innocent anyway, and his political junkies are falling in line. So what would it hurt to have as much information as possible in the record?

Someday, historians are going to look back and be amazed at what a crooked bunch of greedy bastards the Republicans chose to be.

"Someday, historians are going to look back and be amazed at what a crooked bunch of greedy bastards the Republicans chose to be"

Do you think history will look kindly on the Democrats? I don't see the GOP being any more crooked or greedy than the Dems are. Actually, a lot less IMHO.

What I'm worried about is that the Dems will do a repeat of the Kavanaugh hearing and bring up new accusations at the last minute every week for as long as they can and drag this thing out for as long as possible if they see it as politically advantageous. At some point the Senate trial will end with an acquittal because of insufficient evidence and IMHO insufficient reasons. Again, justice delayed is justice denied, I think there is some truth to that, and it's not like this is a one-off thing, the Dems have been committed to getting anything they could on Trump, from day one. Like it or not, Donald Trump IS the POTUS, and he's got a big job to do and he doesn't need a continual circus of biased and unsupported allegations.

Last edited:
They have had 4 years to prove their case and wasted America's time and energy and Millions in taxpayer dollars.

Their weak articles are the result of a 4 year political and legal siege against America, our Democracy and The White House.

America has given them enough time and money and it's time for The Senate Jury to deliberate and put this to bed forever.

Why, dufus? Did you think Democrats were the primary ones that would obstruct new witnesses to say what went on and why Trump did and why, noting why is nowhere near as important as what. Everyone knows he is guilty of the charges, just at everyone knows he will be acquitted. He is justifiably Impeached. This show trial, at this point is about incidental damages incurred by the parties after the fact. Relax. Enjoy the show. Root for your side. Everybody that matters will come through this alive.
So you are bitching about Republicans swearing to impartiality while not expecting the asslicking democrats to be the same.? I rest my case moron.

I'm pretty sure I saw them on TV signing their oaths also. I notice you did not say the fix wasn't in and acquittal wasn't assured by Mitch before the Senate trial started. I am glad the ceremony wasn't outside or Mitch might have needed a ground rod 4 feet deep, attached with a log chain up is ass to survive.
So then name one of the fuckers who will be impartial?
I do not even know the names, much less the character of all 50 of the Senators. I know that at least one of mine will be, and I assured him when we last corresponded, I trusted his judgement to represent the best interests of our state and country. His page and a quarter response, assured me I have been correct to vote for him all these many years. Do you think either of your will be? How has your personal correspondence with yours worked out?
There are 100 Senators!
Oops. Yes of course, 2 per state. That is why I pointed out that I have been in correspondence with mine, by good old fashion snail mail, as I am sure you have been with yours, or do you just post uselessly on internet message boards?

The Trial is over. That takes place in The House.

It's not a trial. The Trial is over.

These are Jury Deliberations.

There has been a trial, now we are at the verdict segment

The House's job was to try the case

The House conducted The Trial,

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose. Sowing confusion among Americans who didn't pass 8th grade Civics.

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose.

Thank you for self-identifying as one of the last idiots in the entire country who still clings to the debunked lie of 'Trump-Russian collusion....you were probably one of those snowflakes who were duped by the Ruskies on social media in 2016 and actually organized / marched for them.

:p

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose. Sowing confusion among Americans who didn't pass 8th grade Civics.
Don't infringe their fake news.

"the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments…[but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" (Article I, section 3).

You had 4 years and Millions of dollars to make your case and looked everything like The Soviet Union, and Puppets of Putin while doing it.

Your case is over, and now The Jury will deliberate.

Democrats I hope will leave the country like they promised when they lose again.

That or join Hezbollah or ISIS as that is where their heart is.

So you are bitching about Republicans swearing to impartiality while not expecting the asslicking democrats to be the same.? I rest my case moron.

I'm pretty sure I saw them on TV signing their oaths also. I notice you did not say the fix wasn't in and acquittal wasn't assured by Mitch before the Senate trial started. I am glad the ceremony wasn't outside or Mitch might have needed a ground rod 4 feet deep, attached with a log chain up is ass to survive.
I do not even know the names, much less the character of all 50 of the Senators. I know that at least one of mine will be, and I assured him when we last corresponded, I trusted his judgement to represent the best interests of our state and country. His page and a quarter response, assured me I have been correct to vote for him all these many years. Do you think either of your will be? How has your personal correspondence with yours worked out?
There are 100 Senators!
Oops. Yes of course, 2 per state. That is why I pointed out that I have been in correspondence with mine, by good old fashion snail mail, as I am sure you have been with yours, or do you just post uselessly on internet message boards?
So now ewe ass setting rules for posting on message board? Ewe must be in touch but snail mail with ewe Senator? Have ewe told the admin and da mods?

Should the Senate trial include new information and testimony?

No --- just shut it DOWN. It's a coup attempt, to illegally overthrow an elected government. The people promoting this coup should be put in prison.

There are 100 Senators!
So now ewe ass setting rules for posting on message board? Ewe must be in touch but snail mail with ewe Senator? Have ewe told the admin and da mods?
Willow, what hell is wrong with you? You needlessly embarrass yourself. 5 yard penalty for intentional self inflicted damage. No down.

There are 100 Senators!
Willow, what hell is wrong with you? You needlessly embarrass yourself. 5 yard penalty for intentional self inflicted damage. No down.
I am responding to your idiocy!

WillowTree, if you are using a speech to text app for posting, it so isn't working.

There are 100 Senators!

I am honored, I'm sure, but no need if you don't really have anything to say.

What I'm worried about is that the Dems will do a repeat of the Kavanaugh hearing and bring up new accusations at the last minute every week for as long as they can and drag this thing out for as long as possible if they see it as politically advantageous.

THAT'S IT. Duh, I should have conceptualized that myself. That's the problem --- that's what they intend to do, just drag it out with 58 witnesses --- to nothing interesting or guilty, just weeks and months of empty accusations.

Thank you for clarifying the situation. McConnell well understands this issue, I'm sure, and I hope he'll be able to stop it.

This IS why I want instant dismissal. Probably I won't get that, though.

Fuck no!!!

The House took their investigative shot.
Slimy bastard Dimms are trying to 'Kavanaugh' Trump.

There are 100 Senators!

I am honored, I'm sure, but no need if you don't really have anything to say.
You have options asshole. Stop responding to me!

Last edited:

Fuck no!!!

If you are correct it is a whole new dimension. I am certain trump will be confirmed to take his place on the Supreme Court! :)

Fuck no!!!

If you are correct it is a whole new dimension. I am certain trump will be confirmed to take his place on the Supreme Court! :)

Play dimmwit dumb, Possum boy.

Fuck no!!!

Play dimmwit dumb, Possum boy.
Possom Boy? Funny. Tried to cook a possom once. Thought it my taste like Coon. Wrong! Those little fat bastards or nasty! The smell was so bad, it woke up my mother in the middle of the night, 5 rooms away. Stunk up the house so bad, we had open all downstairs windows the rest of that winter night. She was not impressed. Dad made me and my brother go bury the thing, so the dogs wouldn't try to eat the fat stinking thing and crap for a week.

Forum List

Back