Should the Senate trial include new information and testimony?

The Russians were masters of show trials. Go Moscow Mitch. LOL
Don't sell us short. We ain't half bad. The swearing in of the Supreme Court justice and his administering the oath of impartiality to the Senators and the signing of their oaths was impressive, wasn't it?

The House impeached President Trump a month ago, based on the evidence they had at the time. They could have subpoenaed certain people to testify and received certain documents, but elected not to do so because the President was deemed to be a threat to our democracy and a Constitutional Crisis was at hand and our free and fair elections were at risk. Okay fine, but there's a saying that justice delayed is justice denied, and that should apply to everyone including Trump.

This week it's Lev Parnas, next week it's gonna be someone else. Trump said this, did that and I have a napkin with writing on it to prove it's true. How long could this stuff go on? It's the Kavanaugh hearing all over again, disgraceful accusations and allegations surfacing one after another and all of them total bullshit. Anybody here want to wager on whether the Dems wouldn't do that again? These guys are DESPERATE; they'll do ANYTHING to get Trump removed from office, cuz frankly I think they know that if they don't he's going to get re-elected for the simple reason that their candidates all suck and he's doing a damn fine job. Failing that, they'll delay this trial as long as possible, hoping for a miracle and if possible try to make the most vulnerable Repub Senators who are up for re-election this time look as bad as possible so they can flip those seats.

The House Dems have already said that they could and would impeach Trump a 2nd time if they find enough new evidence to support that action (in their minds). Fine - it's in their Constitutional rights to do that and wouldn't surprise me at all, but in view of that fact then why should the Senate not limit their deliberations to the current Articles and current information presented by the House prosecutors next week? It seems to me that Trump's Constitutional rights would be violated by an unending stream of new witnesses and documents, plus the Senate can't go on about it's business until the trial is over.

And once again Bernie Sanders is getting screwed, as is Warren cuz they can't be out campaigning but Biden can. Except maybe on Sundays when the trial isn't in session. Also, is it possible that by keeping the Senate totally involved with the trial they aren't appointing new feral judges? Another reason why this trial shouldn't be allowed to drag on indefinitely.
Why not? That happens in real trials all the time.

The House impeached President Trump a month ago, based on the evidence they had at the time. They could have subpoenaed certain people to testify and received certain documents, but elected not to do so because the President was deemed to be a threat to our democracy and a Constitutional Crisis was at hand and our free and fair elections were at risk. Okay fine, but there's a saying that justice delayed is justice denied, and that should apply to everyone including Trump.

This week it's Lev Parnas, next week it's gonna be someone else. Trump said this, did that and I have a napkin with writing on it to prove it's true. How long could this stuff go on? It's the Kavanaugh hearing all over again, disgraceful accusations and allegations surfacing one after another and all of them total bullshit. Anybody here want to wager on whether the Dems wouldn't do that again? These guys are DESPERATE; they'll do ANYTHING to get Trump removed from office, cuz frankly I think they know that if they don't he's going to get re-elected for the simple reason that their candidates all suck and he's doing a damn fine job. Failing that, they'll delay this trial as long as possible, hoping for a miracle and if possible try to make the most vulnerable Repub Senators who are up for re-election this time look as bad as possible so they can flip those seats.

The House Dems have already said that they could and would impeach Trump a 2nd time if they find enough new evidence to support that action (in their minds). Fine - it's in their Constitutional rights to do that and wouldn't surprise me at all, but in view of that fact then why should the Senate not limit their deliberations to the current Articles and current information presented by the House prosecutors next week? It seems to me that Trump's Constitutional rights would be violated by an unending stream of new witnesses and documents, plus the Senate can't go on about it's business until the trial is over.

And once again Bernie Sanders is getting screwed, as is Warren cuz they can't be out campaigning but Biden can. Except maybe on Sundays when the trial isn't in session. Also, is it possible that by keeping the Senate totally involved with the trial they aren't appointing new feral judges? Another reason why this trial shouldn't be allowed to drag on indefinitely.
It's all evidence about the same situation, though. It's not like suddenly investigating a blow job instead of a real estate deal. We should get all the relevant evidence presented. What are you worried about? You folks have already decided Trump is innocent anyway, and his political junkies are falling in line. So what would it hurt to have as much information as possible in the record?

Someday, historians are going to look back and be amazed at what a crooked bunch of greedy bastards the Republicans chose to be.
And you have decided he was guilty. Right moron?
Of course he's guilty.
Then what are ewe afraid off?
I'm not afraid of anything. I think if they've got evidence on the situation, they might as well get it presented and get it over with. I have NOTHING to worry about. The truth is already plain as day.

The reason Nancy delayed the trial was to give Schiff time to line up another whistleblower (Parnas). You can bet your ass they're lining up more so they can parade them out systematically as if they just happened to come forward at exactly the right time. The American people will see through this production as well.
New witnesses for the Democratic case? Possibly. The only real question, since the Republicans will acquit anyway, is to what lengths they will go, to break their new oaths of impartiality, before the Supreme Court Justice and the country to silence any testimony, and what effect it will have on the electorate by election day.
Name one democrat whom ewe will think to be impartial? Dumbass.
Why, dufus? Did you think Democrats were the primary ones that would obstruct new witnesses to say what went on and why Trump did and why, noting why is nowhere near as important as what. Everyone knows he is guilty of the charges, just at everyone knows he will be acquitted. He is justifiably Impeached. This show trial, at this point is about incidental damages incurred by the parties after the fact. Relax. Enjoy the show. Root for your side. Everybody that matters will come through this alive.
So you are bitching about Republicans swearing to impartiality while not expecting the asslicking democrats to be the same.? I rest my case moron.

I'm pretty sure I saw them on TV signing their oaths also. I notice you did not say the fix wasn't in and acquittal wasn't assured by Mitch before the Senate trial started. I am glad the ceremony wasn't outside or Mitch might have needed a ground rod 4 feet deep, attached with a log chain up is ass to survive.

No, the Trumpublicans should demand a vote immediately, before any more damning evidence comes to light about the Ukraine Shakedown Scheme that they have to ignore.

It's all evidence about the same situation, though. It's not like suddenly investigating a blow job instead of a real estate deal. We should get all the relevant evidence presented. What are you worried about? You folks have already decided Trump is innocent anyway, and his political junkies are falling in line. So what would it hurt to have as much information as possible in the record?

Someday, historians are going to look back and be amazed at what a crooked bunch of greedy bastards the Republicans chose to be.

Of course he's guilty.
I'm not afraid of anything. I think if they've got evidence on the situation, they might as well get it presented and get it over with. I have NOTHING to worry about. The truth is already plain as day.
it is. The moron DemonRats including yourself have been plotting impeachment since before is inauguration. Good luck with yer bullshit in the senate. You didn’t win in the Senate so you will have to play by the Senate rules not Schitthead rules.

The reason Nancy delayed the trial was to give Schiff time to line up another whistleblower (Parnas). You can bet your ass they're lining up more so they can parade them out systematically as if they just happened to come forward at exactly the right time. The American people will see through this production as well.
New witnesses for the Democratic case? Possibly. The only real question, since the Republicans will acquit anyway, is to what lengths they will go, to break their new oaths of impartiality, before the Supreme Court Justice and the country to silence any testimony, and what effect it will have on the electorate by election day.
Why, dufus? Did you think Democrats were the primary ones that would obstruct new witnesses to say what went on and why Trump did and why, noting why is nowhere near as important as what. Everyone knows he is guilty of the charges, just at everyone knows he will be acquitted. He is justifiably Impeached. This show trial, at this point is about incidental damages incurred by the parties after the fact. Relax. Enjoy the show. Root for your side. Everybody that matters will come through this alive.
So you are bitching about Republicans swearing to impartiality while not expecting the asslicking democrats to be the same.? I rest my case moron.

I'm pretty sure I saw them on TV signing their oaths also. I notice you did not say the fix wasn't in and acquittal wasn't assured by Mitch before the Senate trial started. I am glad the ceremony wasn't outside or Mitch might have needed a ground rod 4 feet deep, attached with a log chain up is ass to survive.
So then name one of the fuckers who will be impartial?

LOOK, why do the democrats constantly try to alter the metric? They did the exact same thing during the Mueller debacle. The Democrats have already gone on record saying that the phone call stands on its own as their case. The phone call was everything. Then they brought in all these other hearsay witnesses mostly on irrelevancies, opinion and supposition. They convicted Trump based on their hearing. So why do they now claim to need even more? This is not House 2.0, a continuation of the House case. Isn't the trial about weighing the case the House has already made? If not, then why the rush to impeach? The one charge, Obstruction of Congress is total bullcrap: Obama and Hillary likewise also never surrendered many subpoenaed documents. That is when you turn it over to the Court to handle, but the Democrats never allowed for that process.

SO THE ONLY QUESTION NOW, is that which wasn't allowed in the House: TRUMP'S DEFENSE. If there is anything new to admit, it is the GOP witnesses that the House would not allow, the cross-examination the House would not allow, and the ability to object on questionable or disputable evidence and witnesses that the House would not allow!

Basically, the entire House case against Trump was fashioned from the start that from the onset:
  1. Trump was presumed guilty before the hearings even begun.
  2. Every statement by the House was biased against Trump seeking a conviction rather than a finding of fact.
  3. The inevitable, unavoidable outcome of the House from the start was an impeachment conviction with anything which might subtract from that likelihood blocked, refused and denied so that there was no possibility of a failure to impeach.
In the real world, that's always been called a kangaroo court, a lynching and a hanging.

Now it's the Big Boy's turn.

Of course he's guilty.
it is. The moron DemonRats including yourself have been plotting impeachment since before is inauguration. Good luck with yer bullshit in the senate. You didn’t win in the Senate so you will have to play by the Senate rules not Schitthead rules.
You sound nervous. You nervous? What are you nervous about?

Of course he's guilty.
You sound nervous. You nervous? What are you nervous about?
Which part sounds nervous moron?

The assholes have had their bite at the apple and have pissed away enough time and taxpayer dollars on this farce already. Enough already, end this charade and get those asses to work for a change.
It’s all political. The moron from New York is already mewling like a bitch that the Republicans are engaged in a cover up.

Why not? That happens in real trials all the time.
This isn't a court of law. That'd what you clowns kept saying when Dimwingers were using Nazi tactics and ignoring House rules during impeachment.

Now you want to act like this is a regular court.

So then name one of the fuckers who will be impartial?
I do not even know the names, much less the character of all 50 of the Senators. I know that at least one of mine will be, and I assured him when we last corresponded, I trusted his judgement to represent the best interests of our state and country. His page and a quarter response, assured me I have been correct to vote for him all these many years. Do you think either of your will be? How has your personal correspondence with yours worked out?

82293954_10214245142232085_3764993409987641344_o.jpg

I think the whole thing should be declared a mistrial. Not because I think trump is innocent or guilty, but because this whole process has been so out of sorts from the beginning, it's impossible to have a fair trial and it's impossible to know the truth.

I thought House did the witnesses and testimony and Senate did the deciding??
I guess libbies want that altered to fit their feelings of the moment?
Dems want Trump ousted No Matter What The Evidence, or in this case lack of it, shows. Feelings and not fact driven
Unlike you libs if there can be an audio or written produced by someone or something other than the nebulous Lev where Trump states “I want dirt on Biden or you get no money from USA” then I would think he violated his position solely for personal gain and should be impeached. Liberals and Dems would NEVER have such a reciprocal stance.

I thought House did the witnesses and testimony and Senate did the deciding??
I guess libbies want that altered to fit their feelings of the moment?
Dems want Trump ousted No Matter What The Evidence, or in this case lack of it, shows. Feelings and not fact driven
Unlike you libs if there can be an audio or written produced by someone or something other than the nebulous Lev where Trump states “I want dirt on Biden or you get no money from USA” then I would think he violated his position solely for personal gain and should be impeached. Liberals and Dems would NEVER have such a reciprocal stance.
You’re incorrect. Every impeachment trial in the Senate has included witnesses.

New Topics

Forum List

Back