Should the Senate trial include new information and testimony?

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose.

Thank you for self-identifying as one of the last idiots in the entire country who still clings to the debunked lie of 'Trump-Russian collusion....you were probably one of those snowflakes who were duped by the Ruskies on social media in 2016 and actually organized / marched for them.

:p

First, ya'll sow the discord by saying Impeachment isn't really real unless the Senate says so, and now yer pushing the line that the House somehow had the trial. Diametrically opposed lies and commie algorithms, tactics all taught at the KGB school in St. Petes...... What dastardly deceptive lies do you have in store for the Americans next?

Watch out for Myna birds reciting "Here kitty kitty kitty....Here Kitty kitty kitty...."

Disgusting Discordians makes my skin crawl.

THAT'S IT. Duh, I should have conceptualized that myself. That's the problem --- that's what they intend to do, just drag it out with 58 witnesses
They only need one witness. Rudy knows about this Parnas guy and can clarify things so the Senate can acquit Trump.

Thank you for self-identifying as one of the last idiots in the entire country who still clings to the debunked lie of 'Trump-Russian collusion....you were probably one of those snowflakes who were duped by the Ruskies on social media in 2016 and actually organized / marched for them.

First, ya'll sow the discord by saying Impeachment isn't really real unless the Senate says so, and now yer pushing the line that the House somehow had the trial. Diametrically opposed lies and commie algorithms, tactics all taught at the KGB school in St. Petes...... What dastardly deceptive lies do you have in store for the Americans next?

Watch out for Myna birds reciting "Here kitty kitty kitty....Here Kitty kitty kitty...."

Who said 'dat?

The Trial is over. That takes place in The House.

It's not a trial. The Trial is over.

These are Jury Deliberations.

There has been a trial, now we are at the verdict segment

The House's job was to try the case

The House conducted The Trial,

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose. Sowing confusion among Americans who didn't pass 8th grade Civics.
You had 4 years and Millions of dollars to make your case and looked everything like The Soviet Union, and Puppets of Putin while doing it.

Your case is over, and now The Jury will deliberate.

Democrats I hope will leave the country like they promised when they lose again.

That or join Hezbollah or ISIS as that is where their heart is.

The Democrats have barely had control of the House for a year. I'm sure with all the disturbing revelations that have been exposed about that nasty POS we have in the White House it feels like 4 years for you and his avid suckers. Nobody expects the Trumpublicans in the Senate to vote with the Democrats to convict him.

Who said 'dat?

Robert Shea and Robert Wilson science fantasy trilogy Illuminatus!. The weapon was set loose on Central Park I think. It was a lifetime ago.......

I thought House did the witnesses and testimony and Senate did the deciding??
I guess libbies want that altered to fit their feelings of the moment?
Dems want Trump ousted No Matter What The Evidence, or in this case lack of it, shows. Feelings and not fact driven
Unlike you libs if there can be an audio or written produced by someone or something other than the nebulous Lev where Trump states “I want dirt on Biden or you get no money from USA” then I would think he violated his position solely for personal gain and should be impeached. Liberals and Dems would NEVER have such a reciprocal stance.
You’re incorrect. Every impeachment trial in the Senate has included witnesses.
Clinton's had 3, all behind closed doors with the Dimwingers releasing only the excerpts they wanted.

You good with that this time?
colfax_m vanished...................:5_1_12024:

New talking points from the Motherland I suppose. Sowing confusion among Americans who didn't pass 8th grade Civics.
You had 4 years and Millions of dollars to make your case and looked everything like The Soviet Union, and Puppets of Putin while doing it.

Democrats I hope will leave the country like they promised when they lose again.

The Democrats have barely had control of the House for a year. I'm sure with all the disturbing revelations that have been exposed about that nasty POS we have in the White House it feels like 4 years for you and his avid suckers. Nobody expects the Trumpublicans in the Senate to vote with the Democrats to convict him.
The Obama Administration started Fake Investigations and their resistance Immediately and before Trumps Election.

Since them, The DemNazi Nazi Party has had Zero Real Accomplishments. That's why you celebrate impeachment with $200 Souvenir Pens that they ripped the taxpayer off to purchase and hand to their friends.....cause that's the somber thing to do.

The Obama Administration started Fake Investigations and their resistance Immediately and before Trumps Election.

Since them, The DemNazi Nazi Party has had Zero Real Accomplishments. That's why you celebrate impeachment with $200 Souvenir Pens that they ripped the taxpayer off to purchase and hand to their friends.....cause that's the somber thing to do.

Did you call your Civic teacher from last year yet? I know 8th grade was hard but Shirely (mind if I....) you remember who has the Constitutional obligation to try all Federal Impeachments? Remember?

Once the trial starts, next Tuesday I think, it'll be interesting to see if both sides are allowed to present their case without interruption or whether the other side can raise an objection to something. I don't know what they did in that regard during the Clinton trial, or whether they'll do anything different in this case. I suspect there will be a time limit, each side will probably get something like 16 hours over 2 days to make their arguments. Will the Dems be allowed to introduce any new evidence during this time that was not in the original articles written by the House Judiciary Committee and voted on by the full House? There might be a vote on that, maybe before the trial even starts. They impeached Trump solely based on that information, and there's nothing that says they can't impeach him again if new information surfaces, so if it's desirable to keep this trial limited in duration then they might vote to deny the introduction of new evidence.

In any trial in our judicial system (other than FISA), if the prosecution uncovers new evidence against the accused, the judge may allow it but only if the defense gets enough time to review it and determine their response. I do not think that Chief Justice Roberts is going to allow President Trump's right to due process to be denied as it was in the House inquiry, so whatever the rules are going to be will be impartially followed. It'll be interesting to see what those rules turn out to be, and whether he has any problem with any of them. It isn't going to be weighted one way or the other IMHO.

It looks like once the presentations are made and questions asked and answered, the Senate should vote on whether to hold a vote to acquit or keep going with witnesses. Will they subpoena new witnesses? I don't think Roberts will decide that, it'll be voted on by the full Senate. He might rule on the evidence presented being permissible or not, but more than likely each Senator will make that call themselves even if Roberts rules otherwise. Will he be fair and impartial? Yes, as far as he can be I think; he doesn't want to be in the middle of the argument after the trial is over for whether it was one-sided. I will say this: the trial in the Senate will be a helluva lot more fair and impartial than the travesty that the sham that was the House process.

I'm just hoping the senate displays the exact same degree of fairness as did the house.

I can't wait for the endless parade of people saying "well, my hair stylist heard from her cousin who knows this guy in Ukraine that Hunter Biden........

Oh, and don't forget all the hand selected professors from community colleges willing to testify on the nature of influence peddling!

should be fun.

Well but, the cud chewer passed out pens with her name on them!

Forum List

Back