Should the Lion killer be extradited?

Should US extradite the alledged Lion killer?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Nice post. I hunt big game. I am not whining. I just am pointing out I am more of a man than he will ever dream of being and frankly if he is dumb enough to post his kills then I dont feel bad for him. I have no problem with taking an animal. So there goes your post, right down the drain. Facts are facts, especially the part about me being the man he will never be.

Nice post. I hunt big game. I am not whining. I just am pointing out I am more of a man than he will ever dream of being and frankly if he is dumb enough to post his kills then I dont feel bad for him. I have no problem with taking an animal. So there goes your post, right down the drain. Facts are facts, especially the part about me being the man he will never be.

You don't have a clue how he killed that animal. if he just injured it and hunted it down, etc etc. that's all your made up stuff. because you don't like bow hunting. Well I don't like to hunt but I will eat the meat. THAT IS MY CHOICE and none of any of your all's Business

try MYOB once in awhile for crying out loud

If he broke their law while there, off he goes.
Sure..Until it is you or a loved one.......
Makes do difference. I'm very careful when in other nations to follow the law. Once outside the US you are mostly on your own. Obey the law, it's not that difficult.
I will remember that next time a person is arrested and you don't like it enough so that your hair catches on fire.
Or when a member of one fo your protected classes is jailed or one of your favorite son/daughter politicians is charged with a crime or other breach...
Do you enter your glass house with a key or do you have a combination

You guys ought to leave that poor jewish dentist alone. Hasn't he suffered enough that he should be persecuted more?

Makes do difference. I'm very careful when in other nations to follow the law. Once outside the US you are mostly on your own. Obey the law, it's not that difficult.
I will remember that next time a person is arrested and you don't like it enough so that your hair catches on fire.
Or when a member of one fo your protected classes is jailed or one of your favorite son/daughter politicians is charged with a crime or other breach...
Break the law, face the consequences. It's not difficult to understand.

And your projection isn't helping you at all...

Pretty obvious the self appointed, PC thought cops here, are enjoying that role FAR too much.

"
THAT IS MY CHOICE and none of any of your all's Business

try MYOB once in awhile for crying out loud"

ahhhhh, so sorry for touching a nerve. Again I am 2x the man he is. Tonight I am having venison tenderloin. I like to eat the meat too. See, you are like me. I eat alot of meat. So that is your choice...nice one.

CLEzLyXWEAAtoKb.jpg:large

YES, he should be extradited.

He didn't break any laws, Herr PC thought cop.

This dead lion is now all over the media. All asking about how this could have happened. Sadly Cecil is not the first lion to have been lured out of a national park. He might not even be the one hundred and first….

Accusations are swirling, but let’s tease these complicated strands apart.

1. It is completely legal to bait lions in Zimbabwe – it is standard practice. Cecil was shot with a bow and arrow from a blind. That is also legal. Cecil was shot badly and was only put out of his misery 40 hours later. That is what happens regularly in trophy hunting.

2. Cecil was shot outside a national park in a private hunting concession. That is also legal. It is not illegal to kill radiocollared lions.

3. But Cecil was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota. Supposedly the bait was set for a leopard and then Cecil came along. The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst told his client to shoot the lion, and then the hunt became illegal.

4. The professional hunter then allegedly attempted to destroy the radiocollar to hide the evidence. Allegedly the client was “furious” when he found that the lion was radiocollared. Allegedly, when a professional hunter engages a client in an area without lion quota, the lion will be listed as hunted in an area that does have quota. This could have been standard practice, but unfortunately Cecil was a well-known lion.

5. The professional hunter and the concession owner are now being investigated. Both were allegedly arrested and released on bail. Bronkhorst has been suspended from the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association. He will likely abscond rather than face trial unless he is confident of the possible bribes he has paid to an entirely corrupt judiciary. The concession owner is allegedly related to the Zimbabwe Minister of Transport and will therefore be immune from prosecution.

6. There seems now to be a desire to find the “client” who shot Cecil. Some say he is Spanish, some say he is American. Whatever his nationality, this man cannot really be prosecuted. A client does what his professional hunter tells him. A client usually has no idea about the laws and regulations of the country he is hunting in – he just buys a safari and then places himself in the hands of his professional hunter guide. Finding the client could be interesting to let him tell his side of the story, but in terms of legal prosecution this person is hardly important.

7. The hunt is also on to find what remains of Cecil. That is strange, as a hunting trophy should be immediately identifiable?

8. There are calls to prevent the import of Cecil’s trophy into the EU. That will be difficult unless the name of the client gets known. Also, it is almost impossible to distinguish a single lion trophy from all the others yearly imported into the EU from Zimbabwe.

LionAid - The Cecil Factor - News

This dead lion is now all over the media. All asking about how this could have happened. Sadly Cecil is not the first lion to have been lured out of a national park. He might not even be the one hundred and first….

1. It is completely legal to bait lions in Zimbabwe – it is standard practice. Cecil was shot with a bow and arrow from a blind. That is also legal. Cecil was shot badly and was only put out of his misery 40 hours later. That is what happens regularly in trophy hunting.

2. Cecil was shot outside a national park in a private hunting concession. That is also legal. It is not illegal to kill radiocollared lions.

3. But Cecil was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota. Supposedly the bait was set for a leopard and then Cecil came along. The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst told his client to shoot the lion, and then the hunt became illegal.

4. The professional hunter then allegedly attempted to destroy the radiocollar to hide the evidence. Allegedly the client was “furious” when he found that the lion was radiocollared. Allegedly, when a professional hunter engages a client in an area without lion quota, the lion will be listed as hunted in an area that does have quota. This could have been standard practice, but unfortunately Cecil was a well-known lion.

5. The professional hunter and the concession owner are now being investigated. Both were allegedly arrested and released on bail. Bronkhorst has been suspended from the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association. He will likely abscond rather than face trial unless he is confident of the possible bribes he has paid to an entirely corrupt judiciary. The concession owner is allegedly related to the Zimbabwe Minister of Transport and will therefore be immune from prosecution.

6. There seems now to be a desire to find the “client” who shot Cecil. Some say he is Spanish, some say he is American. Whatever his nationality, this man cannot really be prosecuted. A client does what his professional hunter tells him. A client usually has no idea about the laws and regulations of the country he is hunting in – he just buys a safari and then places himself in the hands of his professional hunter guide. Finding the client could be interesting to let him tell his side of the story, but in terms of legal prosecution this person is hardly important.

7. The hunt is also on to find what remains of Cecil. That is strange, as a hunting trophy should be immediately identifiable?

8. There are calls to prevent the import of Cecil’s trophy into the EU. That will be difficult unless the name of the client gets known. Also, it is almost impossible to distinguish a single lion trophy from all the others yearly imported into the EU from Zimbabwe.

I'll leave that up to the courts, here and there.

That's funny - and untrue! Are you doing PR work for the dentist? I see you joined USMB on July 22, 2015. Interesting...

The guy is NOT going back to Zimbabwe. Period...so forget it.

That's funny - and untrue! Are you doing PR work for the dentist? I see you joined USMB on July 22, 2015. Interesting...

I hate to be the one to have to break the bad news to you (I'm kidding, actually I LOVE being the one to break the bad news to you) but the flapping of your lips doesn't make it so.

As for doing the jewish dentist PR; I outed him and his wife as being jewish on another thread. Which upset the crybabies so much on that thread (especially PMH) they went crying to a mod to have my comments removed.

Is my join date somehow pertinent? By all means, don't be disingenuous.

The guy is NOT going back to Zimbabwe. Period...so forget it.

That's right. They're not going to extradite a [self] Chosen One.

Forum List

Back