should the boy scouts of america

Do they accept money from the Government?

If yes, then I suppose they should to a certain extent.

If no, then they should tell everyone to piss up a rope.

In a way. There are many instances of National Guard members ferrying them to campgrounds or they used campgrounds for free on military bases.

At least, that was the way it was when I was a Boy Scout in the 60's.

There never was any talk about religion or gays. We even had a kid in a wheelchair. It's not like today. So many institutions have been taken over by the nutty religious right. Then damaged.

LOL Really?

On my honor, I will do my duty
To God and my country
To help other people and to
Live by the Boy Scout Law.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Rdean ain't the brightest light on the old Christmas tree, in case you hadn't noticed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Rdean ain't the brightest light on the old Christmas tree, in case you hadn't noticed. -Cecilie

Now there is an understatement if I ever saw one. As to the topic at hand they boy Scouts don't take government money unless you're soory enough to construe that as a charity a percent of any money they get comes directly from peoples taxes.

Rdean ain't the brightest light on the old Christmas tree, in case you hadn't noticed. -Cecilie

Now there is an understatement if I ever saw one. As to the topic at hand they boy Scouts don't take government money unless you're soory enough to construe that as a charity a percent of any money they get comes directly from peoples taxes.

A lot of people also consider it "getting government money" for the BSA to get any services or use of facilities from any government agency, never considering that the government provides services and facilities to EVERYONE, since that's what the government DOES.

If they expect to continue receiving special treatment from the government, yes.
How so?

BSALegal.org >
Subpart 2 - Other Provisions

Requiring that public schools accommodate BSA-related activities and allowing the BSA to use Fort A.P. Hill for their Jamborees (though apparently they'll be using a different site in 2013), mostly. Nothing serious, but government support nonetheless. Any group that discriminates on the basis of religion should not be afforded these privileges in the US.

"The Boy Scouts of America maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen without recognizing an obligation to God. In the first part of the Scout Oath or Promise the member declares, ‘On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law.’ The recognition of God as the ruling and leading power in the universe and the grateful acknowledgment of His favors and blessings are necessary to the best type of citizenship and are wholesome precepts in the education of the growing members."​

BSALegal.org >

I noticed that no one has yet pointed out that this story has NOTHING to do with the government telling the Scouts anything.

The man interviewed is urging the Scouts change their policy.

While tens of thousands of gay rights supporters marched in Washington, D.C., another rally took place in Balboa Park calling on the Boy Scouts of America to end what it calls "discriminatory practices" against gays and atheists.

Last edited:
The government should have no say in any private organization. Even if they give them funds, if they dont like what the organization does, dont give them money. (how about we give no money to any organization and just save trillions of dollars?)

If they get federal funds they should be held to the same standards as the federal government. If they want to be exclusive, they should not get the funds. Though I don't think the BSA gets federal funds, last I heard they were all privately funded.

Sunni Man;1605270]Ask yourself this question:

"Why do gays want to be part of the Boy Scouts"?

Homos can't reproduce with homo sex and have children.

So why do they want to be around our kids so bad?

Now they are even having rallys demanding to be part of our children's lives.

Why?

a) to molest them

b) one of the strongest human primal driving forces is to propagate for survival of the species ..because they can not breed they must convert

c) to try and create a self deluded image of normalcy or decency because on the deepest level they feel unclean

d) to molest them

If they expect to continue receiving special treatment from the government, yes.
How so?

BSALegal.org >
Subpart 2 - Other Provisions

Requiring that public schools accommodate BSA-related activities and allowing the BSA to use Fort A.P. Hill for their Jamborees (though apparently they'll be using a different site in 2013), mostly. Nothing serious, but government support nonetheless. Any group that discriminates on the basis of religion should not be afforded these privileges in the US.

"The Boy Scouts of America maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen without recognizing an obligation to God. In the first part of the Scout Oath or Promise the member declares, ‘On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law.’ The recognition of God as the ruling and leading power in the universe and the grateful acknowledgment of His favors and blessings are necessary to the best type of citizenship and are wholesome precepts in the education of the growing members."​

BSALegal.org >
This is an organization, not a public school.

Sunni Man;1605270]Ask yourself this question:

Why?

a) to molest them

b) one of the strongest human primal driving forces is to propagate for survival of the species ..because they can not breed they must convert

c) to try and create a self deluded image of normalcy or decency because on the deepest level they feel unclean

d) to molest them

or maybe you are all just big doo-doo heads and sharin a tent with a chil is a beautiful thing,,its sweet...dats just ignorant.. we get into are pajamas and sleeping bags.. have some snacks ..til a scary story...don't silly...you should reaaly listen to my song before you judge me..its called have you seen my childhood...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897UbI1CijA]YouTube - Michael Jackson Before You Judge ME ...[/ame]

Ugh I think its really a bad program.. My son was in boy scouts (cub scouts, I guess) for a total of like 3 months before I pulled him out. It is very disorganized, and there is a lacking of any real ambition within the program..

Boy Scouts of America

The BSA believes "an avowed homosexual is not a role model for the values espoused in the Scout Oath and Law". Although it officially makes no effort to discover the sexual orientation of any person, BSA scout leaders have investigated and expelled non-avowed homosexuals [1] (BSA Discrimination.org:Home -> Site Updates -> not_found). Lawsuits over this matter have gone as high as the United States Supreme Court, which ruled that the BSA is a private association with the right to set its own standards for membership and leadership.

Many critics, especially internal ones, point out that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the single largest donor to BSA, has threatened to remove all support if the policy against homosexuals is removed, and that this is the single largest reason for the policy. The LDS Church in Canada funds the Scouting organization there, in spite of an explicit policy allowing homosexual leaders, and also funds the Girl Scouts of America[?] who similarly tolerate openly homosexual leadership. See also Boy Scouts of America v. Dale

Apparently, as a private organization, they have the right to make decisions like these- just because they are a private organization- The one thing that I think causes the gays pushing for tolerance is that the LDS of is open to homosexual leadership in both Canada and in the US, of Girl Scouts troops, and as of now, open to homosexual leadership of boy scout troops in Canada. The LDS, according to this article, used to be okay with Unitarian Universalist church patches, also, until they decided that the church allowed for too much gayness.

This is another example of ignorance from within religious denominations that are already lacking in approval from the majority of Americans.. You would think they would work on their PR strategy, and find a way of gaining people's respect without being all weird and inconsistent...

Do they accept money from the Government?

If yes, then I suppose they should to a certain extent.

If no, then they should tell everyone to piss up a rope.

I agree with the guy that has a jar of foaming piss as his avatar.

Ask yourself this question:

Why?

Modern day homos remind me of the behavior of sodomites in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah :eek:

Why not start their own organization and call it the "Gay Scouts"?

And just leave us and our children alone!!!! :evil:

this is one the dumbest things I have ever read
What's so dumb about it?

Do you support homos sleeping in tents with little boys?

Why do the homos want to be around these young boys so badly?

What is their real motive??? :eek:

Ask yourself this question:

Why?

Modern day homos remind me of the behavior of sodomites in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah :eek:

Why not start their own organization and call it the "Gay Scouts"?

And just leave us and our children alone!!!! :evil:

What's so dumb about it?

You do realize there are more straight pedos than gay ones ... or do you not pay enough attention to the police reports and who lives in your neighborhood.

Just a few days ago they were looking for a pimp that pimps out ... of all things ... little girls for straight men.

What's so dumb about it?

You do realize there are more straight pedos than gay ones ... or do you not pay enough attention to the police reports and who lives in your neighborhood.

Just a few days ago they were looking for a pimp that pimps out ... of all things ... little girls for straight men.
Why allow homos; who are known to have strong pedophile tendencies be around children??? :eek:

I would not want my female child to go camping with grown men. I do not want my son to go camping with gay men. My husband and my son are Eagle Scouts. I am not going to list the incredible contributions their troop has done for our community, however yesterday they and 20 young men gave up their Sunday to honor the disabled vets and a local soldier killed in Afghanistan. How many teenagers would do that?

The radical atheists want to destroy religion. The radical gays want to destroy the boy scouts. There is a culture war on to destroy American institutions that do good deeds.

The latest attack on Scouts is private donations being denied because of PC b.s.

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 6 — A scout leader who once sued the City of Berkeley for challenging a national Boy Scout ban on members who are gay or atheist has been arrested on felony charges that for at least five years he sexually abused young males in the troops he led.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/07/us/07scoutmaster.html

What's so dumb about it?

Why allow homos; who are known to have strong pedophile tendencies be around children??? :eek:

Most gay men are interested in:

1. The ability to have an erection (something young boys are incapable of).

2. Grecian sculpted bodies (another thing which young boys are incapable of ... mostly).

3. The ability to go to dance clubs (which requires the age of 21).

In other words, most gay men would not have any interest in young boys, period. Though many straight men tend to have some attraction to young girls ... or closet gay men (such as priests) who resent being gay so much that they can't even see what is right and wrong anymore thanks to people like ... well ... you. ;)

Forum List

Back