should the boy scouts of america

or maybe you are all just big doo-doo heads and sharin a tent with a chil is a beautiful thing

Have you ever been a Scout leader or a BSA volunteer? That's just a rhetorical question, as it's obvious you haven't a clue.

My daughter was a boy scout and worked as a volunteer staff person for a huge summer camp for years; the training she received was beyond intensive and that of leaders is even more so. You should consider yourself lucky she isn't here to see the drivel you've posted. If I can remember to do so tonight, I'll show this to her and allow her to respond if she chooses. I'm certain she'll add to and correct anything I've posted here.

The following link requires a login. I'm not sure hers is still current, but I went through this back when she was involved with the camp.

BSA Online Learning Center

The following is a list of the principles that are behind their training. I can say it's quite an over-simplification really, as I've witnessed just a glimpse of what the Scouts require.

The first two listed are the foundation of the program: two-deep leadership and no one on one contact. Always and without exception in any and every circumstance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_Protection_program_(Boy_Scouts_of_America)

In response to increasing awareness about sexual abuse in society as a whole, and concerns about the potential of sexual predators using the Boy Scout program to locate victims, BSA developed the Youth Protection program in the late 1980s in conjunction with input from leading law enforcement and psychiatric experts on the subject.

In 2003, criminal background checks were required for all new leaders. Leaders who had registered before 2003 were required to undergo background checks in 2008.

• Two-deep leadership.

Two registered adult leaders or one registered leader and a parent of a participant, one of whom must be 21 years of age or older, are required on all trips and outings. The "two-deep" policy requires that a minimum of two adults be present during all activities to minimize the potential for clandestine abuse. The chartered organization is responsible for ensuring that sufficient leadership is provided for all activities.

• No one-on-one contact.

One-on-one contact between adults and youth members is not permitted. In situations that require personal conferences, such as a Scoutmaster's conference, the meeting is to be conducted in view of other adults and youths.

• Respect of privacy.

Adult leaders must respect the privacy of youth members in situations such as changing clothes and taking showers at camp, and intrude only to the extent that health and safety require. Adults must protect their own privacy in similar situations.

• Separate accommodations.

When camping, no youth is permitted to sleep in the tent of an adult other than his own parent or guardian. Councils are strongly encouraged to have separate shower and latrine facilities for females. When separate facilities are not available, separate times for male and female use should be scheduled and posted for showers.

• Proper preparation for high-adventure activities.

Activities with elements of risk should never be undertaken without proper preparation, equipment, clothing, supervision, and safety measures.

• No secret organizations.

The Boy Scouts of America does not recognize any secret organizations as part of its program. All aspects of the Scouting program are open to observation by parents and leaders.

• Appropriate attire.

Proper clothing for activities is required.

• Constructive discipline.

Discipline used in Scouting should be constructive and reflect Scouting's values. Corporal punishment is never permitted.

• Hazing prohibited.

Physical hazing and initiations are prohibited and may not be included as part of any Scouting activity.

• Junior leader training and supervision.

Adult leaders must monitor and guide the leadership techniques used by junior leaders and ensure that BSA policies are followed.

All adult leaders in BSA are required to be trained and follow the above policies. Failing to follow them can result in a leader being removed or a unit having its charter revoked.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Ask yourself this question:

"Why do gays want to be part of the Boy Scouts"?

Homos can't reproduce with homo sex and have children.

So why do they want to be around our kids so bad?

Now they are even having rallys demanding to be part of our children's lives.

Why?

Modern day homos remind me of the behavior of sodomites in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah :eek:

Why not start their own organization and call it the "Gay Scouts"?

And just leave us and our children alone!!!! :evil:

this is one the dumbest things I have ever read
What's so dumb about it?

Do you support homos sleeping in tents with little boys?

Why do the homos want to be around these young boys so badly?

What is their real motive??? :eek:

The above post is for you, too.

Here are my main questions:

Why are homos DEMANDING to be allow to be part of the Boy Scouts???

What is their motive?????

Actually, they aren't. A group has decided to make it's priority, which the group doesn't even consist of gay people, it's straight people fighting for gay rights even when the gay people don't care about something.

Oh wait ... you should know that since you've done sooooooo much research on gay people. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, they aren't. A group has decided to make it's priority, which the group doesn't even consist of gay people, it's straight people fighting for gay rights even when the gay people don't care about something.

Read the article and watch the video in the OP

It says the rally was sponsered by the LGBT

And the guy they interveiwed was an open homo.

btw it looked like less than 10 people attended the rally

Read the article and watch the video in the OP

It says the rally was sponsered by the LGBT

And the guy they interveiwed was an open homo.

btw it looked like less than 10 people attended the rally

The only organization is one that is straight people fighting for gay rights ... as I said ... which is probably why this particular "rally" had almost no attention, because a majority of gay people just don't care what the BSA does, as long as they remain federal funding free they can do whatever they want within the law.

Because accepting government money revokes your right to freedom of association? Because government money makes it a good idea for the government to micromanage people's lives?

Hey, its how it works with the school systems correct?

Um, public schools don't "accept government money". They are actually government institutions. It's like saying the Department of Defense "accepts government money". Last time I checked, the BSA is not and never has been a government institution.

Let me connect the dots for you here, since you seem unable:

Theres private schools and public schools. Public schools, like you say, are government institutions.

Private schools arent and can teach whatever the fuck they want, as long as they remain private and receieve no "public" money.

Now, maybe you can see the relationship as it might apply to other organizations, in this case the BSA, like I was hinting at in my first post.

The same motive as heterosexuals who are in leadership roles in the BSA.

The appropriate question is why would pedophiles --- and those who choose to harm children in any manner --- seek to be involved with youth groups and activities.

Oh wait ... you should know that since you've done sooooooo much research on gay people. :eusa_whistle:

This is the group that held the rally:
Scouting for All: Committed to Scouting, Open to Diversity. Working to end discrimination against gays, atheists, agnostics, other non-theists, and all other groups in the Boy Scouts of America.

And it is a gay rights scouting group..

And also upon further research on the subject, the public land of balboa park is public land, leased by BSA, and it is common knowledge that the use of public land is not to be used for religious purposes.. This was also judged against BSA, that they are a religious organization. Scouting for all is simply contending that the lease BSA has in Balboa park is null and void since they are a religious organization.

'Pathetic' Discrimination of Kids | NBC San Diego

should the boy scouts of america
be told by the government whom they can and cannot associate with/give membership too?

I went through the thread to make sure the case was not posted already.
Did you happen to notice the article/video in the OP is NOT about pressuring the government to do anything? Rather they are "calling on the Boy Scouts of America to end what it calls "discriminatory practices" against gays and atheists."

Did you happen to notice the article/video in the OP is NOT about pressuring the government to do anything? Rather they are "calling on the Boy Scouts of America to end what it calls "discriminatory practices" against gays and atheists."

Sure did notice, but the poster also asked, specifically, as you also quoted us both:

"should the boy scouts of america be told by the government whom they can and cannot associate with/give membership too?"

The case is direct on point!

Crap. My computer froze and I lost the copy I'd made in response to chanel's post.

Most news sites no longer have the original articles posted. After searching around, I found that these (alleged) incidents occurred outside of Scouting activities --- in private, after events, at multiple locations.. I also read a number of comments from people who had been a part of the Sea Scouts while he was a leader. No one indicated they ever witnessed Evans displaying any "grooming" behaviours during Scouting events; in fact, all the comments I've read so far stated the opposite. To blame the BSA for what (allegedly) occurred is ridiculous.

I say "allegedly" because I haven't found anything regarding the outcome of any trial.

Sure did notice, but the poster also asked, specifically, as you also quoted us both:

"should the boy scouts of america be told by the government whom they can and cannot associate with/give membership too?"

The case is direct on point!
Well it seems rather odd to post a topic asking whether the government should force the BSA to admit gays when the link provided is about an organization urging the BSA to change their policies.

Perhaps the OP should edit and replace his link with one that makes his point.

Forum List

Back