Should suggestions of suicide be against the rules? Is it already?

I have no opinion on this one but I sure do wish all those who defend Islamic terrorism like they do would volunteer to be the next victim.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

I have no opinion on this one but I sure do wish all those who defend Islamic terrorism like they do would volunteer to be the next victim.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

"..all those who defend Islamic terrorism like they do.."

Who are you talking about?

Link please.

Then you have the ones in the FZ who threaten to be close to suicide just to get people to ease up on them or to get attention.

If I do commit suicide...

...I am taking all you with me. ;)

Stop moving around.

I work almost entirely in the Evironment forum. It is not completely uncommon there for man-made warming deniers to suggest those of us on the other side of the argument should commit suicide to eliminate our CO2 input to the atmosphere and, of course, to rid them of a debating opponent with whom they're having difficulty dealing. Certainly with certain individuals, that sort of thing could be considered dangerous. The news has no shortage of stories of young people who commit suicide after unpleasant experiences on social media.

If I were making the rules, I would have one against suggesting suicide. What do you think?
I agree. I doubt the rule will change. This forum allows violent speech toward other members, like suggesting suicide even to goading a person on and suggesting methods.

That doesn't make me think we must silence people who say rude things online.

I think the courts already disagree with you.

If I remember right - young female teen, bullied on line, obesity or something like that. Teen killed herself, parents sued and won - criminal trial followed, but I am not sure of the outcome.

Shadow 355
This place will only change if something terrible like that were to happen. Having a serious convo with staff about it would be a good idea.

I always thought dying between the barn and house in a blinding snow storm was the worst. I mean all I had to do was find the damn barn or house. Two choices and I am in the middle. Still die. Oh well.

Some people think not posting for a day or quitting altogether is "forum suicide".

Now that's taking the importance of this place WAY too seriously.

Some people think not posting for a day or quitting altogether is "forum suicide".

What? You mean you have no respect in the FZ? :lol:

What? You mean you have no respect in the FZ? :lol:
I have respect for myself. I've got a ton of those folks on ignore. I post there to and with friends and the only contact I have with them is when they rep my posts.

Shadow--

You give the term "non-sequitur" new meaning.

Dhara

So, you were work site bullied, shadow?

Why didn't your co-workers like you?

One of my former coworkers would take the paper work that I organized for graveyard shift to enter in the computer and file every night, and he would shuffle it up and say " F " them. The coworker has since left, and got a job in heating and cooling .

Shadow 355

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you were work site bullied, shadow?

Why didn't your co-workers like you?

I had a nice hair cut - great uniform - shined boots - and probably I will only guess, rumors as I understand from my last job that other people started .

Shadow 355

It seems someone is more upset about something else and wants to silence his critics .

That's one view. It'll be interesting to see if management buys it. Besides, how does a rule against suggesting suicide silence my critics?

Its funny you never mentioned the thread "kill the deniers" ya hypocrite

Kill the Deniers!!!

Oh but wait killing something in your world is ok but suggesting suicide is not.

Kind of amusing crick, you post this thread and 30 minutes latter you post childish nonsense in this thread

Kill the Deniers!!!

And their power trip will end in bloodshed...

HAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, WHAT A MAROON. Did that give your testicles a little tingle?

Did I suggest or recommend that anyone commit suicide? I have posted dozens of such posts now from deniers. I have seen none from anyone on my side of the argument, including my own response to Stephanie.

It seems someone is more upset about something else and wants to silence his critics .

That's one view. It'll be interesting to see if management buys it. Besides, how does a rule against suggesting suicide silence my critics?

Its funny you never mentioned the thread "kill the deniers" ya hypocrite

Kill the Deniers!!!

Oh but wait killing something in your world is ok but suggesting suicide is not.

Kind of amusing crick, you post this thread and 30 minutes latter you post childish nonsense in this thread

Kill the Deniers!!!

And their power trip will end in bloodshed...

HAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, WHAT A MAROON. Did that give your testicles a little tingle?

Did I suggest or recommend that anyone commit suicide? I have posted dozens of such posts now from deniers. I have seen none from anyone on my side of the argument, including my own response to Stephanie.

You joined the crowd......Damn dude you will never get how hypocritical you are.

Forum List

Back