Should republicans "Man up" and reject Sarah Palin?

LOL, so now Palin is the "supposed leader" of the Republican party.

wasn't it Rush Limbaugh before that? I'm sure Rush will be disappointed he has been dethroned.:lol:

I notice you are unable to name a name?

Michael Steele?

Opinion: Joe Scarborough tells GOP to man up and confront Sarah Palin - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com

Republicans have a problem. The most-talked-about figure in the GOP is a reality show star who cannot be elected. And yet the same leaders who fret that Sarah Palin could devastate their party in 2012 are too scared to say in public what they all complain about in private.

Enough. It’s time for the GOP to man up.

Everybody knows that Palin is a busy woman. The former half-term governor of Alaska stays so busy these days that one wonders how this mother of five manages to juggle her new reality show, follow her eldest daughter’s dancing career and launch her latest frenetic book tour while still finding the time to insult a slew of revered presidents and first ladies.

You’ve got to admit hers is a breathtaking high-wire act.

What man or mouse with a fully functioning human brain and a résumé as thin as Palin’s would flirt with a presidential run? It makes the political biography of Barack Obama look more like Winston Churchill’s, despite the fact that the 44th president breezed into the Oval Office as little more than a glorified state senator.

:lol:.whatever.......

Joe needs to lay off the caffeine...

ran across this today..I guess this article posted in the Politico by ole Joe is KEEPING IT CIVIL.:lol: links in article.

Joe Scarborough keeps things civil
By Jim Treacher | Published: 7:55 PM 11/30/2010

Howard Fineman reports that Scarborough is helping to launch a “new national group dedicated to restoring civility in politics”:

Scarborough, a Republican, former Florida congressman and host of “Morning Joe” on MSNBC, will participate in the debut event of “No Labels” on December 13 at Columbia University in New York…

Nancy Jacobson, a leading Democratic fundraiser and wife of Clinton-era pollster Mark Penn, launched “No Labels” last year with major advice coming from Mark McKinnon, who was media advisor to George W. Bush in 2000 and Sen. John McCain in 2008.

The message of the group, encapsulated in a “Declaration” written by McKinnon, is a plea for calm, reason and cooperation. “We are not labels, we are people… We believe hyper-partisanship is destroying our politics and paralyzing our ability to govern… We may disagree on issues, but we do so with civility and mutual respect…”

Hey, neat!

In other big Scarborough news, he had an opinion column at Politico this morning on Sarah Palin. Here are some highlights:

read it all here.
Read more: Joe Scarborough keeps things civil | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

The message of the group, encapsulated in a “Declaration” written by McKinnon, is a plea for calm, reason and cooperation. “We are not labels, we are people… We believe hyper-partisanship is destroying our politics and paralyzing our ability to govern… We may disagree on issues, but we do so with civility and mutual respect…”

Imagine that

Encouraging politicians to act civily to each other

:lol:
the only damn time we see this call for civility, is when a Democrat is President and now that the Democrats got their asses kicked in this last election.
We saw how "civil" the left can be all during the Bush years.

:lol:
the only damn time we see this call for civility, is when a Democrat is President and now that the Democrats got their asses kicked in this last election.
We saw how "civil" the left can be all during the Bush years.

As "civil" as an impeachment?

I seem to remember Bush having a 90% approval rate....seems pretty civil to me

Pelosi Seeks House Minority 'Bill of Rights' (washingtonpost.com)

Some independent analysts say Democrats' complaints have merit.

Republicans "have taken every one of the techniques that Democrats employed when they were in the majority, and ratcheted them up to another level," said Norman J. Ornstein, a congressional scholar at the moderate-to-conservative American Enterprise Institute. "Republicans are now at a point where, reveling in the power they have, they are using techniques to jam bills through even when they don't have to . . . simply because they can."

Dreier said Republicans virtually always allow the House to vote on whether "to recommit" a GOP-drafted bill to committee and replace it with a Democratic version. "It is a bite at the apple" that Democrats in the 1980s often denied Republicans, he said.

But Democrats and several analysts say recommital votes are largely meaningless. Hastert's leadership team portrays them as "procedural votes" rather than matters of policy, and unwritten parliamentary rules make it essentially treasonous for lawmakers to vote against their party's leadership on procedural matters.

The inevitable party-line vote that keeps Democrats from recommitting a Republican bill "is the whole ballgame," Ornstein said, because it prevents Democrats from having a debate and a vote on the substance of their alternative proposals.

"The headiness of power has gotten to these guys more quickly than I would have expected," Ornstein said.

Last edited:
LOL, funny how just NOW Bella Pelsoi is demanding a "minority bill of rights" right AFTER the Progressives-Commies got their asses handed to them by the people in this last election..

from the article.
"When we are shut out, they are shutting out the great diversity of America," Pelosi said in an interview. "We want a return to civility; we want to set a higher standard."

Pelosi can take her bill of rights and stuff them in the same place as this gavel she paraded through a Tea Party rally.
pelosi.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
All this defense of Palin is as much a spite thing as anything else. Most rightwingers with a semblance of a brain know that she's an idiot; they simply support her to spite liberals who also know that she's an idiot.

All this defense of Palin is as much a spite thing as anything else. Most rightwingers with a semblance of a brain know that she's an idiot; they simply support her to spite liberals who also know that she's an idiot.

If she is such an idiot.... why do you guys care?

Let her destroy the Republicans..... Just like you dear leader Obama is doing for your party.

I could care less if he is destroying it..... I just hope he does'nt destroy America in the process.

Another Sarah Palin Thread.. Really?

btw. she makes scads and scads and scads of money for Republicans. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Show me any other supposed "leader" of the Republican Party and we can discuss him or her

A couple of years ago we were told it was El Rushbo :lmao:

You libs just dont know what to do with yourselves do ya... the end is near and you are going bat-crazy :cuckoo:

Its kind of fun to watch, but annoying at the same time.

Another Sarah Palin Thread.. Really?

btw. she makes scads and scads and scads of money for Republicans. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Show me any other supposed "leader" of the Republican Party and we can discuss him or her

A couple of years ago we were told it was El Rushbo :lmao:

You libs just dont know what to do with yourselves do ya... the end is near and you are going bat-crazy :cuckoo:

Its kind of fun to watch, but annoying at the same time.

Of course, as we all know, a political party/ belief system can have only one leader. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back