Should PTSD patients be able to purchase weapons

What happens if someone with PTSD and a gun shoots themselves because they can't cope? Does everyone just shrug their shoulders and not care?

And what happens if anybody takes a gun and shoots themselves or somebody else?

Why the separation of veterans here?

Look, if you want to make this fair and equal, then make it apply for anybody with PTSD.

Any female that has been raped or sexually assaulted, anybody who has ever been in an accident, anybody who worked long hours with little sleep. All of those are prime PTSD candidates.

I am pretty much rejecting it because I see this as yet another anti military thread.

I have PTSD, and I have a firearm.

Do you think it should be taken away fro me? On what basis?

Point in fact, every veteran probably has PTSD to one degree or another. It is not only caused by combat, but by any situation where the individual is under tremendous stress or a violent shock. It may be because they were in a vehicle which was in an accident, it may be because a friend was killed hundreds of miles away.

And we all handle it differently. For the most part, mine is non-existent, unless I am in a large rowdy crowd. And even then I do not get angry or violent, I simply try to quickly and quietly leave it as soon as possible.

Also - why would one type of PTSD be a qualifier, but no other? I have PTSD as well. I don't think the diagnosis should be enough to take away someone's rights. There should be much more to it than that.

Point in fact, every veteran probably has PTSD to one degree or another. It is not only caused by combat, but by any situation where the individual is under tremendous stress or a violent shock. It may be because they were in a vehicle which was in an accident, it may be because a friend was killed hundreds of miles away.

And we all handle it differently. For the most part, mine is non-existent, unless I am in a large rowdy crowd. And even then I do not get angry or violent, I simply try to quickly and quietly leave it as soon as possible.

Also - why would one type of PTSD be a qualifier, but no other? I have PTSD as well. I don't think the diagnosis should be enough to take away someone's rights. There should be much more to it than that.

What was your's from?

What was your's from?

What does it matter? PTSD is PTSD.

What was your's from?

Basically - I read "Mommie Dearest" and couldn't figure out what Christina was bitching about.

First of all I do not agree with the current administration's opinion that American Military Veterans should be suspected of engaging in domestic terrorism. I do, however, believe that Veterans who have been determined to be so psychotic that they are awarded a disability pension related to their mental disorder should never be able to legally possess or purchase a firearm unless their specific psychiatric veterans administrator signs off on each forearm.

They should be allowed to possess firearms until adjudicated mentally incompetent in accordance with due process.

Last edited:
Basically - I read "Mommie Dearest" and couldn't figure out what Christina was bitching about.

Try Binging it.

Allow me to try again. I read the book. When compared to my own childhood, I felt she was whining.

Hence the PTSD.

Got it, or must I try again.

I had a rough childhood myself.

Being molested when I was 6.

When I was 9 my mother had a stroke and it effected her personality. I had to join the service on my 18th birthday to get away from it.

I moved on however.

Everyone deals with this sort of thing differently.

Try Binging it.

Allow me to try again. I read the book. When compared to my own childhood, I felt she was whining.

Hence the PTSD.

Got it, or must I try again.

I had a rough childhood myself.

Being molested when I was 6.

When I was 9 my mother had a stroke and it effected her personality. I had to join the service on my 18th birthday to get away from it.

I moved on however.

Everyone deals with this sort of thing differently.

You've got to be kidding me.

Wow.

Okay. Thanks! Have a great day. :thup:

Guns! Guns for everyone! The mentally frazzled, the disturbed, the retarded, the anxiety riddled! Guns for children! Guns for the blind! After all, we have a RIGHT to guns! Public safety be damned! The innocent shou8ld have been armed themselves so they could exchange gun fire! Guns are fun! They make you feel like Rambo! You can't play Army without guns! The more powerful, the more deadly, the better! Guns are too cool to have the least restrictions placed on them.

We should have flamethrowers and rocket launchers and shoulder fired missile launchers too! Who cares if children get killed? Who cares if someone shoots up another church or temple or theater? Who cares if someone sees a husband playfully giving his wife a nuggy and then decides this is a case of assault and opens fire? Guns! Guns for everyone!

Guns! Guns for everyone! The mentally frazzled, the disturbed, the retarded, the anxiety riddled! Guns for children! Guns for the blind! After all, we have a RIGHT to guns! Public safety be damned! The innocent shou8ld have been armed themselves so they could exchange gun fire! Guns are fun! They make you feel like Rambo! You can't play Army without guns! The more powerful, the more deadly, the better! Guns are too cool to have the least restrictions placed on them.

We should have flamethrowers and rocket launchers and shoulder fired missile launchers too! Who cares if children get killed? Who cares if someone shoots up another church or temple or theater? Who cares if someone sees a husband playfully giving his wife a nuggy and then decides this is a case of assault and opens fire? Guns! Guns for everyone!

10allacc.gif

How about a little perspective, eh? More pedestrians are struck and killed by vehicles then people are killed by firearms.

10allacc.gif

How about a little perspective, eh? More pedestrians are struck and killed by vehicles then people are killed by firearms.
Right. Because the design purpose of an automobile is as a deadly weapon? Automobile licenses are suspended if the driver poses a public safety threat. Automobiles are registered with the state.

There's your perspective.

10allacc.gif

Maybe if they started running over kindergardners with electric cars they might want to ban the things.

What happens if someone with PTSD and a gun shoots themselves because they can't cope? Does everyone just shrug their shoulders and not care?

And what happens if anybody takes a gun and shoots themselves or somebody else?

Why the separation of veterans here?

Look, if you want to make this fair and equal, then make it apply for anybody with PTSD.

Any female that has been raped or sexually assaulted, anybody who has ever been in an accident, anybody who worked long hours with little sleep. All of those are prime PTSD candidates.

I am pretty much rejecting it because I see this as yet another anti military thread.

Anyone under psychiatric care or prescription psychiatric meds are restricted from gun ownership. It's not just an ex-military thing. Just look at what happens to the weapons of an ordinary citizen in the backwoods of Tennessee if you are stressed, have an anxiety attack, suicidal or have PTSD.

[YOUTUBE]nUv9pjxq5QI[/YOUTUBE]

Forum List

Back