Should our Constitution's 2nd Amendment be amended ... ?

Agreed... and I'd only add that the faith of the Anti-theist rests in absolutely no evidence of any kind, at any level. It is subjective conjecture, from soup to Leftists.

Exactly. There is absolutely no evidence that a god exists. Only your belief. Nothing more. Good luck to you...
Ooooohh no, no, no my boy, there's plenty of evidence God exists. Exhibit one, the Bible. Exhibit two, miracles. Exhibit three, saints, who have been witnessed to have performed miracles... shall I go on?

You see, you have it backwards... the Constitution sets forth what the government is allowed to do, and what it is not allowed to do. The People empower the government; We give the permissions...WE are the ones who "allow" the government to have guns and such. Not the other way around.

The People are not "...allowed a firearm..."--the notion is meaningless. The Right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms exists regardless of permission, and it "...Shall Not Be Infringed."

Then why even mention the militia in the second. Why not just say "people can have as many firearms as the want." End of story. Pretty straight forward...
"...the right of the people".
Not "...the militia..."
Not ".. the people in the militia..."
The people.
End of story.
Pretty straight forward
You're making my point for me. .
No. I obliterated your point.
End of story.

Rather than whine and cry abound the 2nd -- amend it. Grow balls, get off your ass and get rid of it.
Else, accept that it is there, that it does not mean what you want it to mean, and stop whining.
I'm not American so I can't. That's not even my main point in all this. I just love how people have hijacked the agenda when they use the second to justify having assault rifles etc. It somehow validates their right to have firearms that have 30-bullet magazines.
According to US legal jurisprudence, as the term is used in the 2nd, "arms" includes assault rifles.
Then someone like me takes it to the nth degree and says "well, why not a nuclear weapon"
According to US legal jurisprudence, as the term is used in the 2nd, "arms" does not include nuclear weapons.

Any questions?

You can claim something is possible until it's disproved.

Cool. I'm superman. Disprove it...

I can't disprove it. Therefore, the possibility exists that you could be superman.
It is, however more likely that I will sleep with Faith HIll, Sandra Bullock -and- Julie Bowen tonight, than he is superman.

Well, believe it or not, that is also a possibility. According to Michio Kaku, he presents his theoretical physics students with the problem... Calculate the odds of you waking up on Mars. Of course, the answer is astronomical, it would take more time to calculate than the universe has existed. But there is a possibility.

We have to be very careful when we proclaim something is "impossible" because Science has literally made a name for itself accepting that challenge.

Okay…..let's go up to a tall building and see what happens when I push you off of it…..

Doesn't prove I'm not Superman...

And what you are talking about is faith, not evidence. There are many things that can be proved, and many things that can't. God is one of them that can't. it's just a matter of faith. nothing more, nothing less.

Mother fucker... you old DOG... where the hell you been?

And to continue, the burden of proof falls on whomever is making the claim. So if someone is making the claim that there is no God, then it's up to them to prove there isn't... but then, you know that, you just love to be confrontational... :lol:

Life's been happening. Kids, work, blah, blah, blah

Is this the new Christian motto? "It's up to non-believers to prove that God doesn't exist"? uh-uh. No way, it is up to the believer to prove their FAITH is fact, not the other way around. I can prove quite easily that if I chuck you out of an airlocker in space you will die pretty quickly through lack of oxygen. You can't prove to me in any way, shape or form that a god exists.

Now I know you're a Christian, but just remember this: the vast majority of Christians are so because they were born into it. Just like if you are born in Utah the chances of you being a Mormon are quite high. Born in Pakistan? Very likely you'll be a Muslim. Italy or Spain? A Catholic. Israel? Jewish. Thailand? A Buddhist. Most people who have a religion have that religion because they were born into it, not because its belief system has any factual basis.

Ooooohh no, no, no my boy, there's plenty of evidence God exists. Exhibit one, the Bible. Exhibit two, miracles. Exhibit three, saints, who have been witnessed to have performed miracles... shall I go on?

1) Bible is nothing more than a book. Most of it a work of fiction with nothing to verify the contents have any factual basis.
2) What miracles?
3) What saints have been witnessed doing what? What tangible evidence is there.

And yes, please go on. Nothing you have said so far has been convincing...

Not "...the militia..."
The people.
End of story.
Pretty straight forward
End of story.

Er, no you didn't. My point was why mention the militia at all if the FF had not wanted that aspect to be the main point. You then talk about "the people". Exactly my point. The people. If that was the be-all and end-all why even mention the militia <hint, because that was the main point - the militia NOT the people>

Mother fucker... you old DOG... where the hell you been?

And to continue, the burden of proof falls on whomever is making the claim. So if someone is making the claim that there is no God, then it's up to them to prove there isn't... but then, you know that, you just love to be confrontational... :lol:

Life's been happening. Kids, work, blah, blah, blah

Is this the new Christian motto? "It's up to non-believers to prove that God doesn't exist"? uh-uh. No way, it is up to the believer to prove their FAITH is fact, not the other way around. I can prove quite easily that if I chuck you out of an airlocker in space you will die pretty quickly through lack of oxygen. You can't prove to me in any way, shape or form that a god exists.

Now I know you're a Christian, but just remember this: the vast majority of Christians are so because they were born into it. Just like if you are born in Utah the chances of you being a Mormon are quite high. Born in Pakistan? Very likely you'll be a Muslim. Italy or Spain? A Catholic. Israel? Jewish. Thailand? A Buddhist. Most people who have a religion have that religion because they were born into it, not because its belief system has any factual basis.
That's the whole point there bud, that the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, and you as well as others continue to make the claim that there is no God... well... YOU are making that claim, so prove it.

1) Bible is nothing more than a book. Most of it a work of fiction with nothing to verify the contents have any factual basis.
2) What miracles?
3) What saints have been witnessed doing what? What tangible evidence is there.

And yes, please go on. Nothing you have said so far has been convincing...
I know I can't convince you there is a God. Hell I've known that for a long time from past discussions, so I won't try. But the above content from you is your opinion and nothing more. I'm sure you also know how to use google, so search "miracles" and see what you get, there's plenty. So are miracles "magic" or "divine intervention?"

I can't disprove it. Therefore, the possibility exists that you could be superman.
It is, however more likely that I will sleep with Faith HIll, Sandra Bullock -and- Julie Bowen tonight, than he is superman.
Well, believe it or not, that is also a possibility.
I beat the odds!
Woo!

Not "...the militia..."
The people.
End of story.
Pretty straight forward
End of story.
Er, no you didn't. My point was why mention the militia at all if the FF had not wanted that aspect to be the main point.
That's not a point, its a question.
The answer?
It is irrelevant as the right of the people - not the militia, not the people in the militia, but the people - is protected by the amendment.
That is, by protecting the right of the whole, it guarantees the subset.

And it's up to me to prove it. And I can't. Neither can you about the existence of a god....

Well I don't need to prove God exists. I already know. You seem to need to prove God exists. You're sure going out of your way to make sure we know that you don't believe it's possible God does exist... sounds like you are searching for proof. I really do hope that you'll one day find the proof you need to believe in God.

Now I can help you in searching for evidence. Your first problem is where you're looking. For some crazy reason you're thinking that physical science should be able to prove God if one exists. But God, as we know, is not physical. God is a Spiritual entity connected with your soul. A physical God wouldn't serve much of a purpose. The evidence you need to evaluate is spiritual evidence. The problem is, you don't believe in Spiritual Nature. So we have kind of a Catch 22 here.

I can also give you some advice through my counsel with many people. Atheist Nihilism is a lonely and depressing road to travel. I have seldom met really old people who are Atheists. When you're young and wild, it's great to be an Atheist... fuck that Jesus crap, let's party baby! But as you grow older and life starts to happen upon you... things start to change. If you neglect your soul for too long there is no getting it back.

And it's up to me to prove it. And I can't. Neither can you about the existence of a god....
For proof of the existence of the Creator, one need look no farther than the Creation.

So... If you're still puzzled, go find a mirror. The dumbass looking back at you, is part and parcel of The Creation.

Well I don't need to prove God exists. I already know. You seem to need to prove God exists. You're sure going out of your way to make sure we know that you don't believe it's possible God does exist... sounds like you are searching for proof. I really do hope that you'll one day find the proof you need to believe in God.

Now I can help you in searching for evidence. Your first problem is where you're looking. For some crazy reason you're thinking that physical science should be able to prove God if one exists. But God, as we know, is not physical. God is a Spiritual entity connected with your soul. A physical God wouldn't serve much of a purpose. The evidence you need to evaluate is spiritual evidence. The problem is, you don't believe in Spiritual Nature. So we have kind of a Catch 22 here.

I can also give you some advice through my counsel with many people. Atheist Nihilism is a lonely and depressing road to travel. I have seldom met really old people who are Atheists. When you're young and wild, it's great to be an Atheist... fuck that Jesus crap, let's party baby! But as you grow older and life starts to happen upon you... things start to change. If you neglect your soul for too long there is no getting it back.

The burden is on you to prove that a god exists. I believe that Obama is the president of the US. This is an easily provable fact. I will drown if I stay underwater and don't come up to breath. A provable fact. There is nothing provable about a god. Only faith. Nothing more.

Old people start believing in a god out of fear. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no inherent belief just a sadness and fear that their lives have come to an end and that is it.

You don't need to believe in a god to be spiritual or have a good soul.

Why wouldn't a physical god serve a purpose? Why does he or she have to be supernatural? Sounds like a cop-out to me. A ready-made excuse that gives a free pass to those who believe that they don't have to prove their assertion of a god.

For proof of the existence of the Creator, one need look no farther than the Creation.

So... If you're still puzzled, go find a mirror. The dumbass looking back at you, is part and parcel of The Creation.

The creation is a myth from the fable of fables - the bible....

So Creation is a myth, therefore you are a myth, thus you do not exist?

ROFLMNAO!

Reader, what you witnessed in the above cited drivel is OKA: D E L U S I O N: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by reality and/or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

Forum List

Back