CDZ Should Officer Wilson Be Promoted ?

Lots of people are suggesting that Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson be promoted for his heroism in the Michael Brown incident. I agree. Wilson appears to have handled the situation properly, and courageously.

When first encountering Brown and Johnson walking in the middle of the street, and deliberately blocking traffic, he told them to stop doing that. First of all, the 2 idiots should not have been doing that, and their delinquency is not Wilson's fault. Then, instead of following the police command, and just going to the side of the street (out from the traffic), Brown attacked Wilson, as evidenced by Brown's blood being found in the police car by forensic experts.

What was Brown doing at the police car ? He only needed to get out of the middle of the street, not be at the police car. Obviously, Brown was a thug who attacked Wilson, just like he attacked the convenience store clerk, grabbing him and the throat, shoving him, and starting to attack him again.

Looks like Wilson did what he had to do, and nothing more, and did it bravely and decisively, as police officers should. Wilson should be honored with a medal and promotion. What a bunch of cop-hater lunatic fringers do or say is flat-out irrelevant.

Support grows for Darren Wilson officer who shot teen - CNN.com

WE ARE DARREN WILSON - DON T STOP BELIEVING BECAUSE WE RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT - GNL Christian Videos

Good God.

He took a man's life. Whether that was justified or not, you don't make it seem to the community at large like you are rewarding him for doing so.

And he will never work for the Ferguson PD again anyway, how could he?

I have been retired from law enforcement some time. As a State Trooper in a rural area we were required to notify our supervisor when a shooting took place. I had to call my supervisor in a shooting and his first question was "was he black". I said no that he was white and his statement then was "thank God". That is crazy. We should never be afraid to do our job and who cares what race he is.

I have been retired from law enforcement some time. As a State Trooper in a rural area we were required to notify our supervisor when a shooting took place. I had to call my supervisor in a shooting and his first question was "was he black". I said no that he was white and his statement then was "thank God". That is crazy. We should never be afraid to do our job and who cares what race he is.

Absolutely true. Race should have no bearing on how our law enforcement reacts and how their superiors handle the situations.

Absolutely true. Race should have no bearing on how our law enforcement reacts and how their superiors handle the situations.

Oh I disagree

I think from this point forward when a cop sees a black breaking the law, he should not walk but RUN the other way.

Won't be long before society starts screaming about just killing their black asses.

Shouldn't we wait and see if he is indicted before we decide about his promotion?
If I thought that, I wouldn't have written this OP, would I ?

Do you have access to all the information that the Grand Jury has?

It helps if you wait until I finish posting. You may now go back and finish reading the post.

Tip: generally allow at least 5 minutes before responding.

And what information I have (see Post # 36) is enough to warrant my posting this OP.

It helps if you go ahead and say what you want to BEFORE you hit the "POST REPLY" button.

I wait until you post. After that, it is fair game.
That's not able to be done, when you have to move away from the thread, and go to other USMB threads for info, because that wipes out what you've started to post. Only way to get around it, is to open 2 USMB sites at once, (which I do sometimes). Not a major obstacle - any of this. I guess I'll have to get back in the habit of that.

So, what you are saying is that Officer Wilson was correct in telling the two teens to stop walking in the middle of the street. And then he was attacked by Brown and was fighting for his life. If that about it?
Of course that's not all, but what you said was (correctly) PART of it.

So, what you are saying is that Officer Wilson was correct in telling the two teens to stop walking in the middle of the street. And then he was attacked by Brown and was fighting for his life. If that about it?

Ok, then what did the officer do that was above what his normal job description called for? And the fight with Brown cannot be the reason for a promotion, since Brown attacked Wilson it was a matter of defending himself and his life.

What did Wilson do that warrants a promotion? Stop 2 guys walking in the middle of the street?

Lots of people are suggesting that Ferguson Police officer Darren Wilson be promoted for his heroism in the Michael Brown incident. I agree. Wilson appears to have handled the situation properly, and courageously.

When first encountering Brown and Johnson walking in the middle of the street, and deliberately blocking traffic, he told them to stop doing that. First of all, the 2 idiots should not have been doing that, and their delinquency is not Wilson's fault. Then, instead of following the police command, and just going to the side of the street (out from the traffic), Brown attacked Wilson, as evidenced by Brown's blood being found in the police car by forensic experts.

What was Brown doing at the police car ? He only needed to get out of the middle of the street, not be at the police car. Obviously, Brown was a thug who attacked Wilson, just like he attacked the convenience store clerk, grabbing him and the throat, shoving him, and starting to attack him again.

Looks like Wilson did what he had to do, and nothing more, and did it bravely and decisively, as police officers should. Wilson should be honored with a medal and promotion. What a bunch of cop-hater lunatic fringers do or say is flat-out irrelevant.

WE ARE DARREN WILSON - DON T STOP BELIEVING BECAUSE WE RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT - GNL Christian Videos

Good God.

He took a man's life. Whether that was justified or not, you don't make it seem to the community at large like you are rewarding him for doing so.

He wouldn't be rewarded for killing someone. He would & SHOULD be rewarded for doing his job, and preventing harm to the community, which could have been traffic disruptions, accidents, or the 2 guys being run over. He also stopped a cheap, 2 bit violent criminal thug from committing a murder upon a police officer, namely himself. Are you concerned with THAT ?

As for working for the Ferguson PD, as I said in an earlier post, he might not be able to work for them on patrol, because he would be a target to some of the criminal loons around town, but he could works inside at a desk job. No reason fro him to leave the Ferguson PD altogether, after he's been doing a very fine job there for 6 years. He also ought to get a medal & promotion for his bravery and efficiency in stopping the thug Michael Brown. Speaking of "God"......God knows how many others this bully creep has assaulted in his life besides the cop and the store clerk.

images

Good God.

He wouldn't be rewarded for killing someone. He would & SHOULD be rewarded for doing his job, and preventing harm to the community, which could have been traffic disruptions, accidents, or the 2 guys being run over. He also stopped a cheap, 2 bit violent criminal thug from committing a murder upon a police officer, namely himself. Are you concerned with THAT ?

As for working for the Ferguson PD, as I said in an earlier post, he might not be able to work for them on patrol, because he would be a target to some of the criminal loons around town, but he could works inside at a desk job. No reason fro him to leave the Ferguson PD altogether, after he's been doing a very fine job there for 6 years. He also ought to get a medal & promotion for his bravery and efficiency in stopping the thug Michael Brown. Speaking of "God"......God knows how many others this bully creep has assaulted in his life besides the cop and the store clerk.

images

So preventing two guys walking the middle of the road, and potentially cause a traffic isssue, is reason for giving an active duty cop a promotion?? Isn't doing that part of his job?

Ok, then what did the officer do that was above what his normal job description called for? And the fight with Brown cannot be the reason for a promotion, since Brown attacked Wilson it was a matter of defending himself and his life.

What did Wilson do that warrants a promotion? Stop 2 guys walking in the middle of the street?
I'm not really sure what would warrant the promotion since I'm not privvy to Ferguson Police promotion policies, but just from a layman's standpoint, I see a cop who stopped a murder from happening, and wasn't afraid to do what he had to do to stop it, including mixing it up with a big, strong violent thug. One thing we can say about Wilson. The man can deal. If I knew the police protocols, I could say more. I'm just talking from the gut, you could say. (that's allowable here)

I'm not really sure what would warrant the promotion since I'm not privvy to Ferguson Police promotion policies, but just from a layman's standpoint, I see a cop who stopped a murder from happening, and wasn't afraid to do what he had to do to stop it, including mixing it up with a big, strong violent thug. One thing we can say about Wilson. The man can deal. If I knew the police protocols, I could say more. I'm just talking from the gut, you could say. (that's allowable here)

What I see is that Wilson was doing his job and suddenly found himself in a very bad situation.

I don't see anything that warrants a promotion or an award.

What I see is that Wilson was doing his job and suddenly found himself in a very bad situation.

I don't see anything that warrants a promotion or an award.
10-4. Message received.

I don't think he should be promoted just because he's been through hell. I don't know what can be done for him. I suppose move him to another state and change his appearance and the family's name. A sort of 'witness protection' arrangement.

But, what kind of occupation would he have? His whole life has been interrupted because of this.

The best kind of cop IS A DEAD COP
You should be BANNED from this forum entirely for posting that. Let's see if the moderators will have the balls to do that, after they get my report.

While I totally disagree with Ashtara, I always find it amusing that RWNJs who like to scream the loudest and the angriest of all, are always the first to run to mommy nanny state and demand that someone be silenced. That is neither clean nor true debate, sorry to say. Why in the world post such a topic in the CDZ and then troll people? What the hell is that?

The fact that Ashtara is allowed to say something as fucked up, stupid and unamerican as this is proof positive that our society functions quite well, for she is in a miniscule minority, which will be laughed and and derided by an overwhelming majority.

THAT's how it works.

Last edited:
The best kind of cop IS A DEAD COP
You should be BANNED from this forum entirely for posting that. Let's see if the moderators will have the balls to do that, after they get my report.

While I totally disagree with Ashtara, who is a sock, anyway, I always find it amusing that RWNJs like you, who like to scream the loudest and the angriest of all, are always the first to run to mommy nanny state and demand that someone be silenced. True to fascist leanings, what? lol....

You RWNJs completely miss the point, as usual. The fact that Ashtara is allowed to say something as fucked up, stupid and unamerican as this is proof positive that our society functions quite well, for she is in a miniscule minority, which will be laughed and and derided by an overwhelming majority.

You RWNJs will never get it, now will you...

Maybe we could get bonus points if Protectionist reports us? I could have a pile of them. lol

He is not deserving of promotion or termination...but he will get terminated from his job.

What does this event tell every white cop in the nation?

I don't think he should be promoted just because he's been through hell. I don't know what can be done for him. I suppose move him to another state and change his appearance and the family's name. A sort of 'witness protection' arrangement.

But, what kind of occupation would he have? His whole life has been interrupted because of this.

I agree with part of your statement, and find it to be humane and kind. What you don't add is that he himself added to this aggravation.

He is not deserving of promotion or termination...but he will get terminated from his job.

What does this event tell every white cop in the nation?

And why are you playing the race card here in the CDZ?

If you do not think this event has much to do about race, you are a fool.

If Wilson were black, we would not even know about this shooting.

Forum List

Back