Should Muslims be given an out?

Unbelievable. We have an ALL VOLUNTEER military. And have had so since 1974. No one forced anyone to join the military. Further we have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001 ( Afghanistan) and 2003 ( Iraq) it is now almost 2010. No one is still in that has not recently joined or reenlisted.

NO ONE in the military has any excuse for a get out of serving card. They all VOLUNTEERED to join. They all VOLUNTEERED to join KNOWING we were fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. KNOWING they would be sent there more likely then not.

Ya anyone that wants out should refuse to deploy and do the jail time for that military criminal offense. NO ONE deserves a get out of deployment card. FOR ANY REASON that is not already spelled out in the UCMJ and military manuals.

Then you are saying that DADT shoud be dropped? 12 THOUSAND soldiers kicked out for being gay? Find it hard to believe that many could be "discovered"? I believe it's being used by cowards hiding (pardon the expression) behind the gays.

Can officers really get out if they want to?

Tours have been forced over and over again by people past their time of enlistment. That has been a complaint since Rumsfield.

People enlisted to go to Iraq because,
1. Iraq's involvement with 9/11
2. Iraq's WMDs threatened the US

If both proved to be lies, is the military contract "void"?

Doesn't seem so "cut and dry".

Your point is meaningless. Your thread is bullshit. They all volunteered, they deserve no out. Further they have no legal standing to even ASK for a way out. LET ME REPEAT for you, Islam does NOT forbid one Muslim from fighting another Muslim. There is no basis in fact for you to want them to be forgiven their contracts.

Ohh and dumb ass? No one signed a Contract just to fight in Iraq. Further no one claimed Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 EXCEPT you Liberal dumb asses. And there is ample proof that Saddam Hussein was paying to have France, China and Russia lift sanctions and that as soon as those were gone he would return to mass production of Biological and Chemical research and weapons as well as Nuclear research in an attempt to get the bomb.

When conservatives realize they are losing an argument, they begin to scream, they become loud and shrill and use lots of dirty words. As if all that suddenly makes it true.

You said, " Further no one claimed Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 EXCEPT you Liberal dumb asses." 90% of those in the military believed that we invaded Iraq becuase of Saddam's involvement in 9/11. Where do you think they got that idea?

Mass production of biological and chemical? Everything he had he bought. Beyond making rugs or growing dates, Iraq never had much of an industry or a manufacturing base. Being a mainly religious country, science has never been high on their list of priorities, just like here for the religious. Difficult to develope those things without science.

Sorry Pepe, you are not making a lot of sense. Maybe read back out loud what you write before you hit "sumbit reply". Might save some embarrassment.

I don't know what they're doing in the military to begin with. According to what our esteemed Muslim contributors here say about the faith, I would expect them all to be conscientious objectors. :lol:

I get it now. You assume that I'm against gays serving openly in the military. You're wrong.

No, I was saying that if they were OUT for being gay, then they never "re-enlisted".

I believe that many "so called" gays are just cowards using the "gay card" as an excues to get out.

My feeling is that we bring back the draft. If there are any "deferments" given out, then they are for combat duty only. But everyone should serve.

It's a disgrace to have Cheney and Bush as president and vice president. One belonging to a "special" unit made up of the sons or rich and famous and the other one not going at all, and then sending young Americans to fight and die in a dump like Iraq. A country that is now a religious theocracy.

Chicken Hawks. If there was a draft, we would stop starting wars or they would be funded properly. What is going on now is a tragedy.

I get it now. You assume that I'm against gays serving openly in the military. You're wrong.

No, I was saying that if they were OUT for being gay, then they never "re-enlisted".

I believe that many "so called" gays are just cowards using the "gay card" as an excues to get out.

My feeling is that we bring back the draft. If there are any "deferments" given out, then they are for combat duty only. But everyone should serve.

It's a disgrace to have Cheney and Bush as president and vice president. One belonging to a "special" unit made up of the sons or rich and famous and the other one not going at all, and then sending young Americans to fight and die in a dump like Iraq. A country that is now a religious theocracy.

Chicken Hawks. If there was a draft, we would stop starting wars or they would be funded properly. What is going on now is a tragedy.

Ah ...

I'd end DADT yesterday if I could but I'm not too keen on the citizen soldier as I would prefer only having people in the military who want to be there. I do understand and see the merit in your opinion, tho.

Ah ...

I'd end DADT yesterday if I could but I'm not too keen on the citizen soldier as I would prefer only having people in the military who want to be there. I do understand and see the merit in your opinion, tho.

In the ideal world, I would prefer an all volunteer force. But in this world, the disadvantaged join the military to make a better life for themselves and their family. I never could have the job I have without the GI bill helping me through college.

But then I look at what Bush and right wing ideology did. Republicans used 9/11 as an opportunity to make money. If I had been young enough, I know I would have reenlisted to go get Bin Laden. Instead, the military was used to make money. Those young Americans were used. They let Bin Laden go.

If young soldiers are going to be put into a position to be used the way they were, I would prefer everyone be subject to the draft. It would be way harder to send your own kids off to die for a few bucks than to send a strangers.

Provide some proof anyone in our Government besides left wing loons ever claimed Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. You say everyone believed , shouldn't be to hard to link us to some evidence of it.

While you are at it provide some evidence to back up your claim 90 percent of the military believed it.

Bush was a pilot in the most dangerous aircraft in US service at the time. And he flew more hours in said aircraft then required. He also volunteered to fly in Vietnam but was turned down because he did not have enough flight time for the program.

Now provide us some evidence that Bush got in to the Air national Guard ahead of anyone else. Dan Rather spent 5 years trying to prove Bush got favorable treatment and failed miserably, resorting to a fake document. Perhaps you can do better?

Ohh and if Cheney not serving is a factor then I guess Obama is just as bad? How about the draft dodger Clinton?

Only if they're homosexual Muslims...

Who like to eat a big pork dog on a Friday night.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that."

Mohommed's half brother MoeMoeblue loved a good pork dog on a Friday night.

So it is written.

Last edited:
JenyEliza it's really easy to discriminate when you aren't the one having to worry about discrimination isn't it? I mean what's next, perhaps we should start watching all Hispanic recruits into the military just in case the might have illegal immigrant relatives, or perhaps we should require each Jewish military recruit to be scrutinized and watched closely, just in case they don't like Arabs and Muslims and might be joining up just to kill them. Better yet perhaps we should watch every African American recruit closely just in case they may have a relative or a friend involved in some sort of gang activity.

The fact of the matter is those concepts and the ones you present all sound just as rediculous. Now I totally don't feel like muslims should get an out from our nation's military, nor should gays for that matter. I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly where you're going to be sent if you decide to join up with the United States military. Also with that being said if you choose to serve your country in the armed forces risking your life. You deserve the respect to be treated equally regardless of what faith you practice. I mean call me crazy, but who has proven that Hasan in all of his disgustingness commited this horrible act because he is a muslim?? Honestly I hope that our military is advent on recognizing and dealing with individuals regardless of religion who might be close to a breaking point

Nobody is being forced to enlist. Those that choose to do so should honor the terms of the contract that they signed; they knew going in that they'd be fighting other Muslims. Personally, I'll never serve during a non-defensive conflict or one in which I may be killing innocent co-religionists. Muslims that chose to do so must live with their decision.

Forum List

Back