Should Muslims be given an out?

Discussion in 'Military' started by rdean, Nov 10, 2009.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    Some wonder if Muslims should be given an "out" so they don't have to go overseas and fight other Muslims.

First, I think they have been using DADT to "get out". I find it hard to believe that suddenly, there are dozens of "gay" Arabic translators. Doesn't seem "believable".

When I pointed out that the 12 thousand GI's discharged under DADT seems awfully high. When I was in the service, I knew two guys who were most definitely NOT gay, but said they were to get out - and they were let out.

One person wrote that a woman who was kicked out for being gay, showed up with her "boyfriend" to help carry her stuff.

Several wrote that if the person was such a coward that they would say they were gay just to get out, then good riddance.

So the question I have, "If someone could just "lie" and say they were gay to get out, why not just let them out?

If gays are let out, why not Muslims?"

FOXNews.com - House Members Seek Hearings on Dismissed Gay Arab Linguists - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Military Soft On Don't Ask, Don't Tell? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

My personal feeling is that we should bring back the draft and screw the deferments, but that's just my personal feelings.

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Once again, it's like you're speaking a foreign language, but I think if a Muslim wants out, let him the fuck out. So I think we agree. But I'm not sure.

3. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    If they signed on the dotted line they know full well what that entails, no out, if they don't want it they can not re-enlist or sign up in the first place PERIOD.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Our Military is not built on "Oh I really don't like to fight in this war because I share a common factor with them". BULL CRAP...They have two choices, don't sign up for the military in the first place or if already in the military go to their supervisor/commander and let them know. I'm sure we can help them with a fast exit from the Military!

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    So is it OK if they say they are "gay" to get out? I believe that happens all the time.

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    No, they shouldn't. Everyone in the military has either enlisted or reenlisted once since 9/11.

7. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    It is a foreign language to some. Complete sentences, spell check, no swearing. It's called "English".

Most of those on the right speak "Simple". Because they are "Simpletons" from the land of "Simple". It's one of the reasons they are able to answer everything in one of two ways. Right or wrong. Black or white. Good or bad. Their lives are "line art". No shades of gray.

It might be a good idea to let the Muslims out. As long as the news shows Americans firing on Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in Africa, then people will perceive these altercations as "religious" in nature. We know the US is supposed to be going after al Qaeda, but Iraq changed all that. There was no al Qaeda in Iraq until we let them in.

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    Except the gays.

9. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Being gay doesn't equate to being deployed to fight in a war that you knew you would be called upon doing. You compare apples to oranges.

10. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    When our Military tales up arms fighting a bunch of GAYS in a war then we can re-address your point. *rolls eyes*