Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

Tell yourself what ever you need to get through the day.

Okay, you are an idiot.

Begs the question: Should white folks be allowed to fly airplanes?

Opinion In U.S. right wing extremists more deadly than jihadists - CNN.com

CNN, a left wing government tool. They are the perfect example of those that try to minimize and gloss over Islamic terrorism which is a WORLD WIDE phenomenon with MULTIPLE murders every day based upon extreme religious beliefs.

It's much easier for some folks to talk about a foreign menace than it is to deal with home grown traitors.
DHS intelligence report warns of domestic right-wing terror threat - Washington Times
You mean like the home grown traitors in the Democratic Party? More specifically, the one in the White House?

No, I mean exactly the kind of traitors described in the link. Which part didn't you understand?

Okay, you are an idiot.

CNN, a left wing government tool. They are the perfect example of those that try to minimize and gloss over Islamic terrorism which is a WORLD WIDE phenomenon with MULTIPLE murders every day based upon extreme religious beliefs.

It's much easier for some folks to talk about a foreign menace than it is to deal with home grown traitors.
DHS intelligence report warns of domestic right-wing terror threat - Washington Times
You mean like the home grown traitors in the Democratic Party? More specifically, the one in the White House?

No, I mean exactly the kind of traitors described in the link. Which part didn't you understand?
I didn't read it, so there's nothing to understand there, but when the word "traitor" is mentioned, the word "Democrats" naturally comes to mind.

I didn't read it, so there's nothing to understand there, but when the word "traitor" is mentioned, the word "Democrats" naturally comes to mind.

I didn't expect you would, since you obviously support treason.

You got me there, genius. Declining to read propaganda is a sure sign that somebody supports treason. :lol:

You got me there, genius. Declining to read propaganda is a sure sign that somebody supports treason. :lol:
It's probably better if you don't know, a closed mind can only handle so much information at once.

I don't think they would "hide" it, but I do think they would gloss over it, try to minimize it, perhaps try and blame it on his "mental illness" instead of on Islam.

If a person is mentally ill, and subscribes to the Islamic religion, that could tend to make them even MORE crazy and more bold, IMO. So if there is a component of Islam involved, it should not be glossed over. It needs to be acknowledged and faced head on. We need to stop making excuses for these people.

I don't think a Muslim is any crazier than a Christian, a Jew, or anyone from any other religion. A crazy Christian is as dangerous as someone from another religion who has the same disease. Ask the families of the victims of the Anders Behring Breivik attack if this isn't true. And to be frank, I've seen no one making excuses for this German pilot. Have you?

Well you are wrong then. It's a simple as that. These people in the ME are a lot of times ignorant and uneducated and DIRT poor. Use your common sense and figure it out.

The hijackers on 9/11 were educated and from wealthy families. You figure it out.

People who are suffering from a mental illness a LOT of times turn to "religion" which can sometimes make their delusions even worse, and ISLAM is a violent cult with some very "middle ages" belief systems.

Yes, sometimes they do. But that usually depends on how inclined to religious belief they are to begin with.

And Chris, every religion of Middle Eastern origin is an unfortunate throwback from the dark ages. Christianity is no exception.

That doesn't mean they haven't been brainwashed by their imams. Also, do you have a link that they were educated and from wealthy families? From what I gathered, their training was paid for by Al Qaeda operatives, not their own families. Ignorance is the reason why there are so many of these "problems" that stem from Islam, IMO. They can't ALL be crazy, so it has to be lack of education and lack of exposure to the modern world around them.

American Christians, for the most part, are part of the world around them, aware and educated, as that is a mandatory requirement in OUR country. Of course there are always exceptions.
.Based on what I read on this board, this statement is totally untrue; in fact, it is quite the opposite
Only because you read these pages through bigoted glasses.

It's probably better if you don't know, a closed mind can only handle so much information at once.
Aww, his feewings are hurt because I wouldn't read his link. :crybaby:

The only feeling I have at this moment is pity for you.

Is that why you're whining?

Do you even have a reason to exist? Seems like God overlooked something here.

Do you even have a reason to exist? Seems like God overlooked something here.
Yes, he forgot to give you a brain. Probably why you're a liberal.

really------what do they call themselves? do they have specific meeting halls or HOUSES of WORSHIP-----
manuals or scriptural writings-----a WEB SITE? Does the organization seek donations?-----do they have a history----a language? clergy? classes for their kids?

Is that a requirement for an ideology?

for organized and extensive ideology----of course-----
you want to refer to GOTH as a viable "ideology"?

They usually call themselves White Supremacists or variants there of.

ok-----they are organized enough to be considered a dangerous ideology------they do meet----they have publications and they even have a lingo-----we have a few on this board I would agree that neither white
supremacists nor members of the Ku Klux Klan should be airplane pilots. chefs have a lingo and literature and place for meetings-----but they are not known for terrorism. If they had a history of mass staphlycoccal food poisonings------I would say that they should not be either airplane pilots or stewardesses

I think it's a good idea to have a list of certain mentalities that should never be entrusted with a jumbo jet, but the Left would included white supremacists on that list, who have never crashed planes into buildings, and exclude Muslims, who have. It isn't about saving lives to them, ideology is supreme even over the facts.

1.57 billion Muslims around the world. 19 Muslim terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into buildings. The Right would have us believe this is statistically relevant.

It has nothing to do with "misguided" tolerance. Pilots are professionals, well screened and vetted. Incidents like this one, which is looking like a suicide are exceedingly rare when you look at the big picture. As far as I can find - there have been no verifiable incidents of professional pilots crashing a plane for "jihadi" purposes. Yes, the 9/11 terrorists hijacked a plane and forced it to crash, and yes, they were trained to be pilots but they were not professional pilots. There have been more cases of pilot suicides then pilots-turned-jihadists.

So, no it's not "misguided tolerance" - it's logic.

If I were traveling with my family, it wouldn't be the pilots I'd worry about and the pilots religion would have no bearing on it.

Just for laughs - what are you going to do if you ever visit the Middle East? Chances are - your pilot will be Muslim. And as an interesting sidenote - for airplane safety, UAE is one of the safest.

So these guys were pilots just not professional pilots? come on now lol. Of course the pilots in Arab countries will be Muslim but I dont think many of us have any vacations planned over there anytime soon.
It has nothing to do with "misguided" tolerance. Pilots are professionals, well screened and vetted. Incidents like this one, which is looking like a suicide are exceedingly rare when you look at the big picture. As far as I can find - there have been no verifiable incidents of professional pilots crashing a plane for "jihadi" purposes. Yes, the 9/11 terrorists hijacked a plane and forced it to crash, and yes, they were trained to be pilots but they were not professional pilots. There have been more cases of pilot suicides then pilots-turned-jihadists.

So, no it's not "misguided tolerance" - it's logic.

If I were traveling with my family, it wouldn't be the pilots I'd worry about and the pilots religion would have no bearing on it.

Just for laughs - what are you going to do if you ever visit the Middle East? Chances are - your pilot will be Muslim. And as an interesting sidenote - for airplane safety, UAE is one of the safest.
So your answer is yes you would trust your family to Left wing "tolerance" when it can get them killed? I think it's an excellent test of your real convictions because even what you post here is no indicator to what you would really do in that situation. Somehow all that "vetting" would prove less than reassuring.

Wouldn't it?

No. That is *your* answer. I trust my family to the well-established safety records of the airlines I fly on, and the process by which pilots are trained and hired. If the pilot happened to be Muslim - yes, we would still fly. And *that* is what I would really do.

I don't believe you, but that is ultimately to your credit. I do believe that when you see that your airline pilot is a devout Muslim, you will grab your kids and high tail it out of there and book another flight...preferably with a Methodist....because they don't crash planes into buildings. Liberalism always breaks apart on the shoals of real life.

:lol: You are completely wrong. And it has never ever occurred to me to even think about a pilot's religion ;)

Come to think of it, maybe an athiest is the best pilot - they know that our life on earth now is the only life we'll have and might be less likely to end it ...hm?

Atheists also don't anticipate eternal consequences for their actions as demonstrated by the 120 million people they killed in the 20th century.

And no I'm not completely wrong. I have the utmost faith that you will do the right thing if the situation actually arises. You'll probably manufacture an excuse that has nothing to do the pilot being Muslim. It really doesn't matter what reason you give because ultimately when you see this:

IrfanFaizwasarrestedafterbeingspottedstaggeringaroundtheairportminutesbeforehewasduetoflyaplane.jpg

There's no way in Dante's Hell you're going to put your family on that plane, tolerant Leftist or not.

and yet you are absolutely wrong because I have flown on a plane that 99% is likely to have had a Muslim pilot and I never gave it a second thought :)

What if this guy turns out to have been a Christian. Should we then also not allow Christians to be airline pilots?
Ravi, surely you understand why what you say is a non sequitur. Christianity does not teach to kill everyone who doesn't follow the doctrine, islam does. We haven't had a rash of christians crash planes on purpose, we have with muslims. I know of no christian leaders calling for death and destruction for innocent people, there are many such muslim leaders. Surely you understand this.

Well there you go Ravi. The double standard insists that it is somehow "different".

you want to know if your dentist is Muslim?

I want to know if my dentist is a DEVOUT Muslim, because Muhammad (piss be upon him) taught his followers to wipe their asses with their left hand and use sand, dirt, and gravel to "clean" their hands afterward. And Muhammad (piss be upon him) is considered a model of excellence to be imitated by all his most devout followers.

That's also why I never shake hands with them.

Funny thing that.

That originated at a time when hygiene was not well practiced or known, and continued, in scripture, kind of like the old laws and rules like not eating shellfishetc for Jews. Most of those rules for both Muslims and Jews, were actually far ahead of their time, particularly in a land with very little water. Makes sense and yet, you insist on mocking it and distorting it: Islamic toilet etiquette - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Do you know what the Catholics were doing hygiene-wise in that era? The stench of medieval Europe still echoes today - English pravda.ru

you want to know if your dentist is Muslim?

I want to know if my dentist is a DEVOUT Muslim, because Muhammad (piss be upon him) taught his followers to wipe their asses with their left hand and use sand, dirt, and gravel to "clean" their hands afterward. And Muhammad (piss be upon him) is considered a model of excellence to be imitated by all his most devout followers.

That's also why I never shake hands with them.

Funny thing that.

That originated at a time when hygiene was not well practiced or known, and continued, in scripture, kind of like the old laws and rules like not eating shellfishetc for Jews. Most of those rules for both Muslims and Jews, were actually far ahead of their time, particularly in a land with very little water. Makes sense and yet, you insist on mocking it and distorting it: Islamic toilet etiquette - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Do you know what the Catholics were doing hygiene-wise in that era? The stench of medieval Europe still echoes today - English pravda.ru
Go away. Maybe some of us don't want to be disillusioned.

Do you know of any other "violent ideology" whose adherents are eager to murder innocent people, and die themselves?
Tea party peeps
2010 Austin suicide attack - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The case you cited is not relevant for several reasons. Joseph Stack (who flew a small private plane into an IRS building) was not part of any sort of "ideology", he was a citizen who had been abused by the IRS, as has happened to so many other citizens. He wasn't trying to randomly murder innocent people, he was targeting the IRS. He didn't do it to go to heaven (and have sex with virgins), he was tired of being abused by the IRS. Lastly, your point is not relevant because he was never an airline pilot. I'm not saying ALL bad people are muslim. I'm saying that islam is a violent, murderous, evil "religion" whose adherents murder innocent people, and therefore, muslims should NOT be allowed to be airline pilots. Also, "Tea party peeps" is NOT a religion or ideology.

Tea Party IS an ideology.

Forum List

Back