Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

Brucethethinker

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2011
How many people have to die before we figure this out? All the planes that are deliberately crashed have had muslim pilots. Are we so afraid of hurting their feelings that we'll continue to sacrifice innocent lives, including children? Should passengers be allowed to know if their pilot is muslim? If not, why not?

How many people have to die before we figure this out? All the planes that are deliberately crashed have had muslim pilots. Are we so afraid of hurting their feelings that we'll continue to sacrifice innocent lives, including children? Should passengers be allowed to know if their pilot is muslim? If not, why not?
At the risk of hurting your feelings, you're a bigot and an idiot.

Your post is the product of faulty reasoning, it fails as a hasty generalization fallacy, where the actions of a few are not representative of the whole.

Moreover, in the United States, what you propose would be actionable in the private sector and un-Constitutional in the public.

Given their history of murdering innocent people, usually through the practice of hijacking planes, the answer to your question is a definite and resounding NO! In fact, they shouldn't be allowed to even board planes as passengers.

Hmmm. My inclination is to say no. Why? For the same reasons of what SJ just said. BUT...on the other hand, not all muslims are murderers or extremists. Then again, the risk that one IS an extremist and has such a weapon in his hands...but then thats painting all of them with a very broad brush....however, is the glass half empty or half full?

Difficult question. I'm not sure how to answer because I just flat don't know the answer to it.

A resounding no!

Your damn right we have the right to know if a koranimal is flying our plane! And giving the importance of such a job, you should know who the pilot is any time.

Hmmm. My inclination is to say no. Why? For the same reasons of what SJ just said. BUT...on the other hand, not all muslims are murderers or extremists. Then again, the risk that one IS an extremist and has such a weapon in his hands...but then thats painting all of them with a very broad brush....however, is the glass half empty or half full?

Difficult question. I'm not sure how to answer because I just flat don't know the answer to it.
Would you feel comfortable boarding a plane with 5 or 6 muslims getting on in front of you? Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to put give any of them the benefit of the doubt, especially when NONE of them will denounce Islamic terrorism.

It kinda falls into the line of.....(strawman sample)....if a drunk lost his drivers license due to DUI's, do cops or citizens have the right to background check this guy before he gets a job driving a school bus? The answer is yes. Are all drunks wanting to drive? No. But better safe than sorry.
Islam has too many red flags on those who follow it. They have not shown us any reason to trust them any more (if we ever did). So being a drunk and a drunken driver means you probably will never get a license again. Being a muslim and wanting to fly a plane.....well...it just comes with the territory of choice, doesn't it?

Would you feel comfortable boarding a plane with 5 or 6 muslims getting on in front of you? Sorry, but I don't feel obligated to put give any of them the benefit of the doubt, especially when NONE of them will denounce Islamic terrorism.
We were posting at the same time. Yeah...I'm pretty much in agreement with you but I have no clue why I feel kinda guilty thinking it.

OMG, the ignorance of the tea baggers.

We were posting at the same time. Yeah...I'm pretty much in agreement with you but I have no clue why I feel kinda guilty thinking it.
Liberal propaganda.

Liberal propaganda.
Non political. More like human compassion to believe the best is in everyone when I know that isn't true but struggle with that knowledge.

Forum List

Back